Kyrie

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Surprised this hasn't been posted yet. Word at the barber shop is Kyrie has interest in Suns and Twolves which are believed to be the teams with the best assets to do so.

Word is also that Bledsoe is buddies with LeBron and has been working out with him in Vegas the past couple weeks. Apprently the Suns have said they will not include Josh Jackson in any deal which is good.

There was another rumor of a three way with Ny which seems to be Kyries preference. It was something to the affect of Suns move Bledsoe, Chandler, and Warren and end up with Ntikila (8th pick in draft) Shumpert and a 1st rounder.

As much as I love Kyrie I am not in favor, trust the process. I think hes purely one of the best iso guys we have ever seen and nothing more. He would be a bad fit with Book, the ball would stop too much.

I would however jump at the NY deal above. It works out perfectly to remove the log jam at SF and clear way for Jackson to start and Bender to see some minutes there. Its also a perfecr scenario to see Ntikila and Ullis battle it out for PGOF with Knight injured. Oh and throw a first rounder in there.

Errntknght

Reaction score
We have heard most of this before, though I think the NY deal was somewhat different but Ntikila was part of it, as I recall. About all I've heard of him was that he's supposed to be a good defender - if that's so I'm in favor of it. Shempert is supposed to be a fair defender, too. I really want Ulis to be the PG this year but we will need a backup and if Ntikila beats him out eventually, that's all to the good. Moving Chandler may be a sticking point but I'm in favor of it. I'd kind of like to see how Len performs without Tyson looming over him, figuratively speaking - and it's looking like Len will be here. More playing time for Big Sauce is good, too.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Surprised this hasn't been posted yet. Word at the barber shop is Kyrie has interest in Suns and Twolves which are believed to be the teams with the best assets to do so.

Word is also that Bledsoe is buddies with LeBron and has been working out with him in Vegas the past couple weeks. Apprently the Suns have said they will not include Josh Jackson in any deal which is good.

There was another rumor of a three way with Ny which seems to be Kyries preference. It was something to the affect of Suns move Bledsoe, Chandler, and Warren and end up with Ntikila (8th pick in draft) Shumpert and a 1st rounder.

As much as I love Kyrie I am not in favor, trust the process. I think hes purely one of the best iso guys we have ever seen and nothing more. He would be a bad fit with Book, the ball would stop too much.

I would however jump at the NY deal above. It works out perfectly to remove the log jam at SF and clear way for Jackson to start and Bender to see some minutes there. Its also a perfecr scenario to see Ntikila and Ullis battle it out for PGOF with Knight injured. Oh and throw a first rounder in there.

There's like 10 pages in the around the league thread on this.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That's a slightly different three way ny trade than we've been seeing.

Okay losing Bledsoe, warren and chandler.

Like concept of nklitinka but know little about him. Good age for our crew. Shump is salary throw in. And getting another 1st never hurt.

Would like make us bad again next year but that's okay with it being projected as another great draft.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Unless the Suns do not want to pay Warren, I dislike this version of the trade. Frank Ntilikina is unproven. I do not want to give up two good pieces in Bledsoe and Warren for essentially an unproven PG and a draft pick. Warren can still be a very good player.

What the Suns gain may be better than Ntilikina and a draft pick. They would lose Chandler's salary for next season and possibly Shumpert. This could put the Suns in even better position going into 2018 free agency.

However, I dislike giving the Knicks a get-well party. There must be better options out there.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm kinda on the fence on this. Ntilikina 'could' be our PG of the future. Getting another first rounder is always nice although we are pushing maximum capacity in our youth movement. Freeing up salary is nice too but we haven't been a FA destination in quite some time. This move would make us tank again which would help our next draft...plus having the Miami pick and newly aquired NY pick could help us move even higher in the next draft. I dunno though...I like Warren even though he is a bit one dimensional. Warren and Jackson is a nice combo to have too IMO. Plus Bledsoe could be on his way out in two years...

If I knew Bledsoe would stay I'd have to say no to this trade but I don't think Bled wants to stay his entire career and never smell the playoffs. This trade is doable in my mind but perhaps Mainstreet is right that we can do better. How much better is debatable.

How is that for sitting on the fence?? :Dold

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have no confidence in an unproven Euro pg who has not played one minute of NBA ball (Frank).

I think Kyrie is fantastic, can score at will, and will make a Harden like transition. In Cleveland, the ball is in LeBron's hands alot.

However, I am not all that confident that Watson is the coach to handle a player like Kyrie. There is not enough structure and discipline. Kyrie needs a coach who can convince Kyrie to sacrifice himself for the system. We do not even have a system to sacrifrice for. Pop would turn Kyrie into an incredibly productive player.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe another way to look at it (leaving the financial part out of the equation) would the Suns trade Bledsoe straight-up for Ntilikina and Warren for a first round draft pick.

This does not sound equatable to me unless the Suns want to do a salary dump (including Chandler). There is no guarantee Ntilikina and a first round pick is going to be anywhere as good as Bledsoe and Warren.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe it is about 85% likely that we either trade for Kyrie or the third team in a trade with Kyrie.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe another way to look at it (leaving the financial part out of the equation) would the Suns trade Bledsoe straight-up for Ntilikina and Warren for a first round draft pick.

This does not sound equatable to me unless the Suns want to do a salary dump (including Chandler). There is no guarantee Ntilikina and a first round pick is going to be anywhere as good as Bledsoe and Warren.
Totally agree.

OP
OP
N

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There's like 10 pages in the around the league thread on this.

Oh okay, ill find that when i find that needle in the haystack. Those 100+ page threads people use on this board is baffling to me. Cards board doesnt do that.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh okay, ill find that when i find that needle in the haystack. Those 100+ page threads people use on this board is baffling to me. Cards board doesnt do that.

The "Around the NBA Forum" is away to talk about players and teams that are not related to the Suns without putting it in the "Other NBA Talk" sub-forum at the top of the page which is seldom used. This is why you see this thread stuffed with material like the Kyrie trade proposal.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
I believe it is about 85% likely that we either trade for Kyrie or the third team in a trade with Kyrie.

I think we have to be involved. We have too many available assets. Additionally, if LeBron wants Bledsoe, I think he gets him.

Glad the Suns seem to be drawing a line on what they will offer, and not overbidding.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't hate it except for us including our own top-5 2018 first rounder.

And both Miami picks. We are giving up 3 first rounders and 4 starters. (Chandler, Chriss, Warren, and Bledsoe) to get Porzingis and Irving.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
For a lineup that starts Irving, Booker, Jackson, Porzingis, and a PF. That's pretty likeable.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And both Miami picks. We are giving up 3 first rounders and 4 starters. (Chandler, Chriss, Warren, and Bledsoe) to get Porzingis and Irving.
For a lineup that starts Irving, Booker, Jackson, Porzingis, and a PF. That's pretty likeable.
We don't get Irving in the deal, he goes to NY, basically giving all that up for Porzingis.

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Heads up on zinger - no white guy taller than 7'1" has ever played more than 9 solid years in the league - that was Rik smits.

Kareem and Mutombo had long careers but other than that there's not a whole lot of history of very tall players playing for a long time, so it's for this reason I'd probably say no ... unless someone can convince me managing player health is so much better these days but I'm not sure it necessarily applies to guys this size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson