Joe Alt

OP
OP
F

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Getting OT's Alt or Fashanu would be a major add to the team. Having bookend tackles would be a significant boost for our passing game. There are lots of good WRs in this draft and here is a list of potential free gents from ProFootballnetwork.com:

1) Tee Higgins
2) Mike Evans
3) Calvin Ridley
4) Michael Pittman Jr.
5) Marquise Brown
6) Gabe Davis
7) Darnell Mooney
8) Donovan Peoples-Jones
9) Curtis Samuel
10) Tyler Boyd
Id take Gabe Davis or Tyler Boyd.

Maybe there will be a WR like Thomas or Legette at #35

OP
OP
F

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Man, you don't like him, do you?
No I dont. His response to Arians telling him his attitude was crap and he needed to put work in to succeed in the NFL was to cry and claim Arians was a "bully".

He has been overpaid since the day we drafted him compared to his on field production. He makes Levi Brown look like Johnathan Ogden.

OP
OP
F

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
If anyone can find any metric or measurement that would rank DJ as a top 15 OT in the league over his 8 years...not just his one good year in 21...then I would love to see it.

As of this year...he and Beachum have made about the same amount of money in their career...but Beachum has started 50 more games.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If anyone can find any metric or measurement that would rank DJ as a top 15 OT in the league over his 8 years...not just his one good year in 21...then I would love to see it.

As of this year...he and Beachum have made about the same amount of money in their career...but Beachum has started 50 more games.
We rarely agree, but add in DJs movement penalties I think it’s time to cut the cord.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We rarely agree, but add in DJs movement penalties I think it’s time to cut the cord.
I don’t like adding to the team by subtracting. I’m not sure what DJ’s contract is our if could be restructured. What could we get in a trade? How much would it change our cap situation? Would he benefit with a very good guard next to him?
I know trading him forces us to take an OT very early in the draft. I know he’s part of offensive line has made us the best rushing team we have seen in a long time.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don’t like adding to the team by subtracting. I’m not sure what DJ’s contract is our if could be restructured. What could we get in a trade? How much would it change our cap situation? Would he benefit with a very good guard next to him?
I know trading him forces us to take an OT very early in the draft. I know he’s part of offensive line has made us the best rushing team we have seen in a long time.
All very good points

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don’t think we could get much of anything for him even if his injury isn’t serious… no one wants to pay top 10 tackle money for him. We’d have to pay a portion of that, over the cap values him at around $11mm. Seems about right.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
My guess is Alt would get the nod over Fashanu if the Cardinals had to choose. They spoke a lot about PJJ's demeanor and aggressive streak which Alt has more of than Fashanu.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard