Mock Draft Fever

stretchthefield

Registered
Reaction score
Been checking out all of your mock drafts and put one together of my own.
I’m going with a trade down in the first to the 6-11th pick range with a second round pick included in the trade down, also going with a 3rd round comp. pick.

1. DE, Will Smith, Ohio State – Speed (Jason Taylor type potential IMO)
2. CB, Dunta Robinson, South Carolina – Speed, good size
2b. WR, Lee Evans, Wisconsin – Speedy like Joey Galloway in his Seahawk days
3. RB, Michael Turner, N. Illinois – possibly the fastest RB in the draft, receiving skills are not as bad as some reports
3b. DT, Isaac Sopoaga, Hawaii – 315 lb DT with some pass rush ability, room to grow even bigger
4. C, A.J. Ricker, Missouri – High energy, great run blocker
5. CB, Marcell Allmond, USC – Speed, kick returner, past WR
6. G/T, Jacob Bell, Miami (Ohio) – Versatile lineman, protected Big Ben in College
7. ILB, Vegas Robinson, Virginia Tech – Quick, strong, leader of Hokies defense

Speed is the common trait with each pick. After the combine it will be interesting to see who stock changes.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even though we lost David Boston, we gained Dexter Jackson, Emmitt Smith, Jefff Blake, and James Hodgins. Based on that, I doubt we'lll get any compensatory picks at all.

Not a bad draft but I still thinnk we'll nab 2 cbs n thhe first 4 picks.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by Skkorpion
Even though we lost David Boston, we gained Dexter Jackson, Emmitt Smith, Jefff Blake, and James Hodgins. Based on that, I doubt we'lll get any compensatory picks at all.

Not a bad draft but I still thinnk we'll nab 2 cbs n thhe first 4 picks.

But you are forgetting that we also lost Jake Plummer (if you can call it a loss).

I bet between those two free agent defecties (is that a word?), that we will get a third round compensatory pick...

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
But you are forgetting that we also lost Jake Plummer (if you can call it a loss).

I bet between those two free agent defecties (is that a word?), that we will get a third round compensatory pick...

oops. You are correct. I had forgotten about Plummer and Frank Sanders.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by Skkorpion
oops. You are correct. I had forgotten about Plummer and Frank Sanders.

Wow...I forgot Frankie!

And I just remembered, we also "lost" Kwamie Lassiter as well.

So, between losing Plummer, Boston, Sanders, and Lassiter we should get a comp. pick.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Nice mock. It would be nice to see us have two seconds and two thirds. I agree that I think we will have a compensatory pick as well. I was thinking a fourth rounder but I hope your right about getting a third round guy.

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Snake

Hey snakester.

Dose Carolina people goin nuts down your way?

I guess if your going to pass on the 2 QB's (or they're gone already) your choice looks like Taylor or a DE.

If you choose DE then you have to ask yourself one question?

Is Will Smith better than Kenechi Udeze?

I'm a Ohio State homer (just check out one of my mocks) but I like Udeze's size/speed ratio and the fact that I love Will Smith but I've seen him pancaked a few times.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Typically third rounders are as high a compensatory pick as you get--

while I think the formula the NFL uses will show a net loss in free agency for the Cardinals, I think a 5th rounder is the best you can hope for.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Re: Snake

Originally posted by BuckeyeCardinal
Hey snakester.

Dose Carolina people goin nuts down your way?

I guess if your going to pass on the 2 QB's (or they're gone already) your choice looks like Taylor or a DE.

If you choose DE then you have to ask yourself one question?

Is Will Smith better than Kenechi Udeze?

I'm a Ohio State homer (just check out one of my mocks) but I like Udeze's size/speed ratio and the fact that I love Will Smith but I've seen him pancaked a few times.

Oh yeah, I'm going to my buddys house for the superbowl party. Everybody will be rooting for the Panthers.

To tell ya the truth, I don't even want to think about not getting Eli or Ben. If I had to choose I would rather see us pick up WR Roy Williams or OT Robert Gallery. I would rather trade down and pick up two first rounders if possible like CB DeAngelo Hall and and either Will Smith or DT Vince Wilfork.

As far as Smith and Udeze they both have potential. Right now i'm not sold on either one. If I had to pick I would be leaning toward Will Smith right now. I don't think either one will be much better than Dennis Johnson. The DEs that I like this year are in later rounds.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson