Losing the lower pick surely sucks.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Given that the CARDS were down to third and fourth on their depth chart what exactly were the GM and Head Coach to do?

Curious minds want to know.
Oh...Im not arguing you can ask players to lose. They are auditioning for jobs on other teams.

But if Monti is happy about this win after the hour of excitement wears off...then hes not a good GM. We went from being in the drivers seat to being a passenger on a greyhound bus.....all for going from 3 wins to 4.

Some people are acting like we just made the playoffs. We went from the 2nd worst record in the entire NFL to tied for the 3rd. I'm just not seeing the reason to celebrate.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Oh...Im not arguing you can ask players to lose. They are auditioning for jobs on other teams.

But if Monti is happy about this win after the hour of excitement wears off...then hes not a good GM. We went from being in the drivers seat to being a passenger on a greyhound bus.....all for going from 3 wins to 4.

Some people are acting like we just made the playoffs. We went from the 2nd worst record in the entire NFL to tied for the 3rd.

I'm just not seeing the reason to celebrate.

Because you're a FAN, not a player, a coach or a GM.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Ok keep avoiding the obvious question I’m asking. Lol
Im telling you I dont understand the question! Are you saying that there were people saying we should have taken Rothlesberger over Fitz? I certainly wasnt one of those people...so Im not sure what you're saying.

Winning that game against the Vikings took us from #2 to #3 overall....and we could have picked Ben at any point but didnt. He was never in the conversation for a top 3 pick...never. Eli and Rivers were head and shoulders better prospects. I genuinely dont understand what you are trying to say.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Because you're a FAN, not a player, a coach or a GM.
And Im tired of being a fan that celebrates 4 wins! You seem to love it, but I would rather us actually improve and expect the Cardinals to not be an embarrassment year in and year out?? Is that wrong?

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Why would they give up an opportunity to cash in on the #1 pick if they are not taking a QB?
MHJ is the best prospect in the last several drafts...and you put him with Moore and they immediately have one of the best WR rooms in the NFL.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im telling you I dont understand the question! Are you saying that there were people saying we should have taken Rothlesberger over Fitz? I certainly wasnt one of those people...so Im not sure what you're saying.

Winning that game against the Vikings took us from #2 to #3 overall....and we could have picked Ben at any point but didnt. He was never in the conversation for a top 3 pick...never. Eli and Rivers were head and shoulders better prospects. I genuinely dont understand what you are trying to say.
I clearly said In my earlier post that many people believed we should have taken Ben “in hindsight” so I’m asking you the same question. Or would you have stuck with Fitz at 3 even though he essentially brought nothing to this organization as far as sustained success is concerned.

The point I’m trying to make is regardless of possible losing MHJ we have no clue who we’re gonna end up with or their long term impact on the organization.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
So again you would rather the Cards lost against minny all those year ago and not taken Fitz? Instead grabbed Eli?

An awful lot of handwringing for a future none of you can see exactly how it’s gonna shake out?
Were you a fan in 2004? Are you under the impression that Eli would have refused to sign with San Diego...but WOULD have signed with us? We had no shot at Eli even if we got the #1 pick.

We were picking Fitz if he was available to us...that is not even a question. Denny would have picked him #1.

The only question would have been could we have gotten the #1 pick and then made a trade down like the Chargers did and STILL have gotten Fitz....sure I would take that all day...but there was no way we were taking any other player, or trading down if it meant we would have missed on Fitz.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And Im tired of being a fan that celebrates 4 wins! You seem to love it, but I would rather us actually improve and expect the Cardinals to not be an embarrassment year in and year out?? Is that wrong?

And that can done starting with two picks in the first round and seven in the first 104 or so.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I wouldn't draft Daniels with a 10 foot pole
I think this forum will have some bias towards JD that doesn't exist nationally. But I probably agree with you slightly. lol
They have something working in Chicago. Don’t be surprised if they take Harrison #1 overall and then take the OT with the 2nd 1st round pick.
If they want MHJ over Caleb:

1. I will think they are nuts. Fields may get them the #10 pick from LV IMO.
2. They will trade back to 2, 3, or 4.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
I clearly said In my earlier post that many people believed we should have taken Ben “in hindsight” so I’m asking you the same question. Or would you have stuck with Fitz at 3 even though he essentially brought nothing to this organization as far as sustained success is concerned.

The point I’m trying to make is regardless of possible losing MHJ we have no clue who we’re gonna end up with or their long term impact on the organization.
Maybe some people thought that After Ben won 2 superbowls...but those people are slow adults. Ben's team went 15-1 his rookie year...and it wasnt because of him. He is also a rapist.

No, I would not have taken Rothlesberger over Fitz in any scenario, then or now.

Would you?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Thinking about what Chicago has.....

Can you imagine leaving the draft with: Caleb Williams (#1), Nabers, Alt, or Odunze (#8)..... and then either Latu or Turner at #'s 10 or 11 (projecting Fields to either Atlanta or LV at 10 or 11)? Oooof... that's nice.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
And that can done starting with two picks in the first round and seven in the first 104 or so.
When we are considering paying Hollywood Brown as our #1 WR in the offseason because we lost out on MHJ and can't get a decent FA to sign with us....There wasnt a bigger need/fit than MHJ to the Cardinals. A #1 WR is arguably our biggest need, and there hasnt been a WR prospect this good since Calvin Johnson.

Now its completely out of our control. Maybe we will still end up with MHJ, but I doubt it. If we even consider another WR at #4 then Monti should be fired.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
so:

1. we want NE to beat the Jets next week. That would give the Pats 5 wins.

2. Ironically, by beating Philly, the Cards gave Dallas a reason to play next week -- vs 4-win Washington.

3. If SEA and MIN both win today, then:

SEA will have something to play for next week. A MIN loss and a SEA win today sure looks to me like it puts SEA into the playoffs

Texans pick:

We really want Indy to beat the Texans next week.

That keeps the Texans out of the playoffs and drafting no higher than 18

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Thinking about what Chicago has.....

Can you imagine leaving the draft with: Caleb Williams, Nabers, Alt, or Odunze..... and then either Latu or Turner at 10 or 11 (projecting Fields to either Atlanta or LV at 10 or 11)? Oooof... that's nice.
More likely Williams @1, Alt or the PSU Tackle at #5, and Nabers @ 10.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe some people thought that After Ben won 2 superbowls...but those people are slow adults. Ben's team went 15-1 his rookie year...and it wasnt because of him. He is also a rapist.

No, I would not have taken Rothlesberger over Fitz in any scenario, then or now.

Would you?
Yes. His career success at the QB position imo far more valuable to a franchise than what Fitz brought to the table long term. I say that knowing Fitz was amazing and incredible HOF player for this team.