Kyrie

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be super pissed if we paid anything close to this for Kyrie. Gordon Heyward, Kyrie, Jason Tatum, and Al Horford.

That lineup might get smoked by the Wizards

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Cleveland should trade Brooklyn pick, love, and IT for Westbrook and George.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Cleveland should trade Brooklyn pick, love, and IT for Westbrook and George.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Boston won the trade. Let's be honest Crowder is a role player, Irving is head and shoulders better than IT

That pick is a gamble it's a great pick but it's always a gamble

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How did CLE not end up with Tatum or Brown when they were insistent on us including Jackson in a potential deal?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
They'll get one of Bagley, Ayton, Bamba, or Porter. That's big time.

Or trade it along with other assets for AD if Lebron agrees to re-sign and the Pelicans underachieve again.

They have options now after everyone said they had zero leverage for the last month.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Or trade it along with other assets for AD if Lebron agrees to re-sign and the Pelicans underachieve again.

They have options now after everyone said they had zero leverage for the last month.
They had 0 leverage...up until Ainge gifted them a kings ransom.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Never thought Cavs would be able to pull off a deal like that, especially vs Danny Ainge. Without the Bkn unprotected pick it would a pretty fair trade, in most people's opinion. I get that Danny didn't want to pay IT but he only put it off one more year - and then Kyrie will demand more than IT. I wouldn't have made the trade, personally, as I wouldn't want Kyrie on my team.

It's going to fun watching Clev and Boston going at each other all season - playoff atmosphere for every game.

I'm a bit surprised Cleveland didn't try to get another guard in the deal as they are going to need a backup PG for IT. I wonder what they'd offer for Bledsoe, though I imagine neither he nor IT want to play together again. Not that they clashed that much that I recall but it had to have been stressful. Put him on that team and they might give GSW a good run for their money.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I am glad to see Ainge make this trade - Boston is one of my most hated teams, behind only the Lakers. So good to see them get taken to the woodshed on a trade like this after all of the heists they have pulled over the years. They wilk likely regret this in a big way after the Brooklyn pick comes up huge next year, and moreso if Irving walks in two years, which I would not discount. Both of those developments couldn't happen to a more deserving franchise.

This could be a really big win for Cleveland if they get Lebron to stay on, then add Bagley or someone equivalent in next year's draft. I still suspect Lebron leaves, but at least the future after that won't be totally dim for them after he does.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A good trade by the Cavaliers. I thought they got more than I anticipated for Irving.

The Celtics fear of paying IT seemed to be the driver in this trade.

Maybe the Cavaliers even have a chance to keep Lebron now.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would think that any Suns deal, not including Jackson or Booker, would STILL be better. Interesting.
Its about that Nets pick.

If its just who got the best assets out of the deal, that's hard to say. Picks are always a gamble. The real test of a trade is what your team looks like when its done.

Boston was a gimmick team with IT. They are more legit with Kyrie. He is a normal sized pg. There is also a good chance he will stay in Boston. They have a good coach and Boston is a place where you can build your own legend, especially when you are the best player on the team.

Not sure how IT and LeBron look together. I can see that going south fast.

We could have had Kyrie if we had really wanted him. I trust our front office to have evaluated him appropriately. James Jones played with him enough to know. Glad we did not give up Jackson.

Moving on.

Last edited:

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Its about that Nets pick.

If its just who got the best assets out of the deal, that's hard to say. Picks are always a gamble. The real test of a trade is what your team looks like when its done.

Boston was a gimmick team with IT. They are more legit with Kyrie. He is a normal sized pg. There is also a good chance he will stay in Boston. They have a good coach and Boston is a place where you can build your own legend, especially when you are the best player on the team.

Not sure how IT and LeBron look together. I can see that going south fast.

We could have had Kyrie if we had really wanted him. I trust our front office to have evaluated him appropriately. James Jones played with him enough to know. Glad we did not give up Jackson.

Moving on.

Yeah, I really like IT but I can't see him elevating the Cavs. Bledsoe would have been a MUCH better fit IMO. Plus the fact that he and Lebron are "boys" helps.

As far as my comment, I was factoring the Suns giving up their pick as well. Basically anything aside from Booker and Jackson.

I'm glad they didn't, though.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised Cleveland didn't try to get another guard in the deal as they are going to need a backup PG for IT. I wonder what they'd offer for Bledsoe, though I imagine neither he nor IT want to play together again. Not that they clashed that much that I recall but it had to have been stressful. Put him on that team and they might give GSW a good run for their money.
The Cavs picked up Rose this offseason.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Warriors are not dumb.
Even if Kyrie is the better player, which he might be, the Warriors have perfectly fitting pieces. You don't want to mess that up.

Its easy to get distracted by winning trades rather than building a team.

Ainge is thinking about a team too. He has put together a "big three" of Kyrie, Hayward, and Horford. That trio is a pg, wing and big with a nice mix of offense and defense.

Then he also has Tatum and Brown. And he has an unprotected Laker pick to get into the top 5 next summer.

Last edited:

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I love Celtics losing trade assets, they had more than Phx. Now when a Porzangis etc, Trade talks pop up again they will all be linked to the Suns, as there trade assets look alot sweeter with the Celtics taking a hit in theirs.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm surprised the Celtics didn't trade the Lakers pick instead of the Brooklyn pick, the Lakers should be better than Brooklyn next year, or they could have offered the lesser of the 2 picks. That would have guaranteed Cleveland a lottery pick but the chances of it being #1 overall would be out the window.

Still surprised by how much Boston gave up. The longer things were stretched out in Cleveland though the less likely the Cavs were going to get their asking price but they got more than that, really. They were asking for a starting caliber player, a rookie or young prospect on a rookie contract, and a 1st round pick. They got that plus Jae Crowder. IT is probably the best PG they could have gotten also, he's a top 5 PG in the league right now and I think some would say he's better than Irving is right now, when contracts and age aren't factored in.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
kind of secretly glad the suns did't get kyrie. I hope they have a good plan (Which it seems like they are showing signs of) and see how these guys on the team pan out. Then I think you have options to adjust the team accordingly. We've addressed many positions with young talent, so hopefully there's significant progress this year with the increased playing time.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I really thought Boston was going to draft Fultz and trade it. Instead they get Kyrie and draft Tatum. And
Boston still has assets.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison