I KNOW what will happen in this draft!!!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The cowboys will trade their pick, the raiders will trade their pick with the cowboy trade and the redskins will trade their pick of the raider trade with the cowboy trade. Then they will really start trading!!!

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So far the buzz around the league supports your premise.

Cincy is checking out Leftwich, Palmer, Newman and (I think) Suggs. Does anyone think it's because they're genuinely confused as to whom to pick? More likely, they're trying to scare teams below them into trading up to get a guy they want - and the more prospects they consider, the more teams they might be able intimidate.

Detroit has been pretty quiet so far. I'd say it's 75% they'll draft Rogers.

Texas is looking at Suggs and talking a lot about making him an OLB in their 3-4. I'd give that 50% credence with the other 50% favoring the probability that they're trying to extort a trade with someone like the Cards who really want Suggs.

Bears report they've talked with NE, NO and the Jets about trading down.

Jets' GM (Bradway) has reversed yesterday's statement saying that he wasn't interested in using either or both #1 picks to trade up. Now he says he exploring this possibility.

Jerry Jones loves to wheel & deal if for no other reason than he gets more face-time on TV. And Parcells is not shy about trading down either. (Remember when he passed up Darrell Russell, traded down and wound up with 3 first round picks (none of which, incidently, knocked anyones' socks off)?

So - at face value - yeah, lots of trades.

BUT usually a lot of predraft conversation involves jockeying around to see if there are any opportunities to make a real killing. And if there aren't, most GMs' wind up retreating into their cocoons and hanging on to their picks.

So enjoy the fun. My guess is there will be a couple of Top 6 trades, but they're very likely to come out of left field - from directions you never even considered.

Meanwhile - let the lying continue!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard