NBA draft picks trade rumors

BleedRed

Registered
Reaction score
@sunsfan88

Something is going on. My guess is the Suns are looking to trade a PF (Bender or Chriss) if they acquire Porzingis. Millsap would be a replacement.

Please no to Milsap, much like the Iggy I don't think he fits into this young team ,and would only take valuable minutes away from someone's development.

Bender and the #4 for Porzingis. That's where it's at.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
That would be a tough one for me. I'm concerned that Porzingis improved so little between his first two years.

Keep in mind he's been playing with Carmelo. I watched a few Knicks games last year, and nobody really gets to do anything with Carmelo in the game.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

So I am NOT one of those people who live in a fantasy world where our 20 year-old players all become all-stars in 3 years, and think we shouldn't have anyone on the roster that's old enough to drink. That said, Milsap is just too old and too overrated, and unlike Iggy, I don't think he is a particularly vocal leader in the locker room. No thanks.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I am NOT one of those people who live in a fantasy world where our 20 year-old players all become all-stars in 3 years, and think we shouldn't have anyone on the roster that's old enough to drink. That said, Milsap is just too old and too overrated, and unlike Iggy, I don't think he is a particularly vocal leader in the locker room. No thanks.

IMO, Millsap would be the starting PF if the Suns trade Chriss while Bender develops.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Booker was in 2nd grade when Milsap came into the league.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And the Suns would be a better environment for what reason exactly?
No one seems mad. The players at least all seem to like one and other and the coaching staff. And though I don't know what Watson's offense is, at least people aren't crying that it keeps changing like was the case in ny with the triangle no triangle.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would trade every player and every pick the Suns have besides Booker for Porzingis.

Getting those two together means we now have our young star tandem to build around. It's harder to get the stars than it is the guys around them.

And as much as I like Chriss, Porzingis is far more skilled and has a higher ceiling.

I don't think that report is true because I doubt McD is dumb enough to decline a trade offer in which Booker wasn't included for Porzingis.
Man, I am glad you are not our GM--primarily because we don't HAVE to do that.

Errntknght

Reaction score
The Suns better make very sure that Porzingis wants to be here before they trade for him... the Knicks are not in contact with KP, so one has to wonder if the Suss have spoken to him...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please no to Milsap, much like the Iggy I don't think he fits into this young team ,and would only take valuable minutes away from someone's development.

Bender and the #4 for Porzingis. That's where it's at.

If true, I think the trade would have already been announced.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns better make very sure that Porzingis wants to be here before they trade for him... the Knicks are not in contact with KP, so one has to wonder if the Suss have spoken to him...

Hence the delay?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
No one seems mad. The players at least all seem to like one and other and the coaching staff. And though I don't know what Watson's offense is, at least people aren't crying that it keeps changing like was the case in ny with the triangle no triangle.

I get that, but I think that the weak coaching is a pretty serious problem. People can be happy and chummy and all that, but losing makes any set of circumstances wear out its welcome.

The Suns have won less than 30% of their games during Booker's two years in the league. That has to take its toll eventually, probably sooner rather than later.

So all I'm saying is, unless the Suns can improve both their roster and their coaching enough to start winning some games, I wouldn't count on them as being a better environment than the Knicks.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I get that, but I think that the weak coaching is a pretty serious problem. People can be happy and chummy and all that, but losing makes any set of circumstances wear out its welcome.

The Suns have won less than 30% of their games during Booker's two years in the league. That has to take its toll eventually, probably sooner rather than later.

So all I'm saying is, unless the Suns can improve both their roster and their coaching enough to start winning some games, I wouldn't count on them as being a better environment than the Knicks.

I could see your point if you were comparing the Lance Blanks/Lyndsey Hunter dark period to the current Knicks situation. That's what the Knicks are right now IMO.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm surprised so many people are reluctant to trade Chriss for Porzingis. I like Chriss but he really hasn't shown that much. KP is a unique player who should be an All Star in a matter of time and we won't get him for just Bender and the #4. You have to give up value to get valuable players. I would send Chriss, Bender, and #4 for KP and #8. I think that would be fair for both teams but I would also make the Chriss & #4 for KP alone trade. If we don't get saddled with Noah's contract in a deal for KP that's for the best but I think he can be worked into a larger deal between us.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised so many people are reluctant to trade Chriss for Porzingis. I like Chriss but he really hasn't shown that much. KP is a unique player who should be an All Star in a matter of time and we won't get him for just Bender and the #4. You have to give up value to get valuable players. I would send Chriss, Bender, and #4 for KP and #8. I think that would be fair for both teams but I would also make the Chriss & #4 for KP alone trade. If we don't get saddled with Noah's contract in a deal for KP that's for the best but I think he can be worked into a larger deal between us.

Interesting. I hadn't thought of this trade scenario. Ulis would be last man standing from the 2016 draft. Millsap would make sense if this happened.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo floated a rumor that the Spurs offered Aldridge and Green to Boston for #3. That would be our luck if SA jumped us and took the guy we wanted. Are they after Fox or Jackson?

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I agree. Chriss is a piece I'd like to keep but he isn't one of the untouchables. He hasn't shown enough yet to earn that status.

I like your trade ideas because they seem plausible for both sides. We'd be lucky to get KP without giving up Booker.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gambo floated a rumor that the Spurs offered Aldridge and Green to Boston for #3. That would be our luck if SA jumped us and took the guy we wanted. Are they after Fox or Jackson?

Sam Amico @AmicoHoops

#Spurs said to be dangling LaMarcus Aldridge in hopes of landing top-10 draft pick. "Watch out for the #Kings," one exec tells AmicoHoops.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It feels like Christmas Eve right now. I wonder what goodies are going to be under the tree tomorrow?!

:santa: