Kyler Murray Contract Extended

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There is no excuse for a QB compounding one mistake by making another. There may be a few situations where a QB would choose to throw a pick six over taking a safety, but this for sure wasn’t one of them. Kyler panicked and hurt his team in the biggest game in his career. He needs to be better.
He panicked??? He had NO time to panic. Go back & watch the play my friend. All he could do was try to either throw to someone in the flat in a nanosecond or throw it out of bounds beyond the LOS to avoid a safety. To be critical of Murray in that nanosecond situation is absolutely ridiculous. You’ve shown your hand.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
You were fine until you added Jackson. Sorry, but he’s been exposed & throws like my wife. We had no shot at drafting the other 4, so why bring them into the discussion. They all look great, including Murray. I’ll hold off on Burrow, until he puts consecutive great seasons together. And his WR group was 3x better than what Murray had to throw to once Hop went down. Murray’s first 2 seasons were better than Allen’s, so Allen gets the nod based on an insane 3rd year. And just to be fair, Allen‘s completion % dropped down considerably last year. Let’s see how he does without Daboll this year before we crown him. I like Herbert too, but it’s not like we passed on him to draft Murray.
Lamar has a 37-12 record. 2 pro bowls. One 1st team All Pro. Has been to 3 more playoff games and actually won one. Also he has won his division. He has accomplished significantly more than Kyler so far in his career.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He panicked??? He had NO time to panic. Go back & watch the play my friend. All he could do was try to either throw to someone in the flat in a nanosecond or throw it out of bounds beyond the LOS to avoid a safety. To be critical of Murray in that nanosecond situation is absolutely ridiculous. You’ve shown your hand.
Protecting the football is a primary mandate of a QB. Not giving up points is another. Kyler either panicked or even worse, made a conscious decision to put the ball at risk when his team was already behind. Both are bad but if he made the decision to flop that ball out there it is even worse. No QB looks at that play and states it was a good decision.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lamar has a 37-12 record. 2 pro bowls. One 1st team All Pro. Has been to 3 more playoff games and actually won one. Also he has won his division. He has accomplished significantly more than Kyler so far in his career.
And for all the “Well, he’s on the Ravens and they carry him” argument… that team sucked golf balls through garden hoses his rookie season before Lamar got in and singlehandedly turned their fortunes around and then they totally fell apart last season without him as well.

Also, commenting on all the weapons Burrow had is ridiculous as well considering no one considered the Bengals loaded to bear before the season and during the season they had one of the worst offensive lines in the entire league. Yet that QB rose above and elevated the entire offense, taking the team within 8 minutes of winning the Super Bowl.

