Kurt Warner: HOF EGO

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed this?

I just got through listening to him on the NFL channel.

He loves him some him.

Discuss.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he just has a manner about himself that makes it seem that way. I always loved what he did for the Cards, but because of this manner about himself, I never cared for him personally all that much.

I ain't gonna hold it against him for eternity though!!! :D

Last edited:

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

He loves him some him.

Discuss.

I actually thought he'd make a good commentator. The only thing even slightly "egotistical" of him was when he said the Cards would have a tough time filling the QB spot based on the expectations of the team and staff. First of all, I think if you're going to be a HOF player you better have a HOF ego. All those dudes have ego's, they gotta. Secondly, what he said wasn't incorrect: how do you replace a HOF QB? Lastly, he said "based on their expectations," which is true. He actually let Leinart off the hook if you ask me, by implying they were expecting too much and basically just throwing a guy with an arm in there.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think he just has a manner about himself that makes it seem that way. I always loved what he did for the Cards, but because of this manner about himself, I never cared for him personnally all that much.

I ain't gonna hold it against him for eternity though!!! :D

My wife is the same way, his personality rubs her wrong for some reason, but it never stopped her from screaming every time he threw a TD.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Exactly why I never cared much for him. He may be the nicest guy on Earth, but during interviews he always seemed holier than thou and it seemed like he never hesitated to throw teammates under the bus. Great QB, like I said he's probably a great guy, I just never much cared for him.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's confident and there us nothing wrong with that. I liked what he had to say.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Its a whole lot easier to stomach than Trent Dilfer talking about how great he was when he won a Super Bowl.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
As long as he isn't referring to himself in the 3rd person, I see nothing wrong with the man being proud of all he has accomplished. Desertdawg can't stand those guys that do the 3rd person thing, Desertdawg thinks its ridiculous.:D

OP
OP
Redheart

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
It looks like they are alternating Trent Green and Kurt. Seeing who fits in better with the broadcast "team".

OP
OP
Redheart

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
I guess the way he was agreeing / saying that the 9ers would win the division now that he wasn't there kind of torqued me off.

Like HE was the only reason. If I had to pick a "hero", it would be the head coach; Warner a key contributor, true, but I refuse to accept his absense as the reason the Cardinals don't three-peat. However, Warner seems certain it is so.

So, Cardinals fans, discuss.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess the way he was agreeing / saying that the 9ers would win the division now that he wasn't there kind of torqued me off.

Like HE was the only reason. If I had to pick a "hero", it would be the head coach; Warner a key contributor, true, but I refuse to accept his absense as the reason the Cardinals don't three-peat. However, Warner seems certain it is so.

So, Cardinals fans, discuss.

I think he no longer plays for us and has no allegiance just to pick us because he played here. The guy was a hired goon. Should he automatically pick the Rams or the Giants? Just doesnt work that way.

If he truly feels the Niners will win the division I dont have a problem with that.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you agree with him?

Because I don't.

The guy played the week after getting left arm almost torn in half. It was the toughest thing I've ever personally witnessed an Arizona Cardinals player do. I think that's when he really became the leader of the team and the next 2.5 years were the best we've had here.

So, no, I don't care if he doesn't wave poms-poms for us now on the NFL network. His opinion on who wins the division carries no more weight than anyone elses'.

Bobcat

Reaction score

He loves him some him.

Discuss.

He must remember that it takes 5 years to get into the HOF once you retire. Stranger things have happened before. Humility means a lot.

BOBCAT
:):D

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Desertdawg thinks KW might be right if our QB situation is shaky in the start of the season. I think the Cards game will be pretty solid by the time we play some 9ers. Desertdawg only hopes we can beat them both times, because there is a very good chance we end up with the same record. (say 9-7?)

Last edited:

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It looks like they are alternating Trent Green and Kurt. Seeing who fits in better with the broadcast "team".

It wasn't enough that he destroyed Trent Green's playing career????

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kurt is a first class person. He has set the standard as a role model for others to follow. He is embarking on a new career in the media world which requires him to be a little more outspoken than his nature.
The contributions from him and his wife for community efforts speaks for itself.
We were lucky to have him as a Cardinal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Redheart

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
... His opinion on who wins the division carries no more weight than anyone elses'.

Well, here is something else that I don't agree with.

Sorry ajcardfan; I mis-read this part of your response to mean the exact opposite; i.e. because Warner said so who was I to question him.

My excuse is four beers and trying to read and respond between games of COD!

Last edited:

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kurt is a first class person. He has set the standard as a role model for others to follow. He is embarking on a new career in the media world which requires him to be a little more outspoken than his nature.
The contributions from his and his wife for community efforts speaks for itself.
We were lucky to have him as a Cardinal.

this

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, here is something else that I don't agree with.

Really? You think the Niners are going to win more games, or that we will lose more, because of what he said tonight?

OP
OP
Redheart

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Really? You think the Niners are going to win more games, or that we will lose more, because of what he said tonight?

Stay on track; what he says will have no effect on the season.

The point is: I do not agree that because he is no longer our quarterback, that the niners should be favored to win the division. He does, and evidently, you do too.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny that people are killing Kurt for exhibiting the same attitude and behavior that Leinart sorely lacked. Oh sweet irony!