NFL league: year 2022-23

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My favorite part of football games/practices is the organized part where linemen rip off helmets and start swinging them at each other. Good times.
I remember a time when it was pretty much expected that WRs took 2-3 years before they reached their potential. Times sure have changed.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I remember a time when it was pretty much expected that WRs took 2-3 years before they reached their potential. Times sure have changed.
Wrong thread?

But yeah, not every player develops at the same level. Look at Brandon Thorn's twitter post on Josh Jones. He said Josh Jones was the single most impressive OL this preaseason, and you can't just say he played against scrubs because Jones played a lot of snaps this preaseason and faced a few starters and edge rotation guys and pretty much dominated them. Like I said in earlier threads, Bobby Massie was pretty bad his first few years and then developed into an above average RT.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wrong thread?

But yeah, not every player develops at the same level. Look at Brandon Thorn's twitter post on Josh Jones. He said Josh Jones was the single most impressive OL this preaseason, and you can't just say he played against scrubs because Jones played a lot of snaps this preaseason and faced a few starters and edge rotation guys and pretty much dominated them. Like I said in earlier threads, Bobby Massie was pretty bad his first few years and then developed into an above average RT.
Ooops yes wrong thread. On the radio yesterday they were talking about Jones and he said when he came to camp this year they strictly told him he would be a tackle and only a tackle. He said it eased all of his stress and was able to just play. Said it was by far his best and easiest camp. They need to get past the idea that you can just stick anybody a guard and expect them to perform.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Ooops yes wrong thread. On the radio yesterday they were talking about Jones and he said when he came to camp this year they strictly told him he would be a tackle and only a tackle. He said it eased all of his stress and was able to just play. Said it was by far his best and easiest camp. They need to get past the idea that you can just stick anybody a guard and expect them to perform.
Usually it works, but sometimes it doesn't. That doesn't mean a player "sucks"

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose