Liverpool FC

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
You can at least admit when it happens, as it happens a lot (with many teams). Wolves were cheated out of 2 points earlier in the season when the ref gifted Newcastle a penalty that never was. Really bad decisions happen. They seem to happen FOR Liverpool a lot, true, but most teams get some their way that affect games.

Tell me how what happened v Forrest was fair to them? Please, do elaborate.
I originally laughed because I genuinely thought you were kidding.

Unfair would have been for a joke penalty to be awarded or something of that nature. Forrest was time wasting, and it happened less than a minute after the 8 allotted. There isn't some grand conspiracy here.

"They seem to happen for Liverpool a lot" - what do you mean? Unfair ref decisions? Are you seriously going to act like the Tottenham and Arsenal BS didn't happen?

Even Mulli would agree that Liverpool should have gotten a penalty when Odegaard touched the ball in the box earlier this year.

Do we need to get into the fact that Liverpool have played double the early starts of the second-placed Tottenham (six). City will join Chelsea on five games, with Arsenal, Everton and Manchester United playing four times each?

To try and argue that Liverpool has some advantage or is been coddled by the officials is laughably silly.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Haha. Only if you agree that Klopp celebrates and complains and yells at refs as much or more than Arteta!! And maybe not even then!!
I need some solid assurances here pal. No maybes!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I originally laughed because I genuinely thought you were kidding.

Unfair would have been for a joke penalty to be awarded or something of that nature. Forrest was time wasting, and it happened less than a minute after the 8 allotted. There isn't some grand conspiracy here.

"They seem to happen for Liverpool a lot" - what do you mean? Unfair ref decisions? Are you seriously going to act like the Tottenham and Arsenal BS didn't happen?

Even Mulli would agree that Liverpool should have gotten a penalty when Odegaard touched the ball in the box earlier this year.

Do we need to get into the fact that Liverpool have played double the early starts of the second-placed Tottenham (six). City will join Chelsea on five games, with Arsenal, Everton and Manchester United playing four times each?

To try and argue that Liverpool has some advantage or is been coddled by the officials is laughably silly.
Gotcha. They only happen against Liverpool, never for them. And you still haven't addressed the actual incident which the ref bungled badly and that allowed time for the goal anyway.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Gotcha. They only happen against Liverpool, never for them. And you still haven't addressed the actual incident which the ref bungled badly and that allowed time for the goal anyway.
That's not what I said. You're trying to create a narrative that Liverpool has been a constant beneficiary of decisions by the officials. They clearly have not. There were a MINIMUM of 8 minutes added, the corner was awarded right at the start of the 98th minute, Forrest was time wasting prior to the corner in extra time, and Forrest failed to clear the corner. Pure crying over spilled milk to think there was some sort of conspiracy to get Liverpool a goal.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's not what I said. You're trying to create a narrative that Liverpool has been a constant beneficiary of decisions by the officials. They clearly have not. There were a MINIMUM of 8 minutes added, the corner was awarded right at the start of the 98th minute, Forrest was time wasting prior to the corner in extra time, and Forrest failed to clear the corner. Pure crying over spilled milk to think there was some sort of conspiracy to get Liverpool a goal.
During the part of the match I listened to a Forest player started to limp off the pitch then fell down because he couldn't make it. Not time wasting at all.

Stout

Reaction score
You clearly don't know the incident in question. In Liverpool's end, there was a head injury in the Liverpool box. Forrest were in clear possession about 15 yards outside the box when the whistle was blown. So, after the injury cleared up, Forrest would get a drop ball in a good spot and there would never be a chance for any of what you spoke of to happen. Instead, the ref, for whatever reason, dropped the ball in the box directly to the Liverpool keeper, who was then allowed to drive the ball to the other end of the pitch. Clearly wrong and clearly advantageous to the winning side.

