Nuggets @ Suns Monday Playoff game thread 6-7-2021 - Game 1

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Man, what a first half. Intense.

(I can't post in play-by-play stuff here, my Hulu Live is always iffy on delays.)

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Frustrating half, but only down 1 is pretty decent.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeesh. Welp. New game second half. Need better game from book. 0-3 from 3 and 5 TOs isn’t going to do it.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The big difference now is Suns are outrebounding Nuggets and attacking the rim. Keep it up and we will win.

They need to keep Denver from scoring inside. Denver has 30 points in the paint. That plus 7 threes and has made up almost their entire offense. They just keep getting inside.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Booker needs to activate playoff mode. Hes not playing overly aggressive, but he's turning the ball over like he is.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don’t really like how that half went.

looks like this series will be a war.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton does get fouled sometimes.

no no no every time he misses it’s cause he’s soft. I’ve never seen this.

how bout a guy just misses a shot. He’s 5 for 9 that’s not good enough.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Reggie literally called him out for being soft on that specific play that I called him soft. It can happen even if you don’t want to believe it.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Booker continues to play sleepy, Denver wins this. Our advantage is Booker. They have no answer for him. But he's not taking it to them.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree. Just okay-by-play commentary.

I don't know how many times someone says Booker sucks or Mikal sucks or any player during a game after a bad play and its brushed off or repeated by others. If someone says it about a bad play Ayton makes then his defenders start in about how he always gets a bad rap and doesn't deserve it because whatever. Its nuts.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He has spurts of playing so.. this just goes to his inconsistency as a young player. It's what drives me nuts at times...but it's also that I understand is part of his development as well.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Reggie literally called him out for being soft on that specific play that I called him soft. It can happen even if you don’t want to believe it.
Right, and we all know Reggie Miller is the expert. This is the guy that didn’t think ADs kick on Crowder wasn’t intentional or a flagrant.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The dunk he threw down on Porter is the guy he needs to be all the time instead of just every once in a while.

that’s also with a running start facing the basket as opposed to catching under the backboard and having to go up at a bad angle.

stuff like that has to be taken into consideration

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
did you think it was going to be easy

Was not expecting Campazo to out play Paul.

they are switching smalls onto Joker way to much.

I am mainly just disappointed in our defense.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
that’s also with a running start facing the basket as opposed to catching under the backboard and having to go up at a bad angle.

stuff like that has to be taken into consideration

Unfortunately, a lot of those situations he creates for himself by dawdling with the ball instead of going straight up.

Again, I have to wonder what Mark Bryant is coaching him to do. Or if it just isn't being retained at game time.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't know how many times someone says Booker sucks or Mikal sucks or any player during a game after a bad play and its brushed off or repeated by others. If someone says it about a bad play Ayton makes then his defenders start in about how he always gets a bad rap and doesn't deserve it because whatever. Its nuts.
It’s like clockwork. He can be our best player and still have individual plays worthy of criticism. Doesn’t negate his other good plays. But I get the impression some people think it’s meant to do so.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Booker continues to play sleepy, Denver wins this. Our advantage is Booker. They have no answer for him. But he's not taking it to them.

booker was fine, doubling him was effective, we missed to many open 3’s.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard