2023 ARZ Offseason

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Justin Martinez should be groomed for a closer. When he was briefly with the big club at the start of the year, that fastball was a literal blow by pitch. I would love them to get this guy more consistent. He was over throwing a bit. Seems like they just need to get him to relax and trust his arm.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he's gonna be Ahmed 2.0. Great glove, no bat. Hope he proves wrong.

So Ahmed's OPS in the minors was about .664. He was never going to be a great hitter.

Lawlar's OPS over 3 seasons in the minors is .893.

They can't treat him like they did Thomas with wild spot starts and immediate benchings.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Steve Gilbert always a great read. Looks like DBacks Spring Training will have a ton of competition.

From the outfield (with guys like Jake McCarthy, Pavin Smith and No. 11 prospect Dominic Fletcher) to the infield (headlined by No. 1 prospect Jordan Lawlar, Emmanuel Rivera, Jace Peterson and Kevin Newman) to the pitching staff (which has too many names to list), there will be a lot of players fighting for few spots.

They really need a utility right handed bat. You can't go into the season with 5 left handed OFs/DHs and Gurriell