But yeah… Kyler’s better than him too. Okay.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Sorry, but we need to stop with this nonsense of trying to get people banned because they criticize the negative Nancy’s on this board. The word “fan” is short for fanatic. We need more fans on this board than those that choose to be more critical of this team even before the season has begun.
It is never ok to question a board posters fandom and tell them to root for another team.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That’s asinine. The Ravens lost 9 games last year. And you may counter that Jackson missed the last 5 games. But, why did that happen? Because Lamar could only run, run, run & nothing else. That led to an injury that sidelined him. His passing stats are a far cry from Murray’s, and Murray actually had more rushing touchdowns in his first three years than Lamar did in his first 3 years. And don‘t forget that Lamar wasn’t a starter for more than half of his 1st season. The Ravens were also a playoff team when they drafted Lamar, and the Cardinals were the worst team in Cardinal history when Murray was drafted. Lamar was drafted by one of the best franchises in football & they knew what they had to do in order to have him make a difference. He’s now been exposed. He can’t throw the ball, especially when they’re losing. Exactly why the Ravens are dragging their feet in resigning him for big bucks.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
That’s asinine. The Ravens lost 9 games last year. And you may counter that Jackson missed the last 5 games. But, why did that happen? Because Lamar could only run, run, run & nothing else. That led to an injury that sidelined him. His passing stats are a far cry from Murray’s, and Murray actually had more rushing touchdowns in his first three years than Lamar did in his first 3 years. And don‘t forget that Lamar wasn’t a starter for more than half of his 1st season. The Ravens were also a playoff team when they drafted Lamar, and the Cardinals were the worst team in Cardinal history when Murray was drafted. Lamar was drafted by one of the best franchises in football & they knew what they had to do in order to have him make a difference. He’s now been exposed. He can’t throw the ball, especially when they’re losing. Exactly why the Ravens are dragging their feet in resigning him for big bucks.
Lamar has a regular season winning % of 75%. Kyler is below 50%. And you are arguing Kyler has been better.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Can’t throw the ball dude, so he’s been exposed. How much longer before his body can’t take many more hits? Ravens are an exceptional franchise, and yet they’re dragging their feet in extending him? Why?
Ravens are trying to re-sign him but Lamar is his own agent. Their GM has publicly stated they are frustrated because Lamar is waiting to get the best market.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Protecting the football is a primary mandate of a QB. Not giving up points is another. Kyler either panicked or even worse, made a conscious decision to put the ball at risk when his team was already behind. Both are bad but if he made the decision to flop that ball out there it is even worse. No QB looks at that play and states it was a good decision.
Kyler has been pretty damn good at protecting the ball. Even with a below average OL, his interceptions are pretty low. He was hit & twisted before he “flipped” that ball out there. Any which way you look at it, the snap had more to do with the negativity of that play.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
To your point PA, Kyler may end up with a better career but to this point Lamar has been more successful in pretty much every way.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lamar has a regular season winning % of 75%. Kyler is below 50%. And you are arguing Kyler has been better.
Stop. Are you really going to compare winning percentages between the Baltimore Ravens (outstanding franchise with history of a winning %) to the AZ Cardinals (crappy franchise with crappy history of winning %)? If Murray were drafted by the Ravens, they would have already won a SB.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
To your point PA, Kyler may end up with a better career but to this point Lamar has been more successful in pretty much every way.
If that’s the case, it‘s only because Lamar is a Raven & Murray is a Cardinal. But, Murray is a far more balanced QB than Lamar will ever be. And trust me, I wanted the Cardinals to stay put in the 2018 draft & draft Lamar instead of trading up for Rosen.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Clown post of the year candidate. Questioning long time board members fandom and telling them to go is such a trash move.
I call it like I see it chopper. Ive never been accused of being shy. Peeps cant handle my critique of certain overnegative posters put me on ignore. I rarely post on here because of the drama and whining in this Cards section. Takes the fun out for a few of us looking forward to the season. There is being critical when warranted and then there's drivel. Anyway, Ive already had a talk with Shane and said I have to play nice with others so this is my best behavior. lol

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Except actually throwing the football.

I think you're using team success WAY too much in Lamar's favor.

Lamar has had an ELITE offensive line for most of his career...except last year where...BOOM he looked meh without it.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Stop. Are you really going to compare winning percentages between the Baltimore Ravens (outstanding franchise with history of a winning %) to the AZ Cardinals (crappy franchise with crappy history of winning %)? If Murray were drafted by the Ravens, they would have already won a SB.
It's a ridiculous argument. I'm with you here.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Lamar has had an ELITE offensive line for most of his career...except last year where...BOOM he looked meh without it.
They had the #1 seed in the AFC before COVID/injuries.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

that offensive line was ELITE when the team was 4-5 before he started and immediately led the team to a 6-1 record his rookie year?

Or were they elite the year before Lamar where they led to a whopping 4 YPC in 2017? And their offense was 27th ranked in the league that then took a quantum leap to 9th the next year when Lamar started playing?

Sorry… that offensive line has been elevated by Lamar because he puts defenses on their heels. It was a mediocre at best line before he got there and has been up and down his four seasons there.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Heh using TEAM winning percentage for only one position is a flawed argument.

Are you saying that Keim has built a better or comparable team than Eric DeCosta? I think 31 NFL GMs would laugh at your argument. I'm laughing at it; Lamar Jackson has better backs, TEs, and an OL. His defense is better. That's how you win in the NFL consistently.