New league year 2022-23

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Yeah I've seen a lot of proof that Murray is pretty serious about football.
I dont know, nor does anyone on this board, the difference in offseason work between Kyler and other young QBs

We do know he does work -- but only through other parties. K1 posts very little video (if any) himself.

We only know he had offseason work with his receivers because someone like DHop posted a video, or that Hollywood told people. We have no idea what QB experts he works with --- or if he works with any.

I think part of this is K1 is a different guy. He is the anti-JJ Watt in terms of social media. JJ gives us full blast. Kyler gives us occasional peeks.

Is it possible that during last year he concluded he watched enough film to be successful -- wouldnt surprise me. But again, through 10 weeks or so, was he wrong? But the last 7 weeks also could have made him rethink that as well.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I dont know, nor does anyone on this board, the difference in offseason work between Kyler and other young QBs

We do know he does work -- but only through other parties. K1 posts very little video (if any) himself.

We only know he had offseason work with his receivers because someone like DHop posted a video, or that Hollywood told people. We have no idea what QB experts he works with --- or if he works with any.

I think part of this is K1 is a different guy. He is the anti-JJ Watt in terms of social media. JJ gives us full blast. Kyler gives us occasional peeks.

Is it possible that during last year he concluded he watched enough film to be successful -- wouldnt surprise me. But again, through 10 weeks or so, was he wrong? But the last 7 weeks also could have made him rethink that as well.
In the last 7 weeks, he could have watched film 16 hours/day & it wouldn't have mattered. When your OL can't pass block, when your RB's are injured, when your WR's without Hop cannot get open, and your D is pathetic against both the run & pass, then criticizing him for supposedly not watching enough film is kind of funny.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Really depends. Its possible he really believes he had no DHOP and AJ Green suddenly became washed.

I guess the good thing about the Hopkins suspension is that if there ever was a time to over prepare the time is now. In Texas his dad is known as a very strict QB coach. Its just a question if Kyler needs another voice to convince him of what he needs to work on/see. I know the coaching staff mentioned how having Colt McCoy was very helpful to him in the film room. Its on Kyler to seek outside help if need be. Similar to a golfer seeking out new strategies.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
In the last 7 weeks, he could have watched film 16 hours/day & it wouldn't have mattered. When your OL can't pass block, when your RB's are injured, when your WR's without Hop cannot get open, and your D is pathetic against both the run & pass, then criticizing him for supposedly not watching enough film is kind of funny.
Not really. Let's not kid ourselves. What you say about the rest of our team is true. It's also true that KM contributed to the slide as well.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I believe this is overdramatic. Colt McCoy found a way to run the offense well without Hop and with the same offensive line for two of the three weeks Kyler was out. What we all know is that in the NFL either based upon matchup or injuries, QBs need to be able to tweek their game and adjust. Colt McCoy showed a way to run the offense that was different than Kyler but with sub-optimal personnel available. Kyler did not observe that and adjust his game similarly once he came back.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it is reasonable to lament that Herbert has outperformed Murray in one less year and wasn't taken number one.

I don't believe it is even debatable that Mahomes, Herbert, and Allen are all better QBs than Kyler Murray at this point in time. While it is ok, it is also a bit disappointing.

I do agree that there is little evidence to prove that Kyler doesn't take his career seriously. I think he does. That said, I do believe his biggest issues are self awareness and humility. I have made the Russell Westbrook comparison before and it popped into my head when he passed on speaking with the media this past week which Somers reported.
Him passing on the media was probably the smartest thing he has done all off season.

Firstky because, well...**** those guys...

Secondky, it would have devolved into questions about his contract, is he gonna hold out.... all that crap... and there is a high probability those guys in the media would find a negative spin no matter what he said.

Kyler: "i love arizona and i love being a cardinal. So i decided to take a 3 year non guaranteed deal. This allows me the opportunity to be well compensated while stepping up to prove i am worthy of an upper echelon contract"

Media: kyler murray says he doesnt believe he is as good as guys like Allen and Mahomes. He took a short deal because he is uncertain about his future in Arizona.

Until his contract is done he should skip every media event

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Him passing on the media was probably the smartest thing he has done all off season.

Firstky because, well...**** those guys...

Secondky, it would have devolved into questions about his contract, is he gonna hold out.... all that crap... and there is a high probability those guys in the media would find a negative spin no matter what he said.

Kyler: "i love arizona and i love being a cardinal. So i decided to take a 3 year non guaranteed deal. This allows me the opportunity to be well compensated while stepping up to prove i am worthy of an upper echelon contract"

Media: kyler murray says he doesnt believe he is as good as guys like Allen and Mahomes. He took a short deal because he is uncertain about his future in Arizona.

Until his contract is done he should skip every media event
Uh, I would say I'm glad you're not his media advisor, because this would be terrible advice. Then again, considering he is damaging himself by ducking the media, perhaps you are his media advisor.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseyslayer