How About Trading.....Up?

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
I've read a few posts about trading down to get more picks to draft an extra dlineman or linebacker or slapd*ck that probably won't get a second contract with the team.

Other posters are pressing for the team to stay put and hope for one of the bluechip non qb prospects to drop (Young, Okudah, Simmons). Or if one those guys doesn't make it to 8, settle for the best player available whether that is WR or OL.

Why not trade up to get one of the blue chip guys? Would the NY Giants trade the 4th pick for the 8th and 72nd? What about Detroit or Washington? I think Young and Okudah are the two best players on this draft and I would love to see an aggressive move to get one of them.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've read a few posts about trading down to get more picks to draft an extra dlineman or linebacker or slapd*ck that probably won't get a second contract with the team.

Other posters are pressing for the team to stay put and hope for one of the bluechip non qb prospects to drop (Young, Okudah, Simmons). Or if one those guys doesn't make it to 8, settle for the best player available whether that is WR or OL.

Why not trade up to get one of the blue chip guys? Would the NY Giants trade the 4th pick for the 8th and 72nd? What about Detroit or Washington? I think Young and Okudah are the two best players on this draft and I would love to see an aggressive move to get one of them.

nope your giving up at least 2 number 1s to move into the top 5.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think I would do it for Okudah

It’s not a need for us. No reason to do it.

Chase Young is the only guy I’d do it for but it’s going to take a small fortune that we don’t have

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
nope your giving up at least 2 number 1s to move into the top 5.
If the Giants are set on an OT next year’s #2 should get it done.
Fits Value wise and at #8 at least three of the Four OTs should be there.

For Young. Absolutely.

Two Young studs at the Two most valued positions

Last edited:

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The only guy that makes sense is to trade up for Young. But we don't have enough draft capital to do so. For me it's stay put or trade back.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If we could trade #8 and next year's 2nd rounder for Chase Young I would do it all day long. Anyone else I think I would think twice.

Might be willing to move up a spot or two for Okudah if the cost was not crazy...we need to be thinking that PP21 is gone next year...until there is a reason not to.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Brady Quinn mock draft (Lions trade the 3rd pick for Chandler Jones)

Trades Chandler Jones for the #3 pick. Cards select Okudah.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cards trade down from 8 to 12 and pick up a 2nd rounder. Cards select Chaisson at 12.

Silly, crazy mock. Only thread I could think to post it in.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Brady Quinn mock draft (Lions trade the 3rd pick for Chandler Jones)

Trades Chandler Jones for the #3 pick. Cards select Okudah.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cards trade down from 8 to 12 and pick up a 2nd rounder. Cards select Chaisson at 12.

Silly, crazy mock. Only thread I could think to post it in.

No. They also have us trading PP21 for 25 and take Josh Johnson OT Hou. This mock is just a bunch of bored CBS guys trying to get clicks.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn