IMQ #36 - People in Film - Most Captivating Voice (Female)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This is a harder one, but I'm going with Angelina Jolie, but that can change depending on the day.

Bette Davis
Kathryn Hepburn
Lauren Bacall

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is tough so I will go with voices I recognize out of the gate.

• Betty White
  • Whoopie Goldberg
  • Judi Dench
  • Jennifer Tilly
  • Kathleen Turner

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Scarlett Johansson is at the top of any female voice list. Her voice carried an entire film, a good film at that, in "Her". She recorded her lines after filming also as another actress was cast as the voice prior to her and was on the set to read her lines with Joaquin Phoenix during filming. Johansson replaced Samantha Morton in that role, for those interested in who she replaced.

Jennifer Tilly would probably be my #1 if I hadn't seen "Her". Always loved her voice, very distinct.

Honorable mention to Salma Hayek and Hayley Atwell who have voices that perfectly match their accents, IMO.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Melissa Rouch as Bernadette Rostenkowski-Wolowitz.

I love Melissa Rauch's character and voice in Big Bang but I don't really know her from anything else. I wonder if she uses that same voice in other roles?

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love Melissa Rauch's character and voice in Big Bang but I don't really know her from anything else. I wonder if she uses that same voice in other roles?
She didn't on True Blood but even on the show she used her regular voice after Howard mocked her.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson