Beal at PG

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
been driving me crazy all season Vogel hasnt tried beal at PG. Book slows it down way too much with too much dribbling. When Beal is at PG he plays downhill, the ball pops, he doesnt hold onto it, he has more speed to deal with opposing point guards, and it keeps him more engaged in the offense..

Perhaps most importantly it allows Book to slide back to his regular position

Overall, the Suns arent close to being a top 3 team and this is the only lever left to pull that can make enough of a difference

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
True. But tonight he had 7 turnovers. Can’t win games when we lose the turnover battle 21-5 resulting in 10 less shots than the competition. We literally just give it away and give away and give it away.

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
The Sun's turnovers are just killing them,,,like watching a prison inmate being seated in the electric chair. At times, its almost like watching play-ground basketball. Can't expect a W when throwing the ball away so often.
At least the FT % improved some last night.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
One reason Saben got court time is that he drives with force and causes adjustments of D and thus creates some space. Beal is better at that. With KD unable to generate aggregate positive outcome out of his ISOs, Beal's offers a great complementary approach to attack the D.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Beal is going to get his longest chance yet at running PG for the team with Booker out.

He's been cooking just like he was in DC, you think this would translate to wins considering he has a better cast around him than he ever did in DC. Most of this falls on coaching/gameplan.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ok then were done.
BEAL IS NOT A PG. Grayson is the closest we will get to a PG and he's wide open ASS.
We don't just need a guy playing PG we need the real deal.
It's so blaringly obvious! I'm getting old and don't have time for this poo.
I'm gonna die before this team gets it head out of its ass.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Ok then were done.
BEAL IS NOT A PG. Grayson is the closest we will get to a PG and he's wide open ASS.
I'd work on your health if I were you. ;)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok then were done.
Beal isn't a PG, neither is Booker. But that's the situation we chose to be in, I don't see it changing until next season and even then, it will probably just be a slight upgrade to Saban.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson