Liverpool FC

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Good job v. Chelsea yesterday, Liverpool U12 squad.

Haha, Chelsea. Potch is so Spursy. Klopp was conceding that match.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

What a fun win - so much more heart on one side than the other. Already sick at losing Klopp - he's a force of nature.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't keep myself from posting this: I hope that Van Djik header means they keep VVD around for 10 more years. :)
Go Gooners.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I can't keep myself from posting this: I hope that Van Djik header means they keep VVD around for 10 more years. :)
Go Gooners.
You must be registered for see images attach

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
VVD is not exactly the same player he was 3 years ago.

You must be registered for see images attach
Ha, he may not be at his absolute peak, but he's still one of the top CB's in the world and an incredible leader. I hope he sticks around for the post Klopp transition. Maybe not 10 years, but at least another 3.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha, he may not be at his absolute peak, but he's still one of the top CB's in the world and an incredible leader. I hope he sticks around for the post Klopp transition. Maybe not 10 years, but at least another 3.
Not anymore. Too slow. But yes please do Liverpool keep him around.

Question: who is Liverpool's best back 4?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Not anymore. Too slow. But yes please do Liverpool keep him around.
Ok, we will!
Question: who is Liverpool's best back 4?
Tough question to answer - best 4 defensively? Best 4 including offensive contributions? At the beginning of the season, Klopp was running out Trent/Matip/VVD/Robbo, but I think the top 4 should be Bradley/Konate/VVD/Robbo, with Trent in the midfield. It'll be interesting to see what happens moving forward...lots of depth at fullback, less at CB.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, we will!

Tough question to answer - best 4 defensively? Best 4 including offensive contributions? At the beginning of the season, Klopp was running out Trent/Matip/VVD/Robbo, but I think the top 4 should be Bradley/Konate/VVD/Robbo, with Trent in the midfield. It'll be interesting to see what happens moving forward...lots of depth at fullback, less at CB.
Yes, Trent is more of a midfielder to me.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I heard the announcer say that VDD was likely going to follow Klopp out the door at the end of the year after his comment last month. i haven't really heard anything.

I sure hope he stays for another 2-3 years.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I heard the announcer say that VDD was likely going to follow Klopp out the door at the end of the year after his comment last month. i haven't really heard anything.

I sure hope he stays for another 2-3 years.
Yeah, I was surprised to hear that as well. Could just be speculative. Even if he's not the best of the best still, he's still an incredibly effective CB and his leadership would seem to help bridge the gap between eras.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was surprised to hear that as well. Could just be speculative. Even if he's not the best of the best still, he's still an incredibly effective CB and his leadership would seem to help bridge the gap between eras.
There's still no CB I'd take over him at the moment.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations, LFC, on the "most important championship ever" with Klopp!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Tell me again how the refs don't bend over backwards to gift Liverpool every chance they get. Disgusting, watching Premier League mornings. Stole the ball from Forest, dropped the ball in the box right to the Liverpool keeper instead of to Forest who were in clear possession outside the box. Leads directly to the winning goal in the 99th minute. Freaking crazy, man. No excuse for this one. None.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tell me again how the refs don't bend over backwards to gift Liverpool every chance they get. Disgusting, watching Premier League mornings. Stole the ball from Forest, dropped the ball in the box right to the Liverpool keeper instead of to Forest who were in clear possession outside the box. Leads directly to the winning goal in the 99th minute. Freaking crazy, man. No excuse for this one. None.
I didn't know about any of this. I initially thought Forest was at fault for time wasting but geez

Stout

Reaction score
I didn't know about any of this. I initially thought Forest was at fault for time wasting but geez
I didn't either. I rolled my eyes reading "Liverpool winner in the 99th minute" but didn't think much else about it. How a ref can move the ball like 25 yards and give it to the wrong team on a dropped ball is just beyond me. Folks say "yeah, but it was the opposite end of the field and Forrest should have done better," but, bottom line, Liverpool don't even have the time for the chance if the ref doesn't cheat Forrest. The ref gifted 2 points to Liverpool.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't either. I rolled my eyes reading "Liverpool winner in the 99th minute" but didn't think much else about it. How a ref can move the ball like 25 yards and give it to the wrong team on a dropped ball is just beyond me. Folks say "yeah, but it was the opposite end of the field and Forrest should have done better," but, bottom line, Liverpool don't even have the time for the chance if the ref doesn't cheat Forrest. The ref gifted 2 points to Liverpool.
I am sure Klopp was having a calm polite conversation with the officials in a totally appropriate manner the entire match

#gogooners

Stout

Reaction score
You can at least admit when it happens, as it happens a lot (with many teams). Wolves were cheated out of 2 points earlier in the season when the ref gifted Newcastle a penalty that never was. Really bad decisions happen. They seem to happen FOR Liverpool a lot, true, but most teams get some their way that affect games.

Tell me how what happened v Forrest was fair to them? Please, do elaborate.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can at least admit when it happens, as it happens a lot (with many teams). Wolves were cheated out of 2 points earlier in the season when the ref gifted Newcastle a penalty that never was. Really bad decisions happen. They seem to happen FOR Liverpool a lot, true, but most teams get some their way that affect games.

Tell me how what happened v Forrest was fair to them? Please, do elaborate.
Klopp Fairwell Tour! he hAs erned iT!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do think that bigger teams have the players to not have to time waste and park the bus so if the bigger teams are the ones who can play for the win, it will look like they benefit from refs giving “one last attack”

If that makes sense