Mock Has Darnold Falling To 15

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't see that happening nor do I see Buffalo leapfrogging us to get Jackson.

You must be registered for see images attach

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I have only watched a few games of Darnold but there is no way I would take him top ten. This mock makes a ton of sense to me about Darnold but the rest of it not so much.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Mock drafts are even stupider than "grading" a team's draft 5 minutes after the draft is over. You can't possibly grade a team's draft until 2-3 years later. Doing it 5 minutes later, when nobody has even taken an NFL snap, is an embarrassing bit of "journalism".

I think both Darnold and Rosen are tremendously overhyped. I fully expect at least one of them to be a complete washout, and maybe both. Meanwhile one of the "lesser" prospects will wind up being this year's Carson Wentz and have a stellar career. Can the Cards get lucky and find/draft this guy? We can only hope.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Shows you how dumb this writer is when Hurst has a serious heart issue that was discovered at the combine. It’s possible he might not get drafted or ever play in the nfl

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The Browns deserve 25 more years of ineptitude if they pick Barkley #1.

I actually think Cleveland does the right thing and picks Darnold #1. i also think Rosen goes to the Giants #2

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You probably didn't like Goff or Wentz either.
I liked Goff and Wentz, but Darnold and Rosen remind me of Sanchez and Leinart.

Rosen’s passes are like Brett Hundley’s, the ball just floats in the air.
Darnold guarantees you at least 3 turnovers per game.

Unless their mechanics are fixed NFL defenses will eat them.

But if either of them fall to #15, better than what we have signed now, which is no one.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Browns deserve 25 more years of ineptitude if they pick Barkley #1.

I actually think Cleveland does the right thing and picks Darnold #1. i also think Rosen goes to the Giants #2
I can rationalize Barkley at #1 (sorta) but Ward CB at #4???????

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Shows you how dumb this writer is when Hurst has a serious heart issue that was discovered at the combine. It’s possible he might not get drafted or ever play in the nfl

Not to throw you under the bus, Bucky, but I don’t think it’s really fair to call someone dumb when he obviously knows better.

In 2011 the doctors at the Scouting Combine discovered that defensive tackle Nick Fairley had something wrong with his heart. A few month later he was drafted as the #13 overall pick. In 2013 defensive tackle Star Lotulelei was diagnosed with a heart condition at the Scouting Combine, and that, by the way, was the exact same heart condition that Hurst has been diagnosed with. A few month later Lotulelei was drafted as the #14 overall pick.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
The writer is Tank Williams, former safety for the Titans, not sure if he is much of a scouting expert.

Has Corey Chavous put out a mock this year yet? His are normally really well though out.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m not that hyped about Darnold or Rosen.
You’re not the only one. There seems to be mixed opinions about both from scouts and analysts. Darnold’s refusal to participate in testing and drills (why even go, you could talk to scouts and GMs at Pro Day) and feedback that Rosen didn’t look as sharp as he should have in passing drills (he looked good in the clips I saw) plus his shoulder and concussion injuries are probably weighing on the minds of GMs.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

His heart condition was in fact discovered at Michigan and he was cleared to play.

Irregular EKG's are nothing new for athletes and are easily controlled.

Ex: Star Lotulelei

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I do a ton of mock draft simulators to pass the time, and honestly I've never come across Michael Gallup, and never seen him anywhere near the first WR taken and a top 10 pick.

Edit: CBS has the guy rated #30 overall and pretty high in the WR rankings, but WalterFootball has him as the #21 WR -- perhaps just not a guy who ever stood out to me during mock draft simulations.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
I liked Goff and Wentz, but Darnold and Rosen remind me of Sanchez and Leinart.

Rosen’s passes are like Brett Hundley’s, the ball just floats in the air.
Darnold guarantees you at least 3 turnovers per game.

Unless their mechanics are fixed NFL defenses will eat them.

But if either of them fall to #15, better than what we have signed now, which is no one.
Strange that you would like Goff, but not either Rosen or Darnold. Rosen is a much more refined passer than Goff was coming out, and his mechanics are already Pro-Level. He also blew away scouts at the combine with his knowledge of offensive and defensive concepts, so he's already a film room junky. And to Darnold, who makes the most ridiculous throws look easy...his natural arm talent is off the charts. If you get him to clean up his turnovers, which is his main negative...you're getting a QB who makes throws that most QB's in the NFL don't make. I personally think Rosen will be a solid starter right out of the gates, and while I see Darnold struggling a little bit at first...I think he'll be pro-bowl potential 2 years down the road. You can't teach the throws that Darnold makes, which is why I think his potential is easily top 10 QB.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen