I've had all I can Dobbs and I can't Dobbs no more

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Single handedly ruining games - single handedly deflating our defense week in week out - single handedly wasting the quality rushing week in week out - it doesn't have to be Kyler - it doesn't have to be Tune - just as long as it isn't Dobbs - unless you actually want to lose the game

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
What’s griping about it doing for ya :) we’ve heard it all alrwady from you in the game threads lol…. Good thing we’re looking down the barrel of Kyler anyway.
I'd rather see you play Quarterback for the Arizona Cardinals... and I've seen you throw a football

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice kids plays hard but yeah he's not a starter. I'm hoping Kyler can come back soon. Would be tough to debut against the Browns with that defense but I really can't wait to see him back on the field.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That kind of answers itself
Does it? They kept playing Ertz’s completely washed ass over McBride and Wilson’s totally burnt to a crisp ass over Clark. So just the fact that our coaches haven’t sat the initial starter doesn’t automatically mean the guy behind him is worse.

This coaching staff hasn’t done anything to deserve the “coaches must know better” vibe you’re selling here… when it suits whatever argument you want to make. Especially since you regularly rip other coaching decisions.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Does it? They kept playing Ertz’s completely washed ass over McBride and Wilson’s totally burnt to a crisp ass over Clark. So just the fact that our coaches haven’t sat the initial starter doesn’t automatically mean the guy behind him is worse.

This coaching staff hasn’t done anything to deserve the “coaches must know better” vibe you’re selling here… when it suits whatever argument you want to make. Especially since you regularly rip other coaching decisions.
If Tune was near serviceable, no team would send a 5th round pick for Dobbs.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is most upsetting is that Gannon already named Dobbs the starter next week. It makes no sense.
It's makes sense. Gannon saw what I saw, a late round QB project who was ok against a bunch of guys currently trying to convince people that they need to replace all 4 tires instead of 1 because they have AWD. Kyler is coming back against Atlanta. It's at home and against a softer defense than Cleveland. Tune isn't ready and Gannon doesn't want to be asked the same question over and over again this week.

I don't like it, but it is what it is.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I assumed Kyler wasn’t going to start until the Atlanta game.
It make sense to pump up the home crowd. What scares me is he may NOT start against Atlanta.

He may not start until we mathematically lock in the first or second pick of the 2024 draft. That won’t be easy. Or maybe the plan is to get Murray in the last couple of games to get a true evaluation.

There are some really bad teams in the NFL besides us.
Panthers
Patriots
Bears
Packers

If Murray plays the last 7 games it could push us down to the 5th or 6th pick.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I assumed Kyler wasn’t going to start until the Atlanta game.
It make sense to pump up the home crowd. What scares me is he may NOT start against Atlanta.

He may not start until we mathematically lock in the first or second round pick of the 2024 draft. That won’t be easy. Or maybe the plan is to get Murray in the last couple of games to get a true evaluation.

There are some really bad teams in the NFL besides us.
Panthers
Patriots
Bears
Packers

If Murray plays the last 7 games it could push us down to the 5th or 6th pick.
They have to activate him or shut him down 21 days after he started practicing. He's playing if he's activated.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have to activate him or shut him down 21 days after he started practicing. He's playing if he's activated.
We can assume he is going to play. But just because he’s activated doesn’t mean he will play. They could activate him with the thought of seeing him the last 2 games of the season.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We can assume he is going to play. But just because he’s activated doesn’t mean he will play. They could activate him with the thought of seeing him the last 2 games of the season.
Roster spots are too precious in the the NFL, especially with our injuries.

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
Who is it saying Murray isn’t ready yet? Is it KM? Petzing? JG? Or is this coming from above, like Monti.

It’s one thing for us on a fan forum to say this is a wash season and LFG for the #1 pick, but to not play a healthy Murray over dobbs is waving the white flag this season

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two games isn’t a true evaluation
In your eyes. We don’t know what’s going on behind closed doors.
Many believe Tune isn’t starting because the staff has seen enough to start Dobbs.
Well maybe they see enough in Murray to know a couple of games is enough to evaluate.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn