NBA draft picks trade rumors

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think a backcourt of Kyrie and Booker would be more like what Portland has with McCollum and Lillard. I think they'd be better than those 2 but it would definitely be a nice start towards building a steady contender. I would hope that Kyrie would have a chip on his shoulder though, trying to prove he can win without Lebron. He's highly skilled but his motivation has been a question mark for me when I've watched him play.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Woj just tweeted that Dwight has been traded from Atlanta to Charlotte.

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1570586&start=1480

Plumlee, Belenelli and the 41st pick for Dwight and the 31st pick. Wow.

That's odd, I just posted this in the NBA thread and I thought Atlanta and Charlotte had a great exchange, go figure that they swing a deal like that in the meantime.

http://www.12up.com/posts/5165178-h...versation-about-wild-trade-rumors?a_aid=41147

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dwight Howard was considered the best big in the league and a top 5 player just a few years ago and now he's worth a Plumlee brother and a 2nd round pick. He's only 31 now also, that's crazy. He had Anthony Davis sort of value before he started running his career into the ground his final year in Orlando and then he flamed out in LA.

I don't know of any other player who had as much hype surrounding him before he hit his prime, 27-30 years old, that has flamed out like he has. He was looked at as the future of the league just 4 seasons ago and Shaq 2.0, going from Orlando to LA to make them title contenders again.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Dwight's entire game is built around his insane athleticism. His body started breaking down and he's getting older and his impact is deteriorating quickly, so I'm not entirely surprised his value has sunk so low.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dwight's entire game is built around his insane athleticism. His body started breaking down and he's getting older and his impact is deteriorating quickly, so I'm not entirely surprised his value has sunk so low.

Looking back, the Pelicans look to have made a good trade for Cousins. He cost the Pelicans very little.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Apparently, the Clippers asked the Suns for Tyson Chandler and the 4th pick for Deandre Jordan. The Suns reportedly balked at the offer.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently, the Clippers asked the Suns for Tyson Chandler and the 4th pick for Deandre Jordan. The Suns reportedly balked at the offer.

I hadn't heard that. Jordon turns 29 in July, has a player option after next season and cost lots of money.

I wouldn't do it either based upon the Suns youth movement.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah. All of these rumors of the Suns trading the 4th pick for older players (Love, Jordan, etc) are scary, but it sounds like the Suns have not been interested (thankfully!).

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo said there was no talks of trading for Love or any contact with Cleveland about a deal.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was contact with Cleveland but not about Love. It was for Kyrie. He explained this in his radio show.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was contact with Cleveland but not about Love. It was for Kyrie. He explained this in his radio show.

I didn't catch the show, was going by twitter and what people on Reddit were saying about it. Thanks for the clarification.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If Boston turned down Butler for 3 and Sac turned down 2 for 5/10 then it means Boston is not trading out of 3. They have the assets to get Porzingis but taking back Noah would limit their cap space for Hayward.

I think we'd be the frontrunner for Zinger since the Knicks love JJ and Boston loves Tatum (allegedly).

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fans here want Jorden to blow it up and tank. They all want S.Curry to come home when he is to old to play.
Is every team except the Warriors trying to tank? The Lakers just sent away their best young asset in a salary dump. Atlanta just dumped Dwight who doesn't seem to be a part of Carolinas plans either. Cleveland is ready to blow apart. Ainge seems to be the only GM trying to win games.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He and Burns speculated it was Kyrie. The way Gambo described it, I think he talked to someone from Cleveland's side. I bet he has a contact with David Griffin.

He and Burns kept speculating that maybe the Cavs were considering starting the rebuild. They didn't quite discuss the obvious scenario that they could have offered Kyrie for Bledsoe and the #4 and flip the #4 for PG or Jimmy Butler.

Having Lebron, PG/Butler, Love, and Bledsoe could placate Lebron and instill some hope of contending. The thinking is PG/Butler and Bledsoe is better than just Kyrie. Bledsoe and Lebron are buds with the same agent too.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gag me... IMO Kyrie is one of the most overrated players in the NBA. No way I'd do Bledsoe and #4 for him.

chickenhead

Reaction score
Ok. Something's up. Griffin gone. Love on the trading block. Rumors flying about LeBrons wife wanting to live full-time in LA. LeBron tweets to griffin about we got al least one. We have seen this before.

LeBrons going to LA. Watch. He is all about building his legend. He got a championship in Cleveland. He is done there. Now he can be the one who brings the Lakers back to glory--and makes even more dough in the process. LeBron signs as a free agent. They add Paul George.

Wonder how that Laker pick will turn out now?

I thought LeBron's wife was one of the big factors in him returning to Ohio...? Not questioning your post, just that this seems like a quick change of mind. If you're choosing Cleveland over Miami, wanting LA over Cleveland doesn't seem obvious.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I hope we didn't turn down Chriss and the #4 for Porzingis.

chickenhead

Reaction score
He and Burns speculated it was Kyrie. The way Gambo described it, I think he talked to someone from Cleveland's side. I bet he has a contact with David Griffin.

He and Burns kept speculating that maybe the Cavs were considering starting the rebuild. They didn't quite discuss the obvious scenario that they could have offered Kyrie for Bledsoe and the #4 and flip the #4 for PG or Jimmy Butler.

Having Lebron, PG/Butler, Love, and Bledsoe could placate Lebron and instill some hope of contending. The thinking is PG/Butler and Bledsoe is better than just Kyrie. Bledsoe and Lebron are buds with the same agent too.

I wonder if Griffin's departure has something to do with this – i.e. LeBron wanting Cleveland to go all-in for this upcoming season while reserving the right to remain noncommittal about his own future.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I hope we didn't turn down Chriss and the #4 for Porzingis.

My thoughts as well. Maybe McDonough is still negotiating trying to substitute Bender for Chriss.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose