Houston May Not Go QB - Eyeing Anderson

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Christian Gonzalez here we come! This also affects Indy and their need to trade up.

"The decision could be based on the Texans’ belief that Anderson is the cleanest prospect in this year’s draft. Despite a dire need at quarterback, the Texans could opt to draft Anderson at two overall and wait to select their quarterback with their 12th overall pick. Alternatively, they could trade up from their 12th overall pick to get the quarterback they desire."

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Christian Gonzalez here we come! This also affects Indy and their need to trade up.

"The decision could be based on the Texans’ belief that Anderson is the cleanest prospect in this year’s draft. Despite a dire need at quarterback, the Texans could opt to draft Anderson at two overall and wait to select their quarterback with their 12th overall pick. Alternatively, they could trade up from their 12th overall pick to get the quarterback they desire."

I have been saying this for a couple months now. I think there is a good chance they wait until next year to grab Williams/Maye

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been saying this for a couple months now. I think there is a good chance they wait until next year to grab Williams/Maye
Myself as well. Ryans is a D guy - wants his Bosa type anchor (even though Anderson may not be that level)

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would make our pick a lot more desirable in a trade down situation with one of the top two QBs still on the board.
To a team like Vegas probably, but that would require a lot of capital for them to move fron 7 to 3. I'd take 7, 38 and 70 and a second next year at the minimum.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd say it opens up Detroit, Vegas, and Atlanta in a big way.
Atlanta yes, but I don't see Detroit giving up draft capital since we would probably ask for both their first rounders plus probably a 3rd. They are on the way up and want defense. I think they take Cater at 6.

We could get a similar haul from Atlanta, but I don't want to move down much further than 8. I think Christian Gonzalez is gone by then and aside from Anderson is who I want.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I still think Texans go quarterback - but if this very unlikely scenario does play out then Monti would probably get a lot of offers for our #3 pick

100% trade down and a nice haul to boot, and no one would fault him for it.

I would still be shocked if they passed on a QB, but ...

You must be registered for see images attach

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
& if they miss out on both?
Then they are still terrible like they have been for a decade? There is 0 guarantee that even if they drafted a QB, that he or the team would be successful.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The haul would have to phenomenal!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
when you see a lot of "could" or "may" it just means bored writers spitballing alternate universes.

Here is a headline for you, "Texans may select Carter at 2 and then they could trade arizona 10 first round picks to move back to 12" says one league source....

its Bobby, the source is Bobby...he works for the superclean franchise thats contracted to buff the floors at Texans headquarters.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when you see a lot of "could" or "may" it just means bored writers spitballing alternate universes.

Here is a headline for you, "Texans may select Carter at 2 and then they could trade arizona 10 first round picks to move back to 12" says one league source....

its Bobby, the source is Bobby...he works for the superclean franchise thats contracted to buff the floors at Texans headquarters.
That's the entire month before the draft. The best pundits will get maybe 30% right. It's all speculation, conjecture and smoke screens at this point.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Man, I'd be very worried if this were to happen. I don't have any of the faith that a lot of you do that the Raiders or Detroit are going to move up, and Atlanta could choose to stand pat if they like either of the QBs that might still fall to them.

I don't want to move out of the top 10, I'd view it as a big loss.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Man, I'd be very worried if this were to happen. I don't have any of the faith that a lot of you do that the Raiders or Detroit are going to move up, and Atlanta could choose to stand pat if they like either of the QBs that might still fall to them.

I don't want to move out of the top 10, I'd view it as a big loss.
dont stress. In NFL circles april fools lasts until draft day

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Lot's of probabilities out there for sure. I would put this as highly unlikely though.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Then they are still terrible like they have been for a decade? There is 0 guarantee that even if they drafted a QB, that he or the team would be successful.
They won a playoff game four years ago. Before they hired their galaxy-brained ex-Pats GM they’d had one losing season in the past six.

The Texans are the model Monti is following.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
They won a playoff game four years ago. Before they hired their galaxy-brained ex-Pats GM they’d had one losing season in the past six.

The Texans are the model Monti is following.
geeze louise K9, you too? Aint even close to the draft and you've already joined the POMP? Was this mindset pre-set going in or is it how Ossenfort's handling the roster/free agency?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard