Kyrie

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does replacing IT with Kyrie really make Boston better? I can understand being leery of paying IT the max but a swap between those 2 would need to involve more than just Crowder to get it to work. The Celtics would need to include Smart, Marcus Morris, Tatum, or Brown. That seems like way too much to give up and they wouldn't be able to get anything else back, except picks.

Try and get the trade to work with the Trade Machine
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=y9dtqawo

Maybe in the long term it makes Boston better but I wouldn't do that trade if I were them, considering what else needs to be included to make it work.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Cleveland are idiots. There are reports that they are demanding Jayson Tatum along with IT for a Kyrie deal.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hopefully it gets done soon, so i dont have to worry about suns doing something dumb and trading jackson.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I would think that any Suns deal, not including Jackson or Booker, would STILL be better. Interesting.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They gave up 2018 bkn pick, top 5 next years draft is loaded. Ainge is an idiot, celtics fans are pissed.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would think that any Suns deal, not including Jackson or Booker, would STILL be better. Interesting.

Are you joking? Cleveland gets someone who finished in the top 5 in MVP voting last year in IT, get a top 5 lottery pick (Brooklyn pick), a young Center with high upside, and a solid 3 & D rotation player in Jae Crowder all for Irving. They also shed some money from their payroll this year.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
IT's hip must be OK. I think it is good for both teams. Having to pay IT the max would be dumb IMO.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ainge got had, if the trade didn't involved the Brooklyn pick it would have been fair, Cleveland would have won it probably but with that pick included it's clear that Cleveland won that trade hands down.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Are you joking? Cleveland gets someone who finished in the top 5 in MVP voting last year in IT, get a top 5 lottery pick (Brooklyn pick), a young Center with high upside, and a solid 3 & D rotation player in Jae Crowder all for Irving. They also shed some money from their payroll this year.

I'm guessing Phoenix didn't want to include their first. (Which is on par with Brooklyn's.) Crowder is a fine player. Better than Warren / Chriss / Bender. Probably better than any combination of the two.

Perhaps I am just undervaluing Thomas and overvaluing Beldsoe. Although now Cleveland is going to be stuck paying him the max which is questionable IMO.

Maybe they just blow it up and let Lebron + Thomas walk.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cleveland don't want IT there probably not going to extend him make no mistake they wanted that number 1 pick

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Cleveland don't want IT there probably not going to extend him make no mistake they wanted that number 1 pick

Yeah, I think this deal is done 3 weeks ago if it was Bledsoe, Warren, Chriss, unprotected #1. Something along those lines.

Boston is insane BTW. I would have said the same if the Suns did something similar. Glad they didn't.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The opening night game should be really good now, with Boston going to Cleveland on October 16th. Kyrie will have a chip on his shoulder and might be determined enough to help Boston get past Cleveland, although IT will have a similar chip. Should make the East playoffs better.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a wretched summer for Ainge. He got schooled on Jackson and now he gets schooled by Cleveland.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Really good trade for Cleveland. Usually it's hard to get full price for a star who wants out, but instead they actually managed to improve their roster. Crowder is the kind of player who should flourish playing with James.