Houston May Not Go QB - Eyeing Anderson

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
They won a playoff game four years ago. Before they hired their galaxy-brained ex-Pats GM they’d had one losing season in the past six.

The Texans are the model Monti is following.
I don't know if Nick Caserio will last much longer if he doesn't find a QB.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They won a playoff game four years ago. Before they hired their galaxy-brained ex-Pats GM they’d had one losing season in the past six.

The Texans are the model Monti is following.
The Cards won 11 games two years ago too. Doesn't disprove my point really.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
geeze louise K9, you too? Aint even close to the draft and you've already joined the POMP? Was this mindset pre-set going in or is it how Ossenfort's handling the roster/free agency?
This. I was firmly in the wait and see camp because I didn't know him. I don't at all like what I'm seeing thus far. He may be handcuffed by a miserly owner right now, but he signed up for it. He's got plenty of time to show out, but not a great start for me.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
geeze louise K9, you too? Aint even close to the draft and you've already joined the POMP? Was this mindset pre-set going in or is it how Ossenfort's handling the roster/free agency?

The third-choice GM hasn’t shown me anything to dissipate any skepticism.

The Cards won 11 games two years ago too. Doesn't disprove my point really.
I mean, you’re technically incorrect that they’ve been garbage the past decade. They’ve only been garbage since Ossenfort’s mentor took over.

Before that, the Houston Texans had a pretty sustained run of success.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I mean, you’re technically incorrect that they’ve been garbage the past decade. They’ve only been garbage since Ossenfort’s mentor took over.

This gets me even more excited about the new FO.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You're right. Cards aren't technically garbage this decade either.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
This. I was firmly in the wait and see camp because I didn't know him. I don't at all like what I'm seeing thus far. He may be handcuffed by a miserly owner right now, but he signed up for it. He's got plenty of time to show out, but not a great start for me.
I'm at least waiting for the draft before I even try and decide which side of the line I reside, maybe longer. One thing I'll say though is he hasn't wasted any money, infact I'd say he's avoided spending any money. If he starts making big stupid purchases I'll be team POMP 100% but for now I'm Switzerland

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I dont see the Texans taking Anderson as a problem

suddenly CJ Stroud is available for sale at #3 --every QB needy team has a shot at the #2 QB in the draft. I think it makes #3 MORE valuable

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont see the Texans taking Anderson as a problem

suddenly CJ Stroud is available for sale at #3 --every QB needy team has a shot at the #2 QB in the draft. I think it makes #3 MORE valuable
I don't necessarily buy it either, but I think Stroud goes number 1 and people would have to be really excited about Young/Richardson to move up.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The Texans have one of the easiest calls in the history of the draft by drafting whichever QB Carolina doesn’t.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
If they take Anderson then I think someone is going to jump over Indy. Anderson going before us might be the best thing yet.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dov Kleiman must be going for the offseason record for spreading nonsense.

Case Keenum is the QB you sign when you are drafting a rookie and you want a vet hand to guide them.

They didn't add Dalton Schultz, Robert Woods, Devin Singletary, Michael Dieter and Shaq Mason to make Davis Mills look better if they are tanking for Williams or Maye.

None of their off season moves look like a team looking to pick top 2 next year. They added Jimmie Ward, Sheldon Rankins, Denzel Perryman, Cory Littleton and Chase WInovich to the defense too.

Everything they have done says they are drafting a QB.

Not that it matters either way to us. It's probably better for us if they don't draft a QB.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don’t think people are talking enough about Drew Sanders as an option when we trade down.
Eh before the Cardinals signed White and the eleventh billion LBs they've signed this offseason, I still toyed around with the idea of trying to get Jack Campbell in the third round.

That's probably the single biggest indictment of the Keim era, that the Cardinals STILL needed LB help after using two 1st round picks.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is Ryans last week

"We have a really good, to a couple of good, quarterback prospects at the top of the draft," Ryans said, "and we want to add a young quarterback to our team. We think that will be the right thing to do for our team. We feel like we have a good nucleus of players. I still want to add some competition to that quarterback position, and this year, there's two good guys at the top that we've looked at and that we value pretty highly. So we're excited about the draft to be at that No. 2 spot."

Seems pretty clear.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson