Mock Has Darnold Falling To 15

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I can certainly see the Saints taking Gesicki at #27. He would be their new Jimmy Graham.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do a ton of mock draft simulators to pass the time, and honestly I've never come across Michael Gallup, and never seen him anywhere near the first WR taken and a top 10 pick.

Edit: CBS has the guy rated #30 overall and pretty high in the WR rankings, but WalterFootball has him as the #21 WR -- perhaps just not a guy who ever stood out to me during mock draft simulations.

With his name, would be better as a RB :)

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who favors Allan as a QB in this draft?
Nope if you count me in. Highest ceiling and best skill set. They would not have to throw him into the opening day game if they grab a mid tier FA QB. I believe he is the larger Baker Mayfield. Tough, skilled etc.

MartinD

Rookie
Reaction score
Mock drafts are even stupider than "grading" a team's draft 5 minutes after the draft is over. You can't possibly grade a team's draft until 2-3 years later. Doing it 5 minutes later, when nobody has even taken an NFL snap, is an embarrassing bit of "journalism".

I absolutely, completely agree. Mock drafts and graded drafts -- the second the draft is over -- are ridiculous.

And yet...I love to see them, love to read them, and love it when they agree with what I think. Even knowing how silly they are.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope if you count me in. Highest ceiling and best skill set. They would not have to throw him into the opening day game if they grab a mid tier FA QB. I believe he is the larger Baker Mayfield. Tough, skilled etc.

I am on the Allen train as well

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Am I the only one who favors Allan as a QB in this draft?

I think I understand your thoughts, NJ. I think Allen has an enormous upside, and I think it’s the biggest of the big four. He probably also has the lowest floor of potential, but if you can make him work you might be striking gold with your pick. Not that the other can’t be great, but just because of Allen’s untapped potential.

It might also be worth a thought that Steve Wilks has watched and practiced against Cam Newton for years either as a defensive coordinator or defensive backs coach. I think Josh Allen as a type of player by far reminds the most of Newton of the four, and Wilks might prefer that type since he knows it. It could even be that Bruce Arians has taught Steve Keim something in that regard.

I personally would prefer Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold but I could understand if they wanted Josh Allen more. I also think that they almost must get a quarterback that the team can grow with whether that’s a veteran or a draft pick. So, if for instance Rosen and Darnold are off the board, I could see them target Allen or maybe Mayfield if they believe, like I do, that the drop-off is significant after the big four, and if they are not completely ticked off with their personality and demeanor. Simply because the Cardinals have painted themselves into a corner if they don’t strike big at the free agent market and thus need to get someone that can be good.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn