Hypothetical For The Tank

Which deal do you like better?

• Total voters

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Look at this roster and tell me why people think we should be good/we are not tanking?

21 dudes on our roster are on 1 year deals.
20 players have 2 years or less experience in the NFL
11 rookies

Our rookie OT is the 6th highest paid player (per year AVG) on the entire team.

Our starting QB is 28 and has never won an NFL game.

You must be registered for see images attach

Because you don't trade a 5th for a better QB if you are tanking.

Because you don't trade a 5th for a worst QB ever, or because you already have Blough.

These are simply not moves tanking teams make.

The options are not only "Tank" and "Superbowl run". There's plenty of in between. Everyone in the Org knows that there was too much roster work and cap restructuring required to make the playoffs they year. They know it's going to be a tough year. That doesn't mean they are intentionally tanking.

There's a middle ground where you can blood young players, try to find some cheap FA's that fit what you want to do, coach well and play hard. Try build a culture of effort and standards, if not winning.

Which seems to be exactly what we have done so far.

After all, we are 2 Zach Ertz catches away from being 2-0.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I don't really understand EPA/Play -- it seems like the results are pretty non-predictive.

But the thing to remember about DVOA right now is that there isn't a ton of data for the "Defense-adjusted" part of the equation. Their DAVE metric is more dependable early in the season because it accounts for the early ratings for teams.

Cards are 30th in DAVE.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because you don't trade a 5th for a better QB if you are tanking.

Because you don't trade a 5th for a worst QB ever, or because you already have Blough.

These are simply not moves tanking teams make.

The options are not only "Tank" and "Superbowl run". There's plenty of in between. Everyone in the Org knows that there was too much roster work and cap restructuring required to make the playoffs they year. They know it's going to be a tough year. That doesn't mean they are intentionally tanking.

There's a middle ground where you can blood young players, try to find some cheap FA's that fit what you want to do, coach well and play hard. Try build a culture of effort and standards, if not winning.

Which seems to be exactly what we have done so far.

After all, we are 2 Zach Ertz catches away from being 2-0.

Honestly i challenge everyone Who was thinking differently After all the quastionable moves(on paper) made in the offseason
Ben Stille and ledbetter are our defensive tackle
Wallace and chereche in the backfield
Dobbsat qb with zero wins in his personal resume

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Cards and Mitch don't think so, so there's that.
I couldn't care less what Mitch thinks.

As for the Cards, it's really hard to say. He's obviously the #1 TE option, but I don't know what's going on with my Large Adult Son Trey McBride. Ertz's target volume has varied wildly. He had an insane 10 targets against SFO but 4 Sunday against the Bengals.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
300 yards in 5 games for Hollywood is... "ballin'"? That's on pace to barely scratch 1000 yards in 17 games.
The tiny possession receiver is on pace for a staggering 142 targets this year.

If he gets the 9 TDs he's on pace for it would have been good enough for T6 in the NFL last year.