Is Kyler playing this week? Part II

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
It doesn’t sound like it. I think Kyler sits again, so does McCoy and Streveler gets the start. Gonna be a rough 3 weeks.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I can’t help but feel like the organization is being overly cautious. I get the logic of wanting him to be fully healthy come January, but at what cost? At the cost of a potential first round bye? At the cost of losing the division and playing on the road in the playoffs? At the cost of possibly not making the playoffs (I know that’s a stretch but it’s still mathematically possible)?

Nope, nope, and nope. Play the man.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can’t help but feel like the organization is being overly cautious. I get the logic of wanting him to be fully healthy come January, but at what cost? At the cost of a potential first round bye? At the cost of losing the division and playing on the road in the playoffs? At the cost of possibly not making the playoffs (I know that’s a stretch but it’s still mathematically possible)?

Nope, nope, and nope. Play the man.
Fine with me.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree that being on the road in regular season games isn’t a big deal. But I really believe home field advantage come playoffs is a real thing.

And I think the way we are built offensively, it’s definitely a plus to avoid those cold weathered cities come January.

Especially for a team who’s never played in the playoffs before, especially our leader at QB.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I know @DVontel blocked me. It is OK to tell him playoffs at home is a thing and he is wrong.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'd rather not have to go to GB in January so home field advantage would be a plus. Having said that, so far, we suck at home. Only like a +7 point differential at home compared to +91 on the road or something to that effect? I think Kyler will play when he's ready so who knows if that will be this week or after the bye? Imo, if he's not 100% for Seattle & Colt can't play, why not line Kyler up under center & run the ball? I know, KK doesn't like putting him under center or Kyler isn't comfortable or both? Either way it would be better than starting Streveler & keep Kyler from taking hits. Play action from running the ball could open up some chunk plays down field but also could get Kyler hit again? It's gonna be an interesting week for sure. I didn't notice Kyler limping at all Sunday but he definitely was in the SF game. I'd take Kyler handing off the whole game over seeing Streveler in for one single play.