I've had all I can Dobbs and I can't Dobbs no more

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Roster spots are too precious in the the NFL, especially with our injuries.

Not if winning ranks lower on your priority list

In your eyes. We don’t know what’s going on behind closed doors.
Many believe Tune isn’t starting because the staff has seen enough to start Dobbs.
Well maybe they see enough in Murray to know a couple of games is enough to evaluate.

Maybe, but then they don’t need to evaluate really. They’ve made their decision and are looking to confirm it.

Everything about Monti’s behavior this year points to having flexibility to dump Murray if they have to. They can’t do this another year.

I mean they can; it would just be a circus.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
At 1-7 Tune should be getting some experience. Even if it’s just for one quarter a game. Murray should have played a quarter yesterday just to ease him back in to the job. We have seen Dobbs for 8 games and know what he is. Tune is the total package athletically. Reminds me of Josh Allen. Will he ever play like him who knows, but this is the perfect season to get him some reps that way he might be prepared to play next season if the starter gets hurt.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
At 1-7 Tune should be getting some experience. Even if it’s just for one quarter a game. Murray should have played a quarter yesterday just to ease him back in to the job. We have seen Dobbs for 8 games and know what he is. Tune is the total package athletically. Reminds me of Josh Allen. Will he ever play like him who knows, but this is the perfect season to get him some reps that way he might be prepared to play next season if the starter gets hurt.

This is hilarious.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Two games isn’t a true evaluation
And do the Cardinals really need a true evaluation of Murray? The Cardinals know EXACTLY what they have with Murray. JG has said it again and again that he took this job BECAUSE of Kyler Murray. And I find it hard to believe he didn’t mean it. He’s called Murray a “Franchise” QB numerous times, and Head Coaches know what they have when they make such comments.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
And do the Cardinals really need a true evaluation of Murray? The Cardinals know EXACTLY what they have with Murray. JG has said it again and again that he took this job BECAUSE of Kyler Murray. And I find it hard to believe he didn’t mean it. He’s called Murray a “Franchise” QB numerous times, and Head Coaches know what they have when they make such comments.

I should hope so. Even Kyler Murray doesn't know for sure what his game looks like in this offense. He's not going to know whether his body is ready until he gets creamed by a 315-pound defensive tackle.

I'd prefer he work those out this season than next. One or two games don't provide enough opportunities to run through the game situations that, even if Kyler is 100% the option for 2024 and beyond, you'd want to focus on in the next offseason.

I said this in another thread, but the easiest and simplest explanation for Monti's offseason moves is to clear enough cap space to potentially move on from Murray in 2024 and still have enough cap space to field a team.

Why would Monti do that if he didn't need a true evaluation of Murray?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I said this in another thread, but the easiest and simplest explanation for Monti's offseason moves is to clear enough cap space to potentially move on from Murray in 2024 and still have enough cap space to field a team.
I really hope that isn't the plan...Kyler going super sayan with mediocre personnel all around him is our fastest road to relevance. I can't even imagine starting over with another QB now.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I should hope so. Even Kyler Murray doesn't know for sure what his game looks like in this offense. He's not going to know whether his body is ready until he gets creamed by a 315-pound defensive tackle.

I'd prefer he work those out this season than next. One or two games don't provide enough opportunities to run through the game situations that, even if Kyler is 100% the option for 2024 and beyond, you'd want to focus on in the next offseason.

Why would Monti do that if he didn't need a true evaluation of Murray?
Look, Ive said it many times that Murray needs to play THIS year. But not necessarily to evaluate his fit in this offense. He needs to play and show that he can stay healthy. The ONLY thing that will stop Kyler from not being the franchise QB moving forward is his health. Plain and simple.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Um, yes, they do, badly. And no, they really don't. Like it or not, this is Kyler's audition. He is in no way guaranteed to be around next season, despite what Monti or JG might have said. Because, really, what else are they going to say, that they're really not sure about him? lol

Granted, KM will get a bit of a benefit of the doubt. If he's just average, I think he's back with us next season. If he lights it up or plays very good, he's definitely back. If he's not good or horrible--like the last time we saw him--he gone.

I think the absolute worst scenario is him looking a bit below average but with enough excuses from the roster to just eek his way into the job again next season. That would stick us in purgatory, IMO.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
If they intend to keep him they must see him under center, throwing mostly from the pocket and executing a QB sneak. It‘s a new offense.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nice problem to have.

Would be nice to have two great QB's.
That would be true if they started Tune weeks ago. That way you know if he's a real option or not. Could be a fluke performance for all we know.

Bottom line, forget the mental gymnastics. Just start Kyler if you're moving on from Dobbs.

This QB situation has been horribly mismanaged if you're trying another QB before Kyler.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That would be true if they started Tune weeks ago. That way you know if he's a real option or not. Could be a fluke performance for all we know.

Bottom line, forget the mental gymnastics. Just start Kyler if you're moving on from Dobbs.

This QB situation has been horribly mismanaged if you're trying another QB before Kyler.
Sometimes moves are made because of optics. It could be that Gannon overheard the receivers making comments to the effect that they don't believe in Dobbs.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sometimes moves are made because of optics. It could be that Gannon overheard the receivers making comments to the effect that they don't believe in Dobbs.
As HC you have to have command of your team. If you say Dobbs is starting week 9...start him. You dont do a 180 and suddenly make him 3rd string because a few players got upset.

With Dobbs "starting" you could possibly split reps with Kyler in practice. With Tune you're basically forced to give him most of the practice snaps this week.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If they intend to keep him they must see him under center, throwing mostly from the pocket and executing a QB sneak. It‘s a new offense.
You act as though Murray has never been under center before?? He absolutely has been. And are you really questioning whether Murray can throw from the pocket ??

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You act as though Murray has never been under center before?? He absolutely has been. And are you really questioning whether Murray can throw from the pocket ??
Last year, AZ ran 89% of plays out of the shotgun. Kliff's was primarily a shotgun offense. Seeing Kyler under center 4 or 5 times a games isn't much, especially when those were usually runs anyway.

You must be registered for see images attach

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Pretty sure we wont be seeing Kyler run the QB sneak

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen