NBA draft picks trade rumors

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Booker and #4 pick to New York for Kristaps Porzingis another rumor

Ahh no thanks to that.

I'd counter that proposal with Bender, #4 pick and future Miami pick and cross my fingers. ;)

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If suns trade booker i will slam my head against the wall.... booker is one of the few bright spots for the suns to build on.

I am looking forward to the draft suns can def get a good player to help the rebuild process rather it be fox jackson or.... tantum.

BleedRed

Registered
Reaction score
I think Boston is locked in on Tatum and knows they can drop a spot or two and still get him. Make ppl think you're interested in Jackson, because after Fultz and Ball he's the only player worth trading up for.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh. This is getting good.

The Rockets are talking about paying the Beard $40+ mil for 4 years.

Word from Kyrie's camp is that if LeBron leaves, Kyrie will force his way out. Which, of course, means that LeBron leaving is a possibility. Hmm. Where would LeBron want to go next?

Griff leavs the Cavs. Smart move. At a peak. If the Cavs blow up now, it will look like they really missed him.

Cavs shopping Love now. So PG13, Jimmy Butler, and Love are all on the market.

Now P.Jack is dropping hints that Zinger might be available.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A player stays with an NBA team for typically, what, three years? We have this conversation a lot. Most of the current Suns roster will have turned over by the time they become relevant again.

I don't consider it "mortgaging the future" unless you're giving up a core piece. So if the package was Warren, Bender, and a MIA pick, what's the core piece? Maybe Warren, and don't get me wrong, I like Warren, but I don't see him as a must-have going forward.

On the other hand, adding a legitimate center now would:

a) allow the rest of the roster to grow into their proper positions, instead of always moving up in small ball,

b) allow the coaching staff, if they are competent, to establish a culture of team defense, based on the presence of a real rim protector and defensive rebounder -- you know, the role that Chandler plays in the 25 games per season that he's healthy,

c) allow management to get an accurate look at the potential of the young players, and make better decisions about where the real gaps are in assembling a contender,

d) improve franchise morale by getting out of this era of endless suck, and becoming a credible destination for free agents again.

To me, that's a lot of upside if the only real cost is Warren.

you're right... I thought you had mentioned giving this year's pick as well. If Warren's the only cost, I got no problem doing it.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns could really put together a great package for Porzingas, but Booker is a no go

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Bledsoe
Chriss or Bender
future 1st

for

KP
Noah

That would be my max offer hoping they choose Bender.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lakers just traded Russell and mosgov for a late first and lopez... almost gaurenteed to take ball at this point.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
you're right... I thought you had mentioned giving this year's pick as well. If Warren's the only cost, I got no problem doing it.

Oh, yeah, definitely not the #4 in a package for Jordan. That's a total non-starter.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I'd have a hard time. If we were unbiased, we'd likely want KP.

I'm not so sure. Booker showed a lot more improvement in his sophomore year than Porzingis did. Porzingis may already be near his ceiling.

My guess is that if you polled NBA GMs as to who they'd rather have, Booker would have a slight edge.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I love Booker too but this could be the time to sell high if you don't think he can improve on defense.

The theme of the post season was "Two-way players!"

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lakers just traded Russell and mosgov for a late first and lopez... almost gaurenteed to take ball at this point.

What does this say about the market?

IMO it means no way that Love gets traded for #4 . If an average pg and a bad contract get you a late first and a potential all star big(with a big salary) then why would you pay more?

Porzingas- someone already said you offer bledsoe, Chriss or Bender, Miamis 2018 and the 32nd and take back Noah's contract . Bring in a FA PG or small forward like George hill or Hayward. Draft Jackson,Tatum, ball or Fox and roll.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Basically the Cleveland deal was for the #4 but it wasn't love, it was Kyrie

BleedRed

Registered
Reaction score
Lakers are taking Ball for sure now.
What does this say about the market?

IMO it means no way that Love gets traded for #4 . If an average pg and a bad contract get you a late first and a potential all star big(with a big salary) then why would you pay more?

Porzingas- someone already said you offer bledsoe, Chriss or Bender, Miamis 2018 and the 32nd and take back Noah's contract . Bring in a FA PG or small forward like George hill or Hayward. Draft Jackson,Tatum, ball or Fox and roll.

I would consider this but only if it's Bender, at this point is much easier to see Chris's future of being a very very good player then Bender's who is still a relative unknown.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard