Hypothetical For The Tank

Which deal do you like better?

• Total voters

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Never in a million years coukd I ever even hope for things to fall this right for the cards
It absolutely could work out that way. The Cardinals positioned it this way.

I'm not buying the Texans improve hype. Stroud ain't throwing to MHJ, Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, JNS, and Egbuka with the Texans. I don't think I've ever seen a college QB with more talent around him. None of the receivers on the Texans are as talented as any of those guys.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I honestly don’t see how people can still think Kyler can be the man

I’ve seen more than enough to know he’s not a guy to build around
Speaking only for myself: I want to see what he has in a real nfl offense before I flush an only-played-in-a-kliff-wr-screen-“offense.”

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score

I'm not buying the Texans improve hype. Stroud ain't throwing to MHJ, Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, JNS, and Egbuka with the Texans. I don't think I've ever seen a college QB with more talent around him. None of the receivers on the Texans are as talented as any of those guys.
Totally agree- could be wrong, but I think he will crash and burn. Not sold on Bryce young either, seems like a worse version of kyler but with all the physical limitations (height)

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
It's a great question.

This is why our situation is so challenging. Let's say Kyler does do that (I think it's highly unlikely at this point but would love to see it).

Has there ever been a team with a top 5 paid QB and a roster like ours that was able to build a championship team? I haven't found one.

I think his contract and this roster prohibit that from happening. We can be good/competitive but I don't think we can rebuild this this team the way it needs to be with a top 5 paid QB. I also don't think Kyler is that guy - a tier 1 QB. I think he could have been but he isn't.

The more likely scenario - Kyler plays well enough to blow our top draft picks and we are stuck in medicocrity again.

Worst case scenario - he get's injured again and we are really in
It's a great question.

This is why our situation is so challenging. Let's say Kyler does do that (I think it's highly unlikely at this point but would love to see it).

Has there ever been a team with a top 5 paid QB and a roster like ours that was able to build a championship team? I haven't found one.

I think his contract and this roster prohibit that from happening. We can be good/competitive but I don't think we can rebuild this this team the way it needs to be with a top 5 paid QB. I also don't think Kyler is that guy - a tier 1 QB. I think he could have been but he isn't.

The more likely scenario - Kyler plays well enough to blow our top draft picks and we are stuck in medicocrity again.

Worst case scenario - he get's injured again and we are really stuck.

Botttom line - I don't think we have a choice. We have to blow it up and start over.
Fair- I don’t disagree that for us to really make big strides- kyler needs to play to the level of his contract, nothing less than elite

Reactions: PJ1

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Tanking is purposefully losing by building a bad roster and bad staff with the aim of picking #1 or close to it.

And we ain't doing that.
No. Tanking is taking steps to ensure a poor season. There’s a spectrum. Not everything is black and white. Scrapping a lot of talent, eschewing the better talent in the FA market, and knowing your QB is going to miss games and going with a rookie or a total low talent journeyman is a form of tanking. Are the players and and coaches going to try to win? Absolutely. I don’t think many players or coaches actually play to lose or coach to lose. But they know when they don’t have the dogs to win. And we know it too.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
No. Tanking is taking steps to ensure a poor season. There’s a spectrum. Not everything is black and white. Scrapping a lot of talent, eschewing the better talent in the FA market, and knowing your QB is going to miss games and going with a rookie or a total low talent journeyman is a form of tanking. Are the players and and coaches going to try to win? Absolutely. I don’t think many players or coaches actually play to lose or coach to lose. But they know when they don’t have the dogs to win. And we know it too.
LOL arguing semantics is the lowest form of argument.

No question...the Cardinals are tanking. There were moves they didn't make that a team trying to compete would have made.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Totally agree- could be wrong, but I think he will crash and burn. Not sold on Bryce young either, seems like a worse version of kyler but with all the physical limitations (height)
I think Bryce Young will be a decent QB...which is not what you expect from the #1 overall pick.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I think Bryce Young will be a decent QB...which is not what you expect from the #1 overall pick.

His poise and intelligence are off the charts but I worry about his frame. Kyler is more of a tree stump than ppl think while Bryce looks legitimately tiny. I think he’s a guy who take #1 but don’t give up significance assets for to take #1.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
I say play football and try to win. Tired of this tank talk. What a business, how boring, how bloodless, and calculated. Why watch a year like that. They would probably mess up a tank and I'm serious.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
His poise and intelligence are off the charts but I worry about his frame. Kyler is more of a tree stump than ppl think while Bryce looks legitimately tiny. I think he’s a guy who take #1 but don’t give up significance assets for to take #1.
Look at Young next to Murray and you see how small he is. He also isn't the athlete Murray is.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

While I agree with your stroud take, the cards just rarely have the luck for everything to fall into place and whole lotta variables have to do so for that to come fruition.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
While I agree with your stroud take, the cards just rarely have the luck for everything to fall into place and whole lotta variables have to do so for that to come fruition.
Oh it is a pie in the sky notion for sure.

Even if it doesn't work out that way, the Cardinals are still well positioned with a ton of top 100 picks.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Rule #1 of satire: Never satirize someone or something like the Cardinals, who are already a huge joke.
It's not a 1 off on just the Cards, though...They did every team, I think. You can scroll through on the slides.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard