Synergy

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just can't take the O line blame.

"Kyler got sacked! This O line sucks!".

Every QB gets sacked. Every QB gets multiple pressures. Defenses have evolved to focus on pressuring the QB as the game has gone pass heavy.

Kyler is 23rd in the league for pressure at 19.5%. Our O line has the 12th lowest pressure rate in the league. And right in line with that is Kyler's sack rate which is 11th best in the league on a per drop back basis at 5.85%.

For comparison Mahomes is 4.56% and Josh Allen is 4.17%.

And all of this is with the Chiefs game being the most pressured of Kyler's career. For the last 7 games Kyler has been a bottom 5 pressured QB in the league.

Kirk Cousins that just beat us and who is 6-1 has a 25.4% pressure rate. Jalen Hurts is 7-0 with a 20.1% pressure rate. Geno Smith is 23.1%. Mahomes 23.4%.

Keep blaming the O line just seems like cheap and easy way to try to absolve Kyler of blame when in fact the stats say he has above league average protection.

In fact Kyler is having his worst ever season with his best ever O line.
Are you seriously going to talk about pressure rates without mentioning how quickly Kyler has been getting the ball out of his hand all season? Seems like that is some important context to use.

Also, in what world is this anyone's best O line ever? We are starting our 3rd string center who was just signed off the street along with 2 other backups and some wholly mediocre guys on the right side. I am sure it's just a coincidence that the running game has been awful, too. Probably Kyler's fault somehow.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I'm just not buying this, not when you factor how DL has to play Kyler because of his athleticism.

I can maybe buy this. Buying the part about it being awful this year. That low, though? I don't know.

I don't and haven't absolved Kyler of his poor play this year. I just could never tell if you were a Keim advocate or not like a Brit or Krang because I never see you bash Keim like you do Kyler or even Kliff.
That stat of his passer rating under pressure was literally on the ticker on NFL network this morning…

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I'm just not buying this, not when you factor how DL has to play Kyler because of his athleticism.

I can maybe buy this. Buying the part about it being awful this year. That low, though? I don't know.

I don't and haven't absolved Kyler of his poor play this year. I just could never tell if you were a Keim advocate or not like a Brit or Krang because I never see you bash Keim like you do Kyler or even Kliff.

And FYI Keim and Kliff sucking is just a given at this point

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are you seriously going to talk about pressure rates without mentioning how quickly Kyler has been getting the ball out of his hand all season? Seems like that is some important context to use.

Also, in what world is this anyone's best O line ever? We are starting our 3rd string center who was just signed off the street along with 2 other backups and some wholly mediocre guys on the right side. I am sure it's just a coincidence that the running game has been awful, too. Probably Kyler's fault somehow.

Yeah I am because he's not getting the ball out because he's under pressure.

And I'm talking the O line overall. Not the last 2 games.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That stat of his passer rating under pressure was literally on the ticker on NFL network this morning…
Please to God don’t tell me you believe in numbers without research and context dude…..

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also, him being dead last, I’m not even sure if that’s accurate when I’m looking at a stat that shows another QB is dead last.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I am because he's not getting the ball out because he's under pressure.

And I'm talking the O line overall. Not the last 2 games.
What are you talking about? Kyler getting the ball out quickly means there are fewer chances for him to get pressured, which obviously affect pressure rates. It has nothing to do with why he is throwing quickly.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please to God don’t tell me you believe in numbers without research and context dude…..

I have all the context I need watching him play on Sundays. It’s not some arbitrary stat. His passing stats under pressure are what they are DEAD LAST.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, him being dead last, I’m not even sure if that’s accurate when I’m looking at a stat that shows another QB is dead last.

Well how many snaps has that QB played…. You know how the NFL works the players have to have a certain number of games or plays played to be considered. They’re not gonna add a guy that only has 35 snaps under center and consider him as being last. The sample size is too small.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have all the context I need watching him play on Sundays. It’s not some arbitrary stat. His passing stats under pressure are what they are DEAD LAST.
You don’t have all the context you have, Shane. Stop. Don’t lie to me & don’t lie to yourself. You’re not watching other teams & their QBs like that consistently.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

That stat you seen on TV, what is their source?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don’t have all the context you have, Shane. Stop. Don’t lie to me & don’t lie to yourself. You’re not watching other teams & their QBs like that consistently.

That’s a good question. It’s NFL network which is owned and operated by the NFL so you would assume one of their stat folks. Zach Wilson should surely qualify he’s definitely played enough.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What are you talking about? Kyler getting the ball out quickly means there are fewer chances for him to get pressured, which obviously affect pressure rates. It has nothing to do with why he is throwing quickly.
I mentioned this in another thread, but his sole focus is a % and not total amount. He ignores the many 3 step drops and 1 yard screens we throw, which obviously bring the % down

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Here it is:

Attachments

• E6096F3B-0E63-4FD9-BEF7-ACC604EB8430.jpeg
    E6096F3B-0E63-4FD9-BEF7-ACC604EB8430.jpeg
    218.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 82E51E0C-5457-4C56-B9A1-202D7B775558.jpeg
    82E51E0C-5457-4C56-B9A1-202D7B775558.jpeg
    257.3 KB · Views: 10

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The dilemma for the Cardinals is whether or not to use Murray's mobility. So far the choice has to keep him healthy by keeping him in the pocket. But it is the mobile version of Murray that goes to the pro bowl.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I just can't take the O line blame.

"Kyler got sacked! This O line sucks!".

Every QB gets sacked. Every QB gets multiple pressures. Defenses have evolved to focus on pressuring the QB as the game has gone pass heavy.

Kyler is 23rd in the league for pressure at 19.5%. Our O line has the 12th lowest pressure rate in the league. And right in line with that is Kyler's sack rate which is 11th best in the league on a per drop back basis at 5.85%.

For comparison Mahomes is 4.56% and Josh Allen is 4.17%.

And all of this is with the Chiefs game being the most pressured of Kyler's career. For the last 7 games Kyler has been a bottom 5 pressured QB in the league.

Kirk Cousins that just beat us and who is 6-1 has a 25.4% pressure rate. Jalen Hurts is 7-0 with a 20.1% pressure rate. Geno Smith is 23.1%. Mahomes 23.4%.

Keep blaming the O line just seems like cheap and easy way to try to absolve Kyler of blame when in fact the stats say he has above league average protection.

In fact Kyler is having his worst ever season with his best ever O line.
Comparing Murray to 6’3” QBs misses the point. You don’t have to get as close to Murray as most QBs to alter his line of sight. Pressure is a subjective measurement and what is pressure to Murray May not be pressure to Cousins. That said, I tried to indicated Murray is more sensitive to pressure and physically not strong enough to take hits to complete passes. I think the parts of the O-line I highlighted have not been good enough for Murray’s situation. Would Murray do better with an O-line that is exceptional? I believe he would, but the Cards will never know if they never get one.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
That 11-6 may as well have been 100 years ago. You need to focus on the 4-11 in their last 15, which is the team we are at this point.
That’s a very good question. I do think it’s fair to look at the overall record, which is mediocre. I also think people underestimate the impact of a player like Edmonds. Finally, I think Murray’s play has deteriorated due to his being more contact adverse. Finally, I also think the more the league sees of Kingsbury’s offense, the better they are at defending it. For long term success offenses have to display continuous improvement and change. The Cards have not improved Or changed. He’s just too predictable.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA