NBA draft picks trade rumors

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
No. #4 and Bender, and I like Bender. Chriss just has such a higher floor than Bender.

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
You have to realize Phil Jackson is mad at porzingis, so we're in the driver's seat on that trade.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I think NY probably wants Chriss and #4. I'd still do it.

That's too much. Chriss has All Star potential and so will the 4th pick.

I'd give the #4, the Miami picks and anybody outside of Booker and Chriss. The reason you accumulate all those assets is to get a star. You don't want to give one away to get one.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We did turn down that trade. No doubt they are still in talks hopefully I wouldn't mind giving up 4 with a combo of Warren, Bender and whoever not named Booker or Chriss

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's too much. Chriss has All Star potential and so will the 4th pick.

I'd give the #4, the Miami picks and anybody outside of Booker and Chriss. The reason you accumulate all those assets is to get a star. You don't want to give one away to get one.

I take the bird in the hand rather than two in the bush.

IMO, Porzingis is a star quality player. If the Suns can trade for a star without giving up Booker, I do it. This is why the Suns have been accumulating assets... for such a moment.

Certainly if the Suns can get a better deal, they should do it.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hmmm. I am just so pumped about the #4 pick. But getting Porzingis would be a coup. Bender and #4 makes sense because Bender becomes extraneous with Porzingis here. I wonder if they would go for both Miami picks and Bender and we keep #4.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I take the bird in the hand rather than two in the bush.

IMO, Porzingis is a star quality player. If the Suns can trade for a star without giving up Booker, I do it. This is why the Suns have been accumulating assets... for such a moment.
I think the Suns see Chriss as being just as valuable as Booker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Suns see Chriss as being just as valuable as Booker.

I hope they are right if they walk away from the trade. I'd like to keep Chriss too. However, it takes something to get something.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I hope they are right if they walk away from the trade. I'd like to keep Chriss too. However, it takes something to get something.
The #4 pick is very valuable right now. You really think KP is more valuable than Chriss AND Fox?

I'm glad I'm not making these decisions. There is a choice out there right now that sets the Suns up for the next 8 years. I'm just not sure what it is.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess he's somewhat of a unicorn at his size the way he plays but I'm not a huge Porzingis fan. I think he's clearly good, but he doesn't rebound well enough for me, his RPG actually fell last year despite MPG going up. But he can score, he blocks shots, if he can cut his TO's down he's a good enough passer.

I'm not sure how good Chriss is going to be either again not a great rebounder for his size and athleticism, but he's young and again such a good athlete the potential is there for him to be a better rebounder than KP is.

Porzingas is better now, in 2 years he may not be. But then I know there are people who think KP is going to be a superstar.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
This is pretty fun. I feel like a kid at Christmas who gave his parents a list of 5 incredible toys but knows he will only receive one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
You don't give away Chriss and #4. Maybe, if the knicks want the Miami picks, you do that, otherwise it's Bender. And I like Bender once again.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The #4 pick is very valuable right now. You really think KP is more valuable than Chriss AND Fox?

I'm glad I'm not making these decisions. There is a choice out there right now that sets the Suns up for the next 8 years. I'm just not sure what it is.

You know I like Fox. LOL

If push comes to shove I trade #4 and Chriss for Porzingis. Hopefully the Suns make the right decision. I haven't given up on Bender which helps a little.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is pretty fun. I feel like a kid at Christmas who gave his parents a list of 5 incredible toys but knows he will only receive one.

However, I want to peek at the gift. :)

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@sunsfan88

Something is going on. My guess is the Suns are looking to trade a PF (Bender or Chriss) if they acquire Porzingis. Millsap would be a replacement.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would trade every player and every pick the Suns have besides Booker for Porzingis.

Getting those two together means we now have our young star tandem to build around. It's harder to get the stars than it is the guys around them.

And as much as I like Chriss, Porzingis is far more skilled and has a higher ceiling.

I don't think that report is true because I doubt McD is dumb enough to decline a trade offer in which Booker wasn't included for Porzingis.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would trade every player and every pick the Suns have besides Booker for Porzingis.

Getting those two together means we now have our young star tandem to build around. It's harder to get the stars than it is the guys around them.

And as much as I like Chriss, Porzingis is far more skilled and has a higher ceiling.

I don't think that report is true because I doubt McD is dumb enough to decline a trade offer in which Booker wasn't included for Porzingis.

In moderation, we agree the Suns should do anything within reason to trade for Porzingis.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'd offer bender, the 4, warren and next year's Miami pick.

I think that's fair. Essentially two #4s, another draft pick and a pretty serviceable young player. If bender pans out and the knicks make good on the two draft picks they've accelerated their rebuilding.

The Suns would look great:

Bledsoe
Booker
Sign sf in free agency
Chriss
Porzingas

If Booker, Chriss, and porzingas continue on their trajectories we have our BIG THREE. Then get a 3-D guy at the sf position and a distributor at pg (as Bledsoe' successor)