MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
went to see this yesterday at the 3d IMAX at the AMC in westgate .... place was packed at 10:30 am

overall it was a movie with great effects and visually stunning

the movie itself was merely OK ....i wouldn't call it a heavy science fiction film - the science fiction aspects were the best part of it, but unfortunately way too light

the movie itself was like a blend of dances with wolves & pocahantes .... my dad described it as an old western where the indians won

so much in the story line had been done before ... so much was so unoriginal (really, do we have to see a guy get mean and scare off the animals only to turn around and see an even bigger animal again?!?)

also the political undertones were far from subtle ...i really don't like being clubbed over the head while going to the movies .... it's cool to incorporate a message and all, but this was a bit much

I'm glad I saw it on the big screen - i'm interested in the technology and am pumped for alice in wonderland - i just don't understand how people are seeing this thing multiple times

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's your point?

What is the point of asking? You should know i was just trying to annoy 1) you, 2) Shane, 3) Chandler mike, or 4) Dcr.

Tha is usually my point. If I even have one.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn't annoy me.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Outstanding effects. Should win all sorts of technical awards. Pedestrian plot.

Shouldn't win Best Picture, but probably will.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also just watched Surrogates. Interesting that two popular movies released so close together use the same, fairly unusual, key plot component.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Contains one curse word

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw it Saturday...I had no interest in it whatsoever, but it was a good movie.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw it with The 'Bee. Good movie. Epic in scale. The plot was a little dull at times, even though I was never bored throughout. Many different angles they can go with for sequels.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And with only half the tickets Titanic sold, to date :)

I went over that top 100 of all time list. Titanic is the best movie in the top 10 followed closely by Dark Knight and Star Wars. Avatar would be in the middle of the pack IMHO.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember why I am boycotting. The line "not in Kansas anymore.". Ugh. Too cornpone.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I remember why I am boycotting. The line "not in Kansas anymore.". Ugh. Too cornpone.

that's OK ... they make up for it later when they decide they need to "get out of dodge"

You must be registered for see images

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, I saw this. It was supercool to look at, but not much else. I have no problem with it winning best picture, if Lord of the Rings won it.