NBA draft picks trade rumors

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The rumors are already starting.....

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
NBA Draft scuttle: Hearing Detroit is open to discussing trades for its No. 12 overall pick in hopes of acquiring more of a win-now veteran.

My first thought was to dump Knight on them, but they can't absorb his salary, and anyone they'd send back would be even worse. For example, Jon Leuer is owed $30 million over the next three seasons.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My first thought was to dump Knight on them, but they can't absorb his salary, and anyone they'd send back would be even worse. For example, Jon Leuer is owed $30 million over the next three seasons.
I forgot the Leuer got that deal. Wow. I guess that is the lesson in free agency. Go for top players or sit out and wait for discount deals late. The worst thing to do is to pay big bucks for ho hum player.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
the nba draft barely manages to put out 5 good players a year....#12 pick is almost worthless if you want to improve your team

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
the nba draft barely manages to put out 5 good players a year....#12 pick is almost worthless if you want to improve your team

Like your p & r posts, this one's highly questionable! jkjkjk

Parker, ginobili, leonard - anything to add?

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

#13 pick is pretty good though...aka Booker

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lots of top players are picked outside the top 10. It's true, its only about 5 good players a year, but those five good players are spread over the whole draft.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Id give them Knight for Jon Leuer back

which isnt saying much. Id give them Knight for a cotton candy machine

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
#13 pick is pretty good though...aka Booker

Drafting early helps but consistent drafts is critical to building a good team.

McDonough nailed it on Booker. Drafting later is not better but it takes the pressure off drafting a more hyped pick.

The key thing is drafting a contributor every draft and then hope the Suns get lucky with their picks... or nail a trade or pick up a quality free agent.

So yeah, #13 or #15 or whatever can be pretty good.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
McDonough nailed it on Booker.

He got lucky. Lets not pretend like Mcdonough made some brilliant pick based off scouting ability. He took a shot in the dark.

As demonstrated by the fact Booker didnt start. If they foresaw Bookers stardom, then he wouldve played sooner.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He got lucky. Lets not pretend like Mcdonough made some brilliant pick based off scouting ability. He took a shot in the dark.

As demonstrated by the fact Booker didnt start. If they foresaw Bookers stardom, then he wouldve played sooner.

I'm not sure how to respond to something like this. Maybe I shouldn't.

There is a lot of scouting, workouts and interviews that go into drafting a player.

I guess drafting Ulis in the 2nd round was a lucky guess as well.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Uhh... Ok....McD sux then?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

he was literally the youngest player in NBA history. No one starts a kid that young.

I mean, did the Lakers not see stardom when they took Kobe? Not only did he never start a game in his rookie season, but he was only the 6th Man in his SECOND season.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, for "publicly questioning a moderator's decision."

I don't want to rehash this too much but I didn't ban him initially, I just deleted his post and PM'd him, he then answered my PM, did it again, I warned him again and deleted the post, and he did it again. So he literally got 3 strikes before he was out.