Yinz did get hosed on that one godawful call earlier this season, as I recall, but you would need a mountain of bad calls against you to even it all out. I imagine it's roughly similar across the septic six. I can name you several just that went against Newcastle, and every time I glance about I see insane extra time winners or equalizers from yinz. I swear they'd wait until the 120th minute to allow yinz a chance lol

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Yinz did get hosed on that one godawful call earlier this season, as I recall, but you would need a mountain of bad calls against you to even it all out.
I just named two - one a disallowed goal that could have changed the game, and the other a missed penalty that could have changed the Arsenal game. Your argument is about a very small amount of extra time where Liverpool scored a goal. We're going to have to agree to disagree here.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, Klopp is retiring and everyone loves him
I just named two - one a disallowed goal that could have changed the game, and the other a missed penalty that could have changed the Arsenal game. Your argument is about a very small amount of extra time where Liverpool scored a goal. We're going to have to agree to disagree here.
even if whatever it is you are talking about in the Arsenal match happened, Arsenal still crushes them

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Again, Klopp is retiring and everyone loves him

even if whatever it is you are talking about in the Arsenal match happened, Arsenal still crushes them
If you say so.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tell me again how the refs don't bend over backwards to gift Liverpool every chance they get. Disgusting, watching Premier League mornings. Stole the ball from Forest, dropped the ball in the box right to the Liverpool keeper instead of to Forest who were in clear possession outside the box. Leads directly to the winning goal in the 99th minute. Freaking crazy, man. No excuse for this one. None.
I'm not even sure what you are talking about.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Stout is upset about the ref giving possession away at the end of the game to the wrong team. It isn't a good look, but it is far from some conspiracy.

If there was some huge conspiracy and the refs, how were Liverpool on the wrong side of the biggest ref/VAR controversy of the entire Premier League era earlier this season? The two don't jive.

Stout

Reaction score
No, my facts were about a missed call that directly affected the game. We are definitely going to have to agree to disagree because, by your standard, Liverfool never gets calls that go their way unfairly lol

Stout

Reaction score
I'm not even sure what you are talking about.
They covered it for about 10 minutes on PL mornings. Go check out a Forrest message board and I'm sure you can find footage. The extra time of course gave me an eye roll. I think it's a big (septic) six thing; other teams usually don't get so much extra time.

Stout

Reaction score
So Stout is upset about the ref giving possession away at the end of the game to the wrong team. It isn't a good look, but it is far from some conspiracy.

If there was some huge conspiracy and the refs, how were Liverpool on the wrong side of the biggest ref/VAR controversy of the entire Premier League era earlier this season? The two don't jive.
Eh, bad reffing and a septic six bias, I would say. I don't think it's match fixing. Although with the quality of refereeing overall...lol

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Septic 6? I hope you aren't referring to the quality of the football played compared to the rest of the table? :)

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They covered it for about 10 minutes on PL mornings. Go check out a Forrest message board and I'm sure you can find footage. The extra time of course gave me an eye roll. I think it's a big (septic) six thing; other teams usually don't get so much extra time.
Are you saying that the big 6 teams get more extra time than the other teams? If so, you'll want to back that up with actual data.

Stout

Reaction score
Are you saying that the big 6 teams get more extra time than the other teams? If so, you'll want to back that up with actual data.
Not overall, but they are more likely to get it, I would say. No data to back it up, just opinion. Not just the big 6 but big European clubs too. They had to put 8+ extra minutes on and call an obvious non-penalty a penalty to get a draw for PSG against Newcastle. When teams time waste against Newcastle, they don't tend to get 8+ minutes of extra time. I can really only comment on Newcastle not getting the extra time for opponent's time wasting, as they're who I mostly watch. Heck, they gifted Liverpool that way against Newcastle more than once.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not overall, but they are more likely to get it, I would say. No data to back it up, just opinion. Not just the big 6 but big European clubs too. They had to put 8+ extra minutes on and call an obvious non-penalty a penalty to get a draw for PSG against Newcastle. When teams time waste against Newcastle, they don't tend to get 8+ minutes of extra time. I can really only comment on Newcastle not getting the extra time for opponent's time wasting, as they're who I mostly watch. Heck, they gifted Liverpool that way against Newcastle more than once.
If the time added on were only for time wasting, it would only be a couple of minutes. You also have to factor in the injuries (which happened in the New/Liv game) as well as as many as 10 substitutions.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson