2023 ARZ Offseason

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well now that ARZ unexpected WS appearance is over, Kendrick and Hazen have some major decisions to make.

Will Kendrick spend to bolster rotation? Bring in a productive bat to boost offense? Will ARZ deal Gallen this offseason for huge prospect haul?

I know we are all hoping Kendrick opens his checkbook this offseason now that ARZ is ahead of schedule as a playoff contender. Not sure if that will come to fruition but I would love for ARZ to bring in a couple of FA SP's to add to Kelly, Gallen & Pfaadt led rotation. There aren't a lot of impact 3B on market, obviously Matt Chapman is the top guy but there will be a lot of teams going after him.

I would be interested in bringing in these guys:
SP Sonny Gray
SP Jordan Montgomery
RP Jordan Hicks
CL Josh Hader
OF Cody Bellinger

Bellinger would replace Gurriel who I don't think will re-sign with team. Bellinger is obviously an upgrade offensively. I would move Lawler to 3B to start year in AAA and bring him up at some point in 2024 as Perdomo has proven to be ARZ's SS long term.

Bellinger, Gray and Hader are going to cost a lot but this team needs some impact pieces to add to the young talent we have now. My hope is that Kendrick abandons the mindset that he doesn't need to spend money knowing we made it to the World Series with one of the lowest paid teams in MLB but chooses to go all in on making this team a perennial contender knowing that deep playoff runs will bring in more money in terms of ticket sales and concessions.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see the Dbacks spending money on two starting pitchers and a back up catcher. Maybe a little more bullpen refinement and OF depth. From a position player stand point, four of our top 10 prospects play 3B and two of them a slated for 2024. Lawler will also get major time next season at SS. It'll be a crowded infield as is.

From a pitching standpoint, I'd expect a large splash with a 1B starter and then a cheaper vet as a #4 or #5.
1A. Gallen
1B. Free Agent
2. Kelly
3. Pfaadt
4. Free Agent/Tommy Henry/Ryne Nelson

I see several young players being locked up long term too.

You must be registered for see images attach

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I forgot about Tommy Troy. Depending how he looks in the minors, and Lawlar in the majors, the D-Backs could make some left-side infield moves by the deadline. I’m excited to see if Druw Jones can put a full season together, Lin can continue to build off his impressive season, De Los Santos can bounce back after a poor year and Ivan Melendez can start getting on base to go along with his elite power bat.

OP
OP
overseascardfan

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Gambo mentioned ARZ is going to look into big name SP's like Blake Snell and the Japanese kid but he and Burns scoffed at the projected contract numbers for the top guys. ARZ isn't going to land a #1A or #2 SP unless they are willing to bid with the big boys.

He mentioned ARZ brass met about Matt Chapman but feel he will be to rich for their blood.

I think ARZ ends up with Justin Turner and maybe a mid tier SP like Lorenzen in FA. I don't think they have any shot at the Japanese kid, Snell or Sonny Gray.

Another prediction I have is they will trade some prospects to try and land a controllable SP like a Logan Gilbert or Tyler Glasnow.

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Gambo mentioned ARZ is going to look into big name SP's like Blake Snell and the Japanese kid but he and Burns scoffed at the projected contract numbers for the top guys. ARZ isn't going to land a #1A or #2 SP unless they are willing to bid with the big boys.

He mentioned ARZ brass met about Matt Chapman but feel he will be to rich for their blood.

I think ARZ ends up with Justin Turner and maybe a mid tier SP like Lorenzen in FA. I don't think they have any shot at the Japanese kid, Snell or Sonny Gray.

Another prediction I have is they will trade some prospects to try and land a controllable SP like a Logan Gilbert or Tyler Glasnow.
Living in Seattle I get to watch the M’s quite a bit. Gilbert would be a good get

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chapman solves so many problems. We were a mess at third this year.

Turner does nothing for me.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Chapman solves so many problems. We were a mess at third this year.

Turner does nothing for me.
I'm so ugh on Turner...just keep Longo if you want an old 3rd baseman to backup and mentor Lawlar. His bat was sus, but his fielding was superb.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would be interested to see what the trade market looks like. Would prefer to get a young controllable arm rather than sign one to a big deal.

In regards to the Yard Gnome(Justin turner) I wouldn’t be opposed as much as he is despised in our house, as long as he was more DH than 3rd base. We had basically zero options off the bench during the playoffs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson