Houdini

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34
The attack first on Houdini, that near as I can tell was unwarranted from what he has done on this board recently (I have been out of the loop for a day or so and am not going to read every post looking for what started all this).

Second, there is a tearing apart of transplants on this thread, of which I am one 10 years ago and quite frankly I am sick of the belly-aching about transplants.

Houdini was told straight out to go back to a Fudge-Packer Board...which by the way is such an ignorant thing to say. I always felt this board was on a higher level intellectually...then this happens.

So I have never hidden I am a Bears fan (oh and by the way I voted against the stadium...not because I didn't want it but because I had no faith in who was running it (Ferris). I felt it would be a disaster with him in control and couldn't vote for it.

So, therefore, if everyone is running off people because they are fans of another team or they voted against the stadium, fine. Let me know and I will leave. Not going to waste my time here I am unwanted.

See. Now I am all worked up over this stupid ****.

Your a transplant! If I'd have known that I would never have talked to you. Scumbag. I was born and raised right here in............ummm Colorado.

Nevermind Cubbie. Nice to see you again. :wave:

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Oh yeah I forgot the beginning of this thread has a hot topic going on between KrangtheBrain and Houdini.

I however am past that. I guess we should have started a different thread.

I have transplanted 4 times in my life. I disagree with Krang about being a fan for local sports. If Portland was given a NFL team I would find it very difficult to become an Portland Football fan since I have always been a Card fan.

I am not into basketball but I do like the Blazers over all other teams but that is because I never had an interest in the NBA. So I support my home team (so in away I do agree with Krang).

I do think some of the thing at the begining of this thread were uncalled for.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PortlandCardFan

The city of 50,000 that I was talking about is Belleville, Il. and I'm very familiar with Highland as one of the GC's we do a lot of work has their headquarters there (Korte Construction). One thing about your living in Portland, the weather is almost the same as it is in Illinois:)

OP
OP
KingofCards

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It wasn't Krang it was me, and I stand behind everything I typed.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Re: PortlandCardFan

Originally posted by 40yearfan
The city of 50,000 that I was talking about is Belleville, Il. and I'm very familiar with Highland as one of the GC's we do a lot of work has their headquarters there (Korte Construction). One thing about your living in Portland, the weather is almost the same as it is in Illinois:)

Yeah except our hills are 1000ft high.:D

My grandfather lives in Belleville (damn I new that I mis-spelled that in my previous post).

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
Like Pinnacle observed before, I do like Arizona. I think it’s the 2nd most diverse state in the nation behind California. There aren’t many places in the country like Arizona where you can go swimming, golfing, and skiing all in the same day. There are a few things I like and dislike about both Arizona and Wisconsin, but overall I do like Arizona better. I respect everyone’s opinions here, whether they agree with mine or not. I’m from the Midwest, but I don’t view the people up there as being any better than the people down here in Arizona. Cities from the Midwest like Chicago and St. Louis who aren’t filled with transplants didn’t entice Bidwill to have his team stay in those cities. So if the people are indeed the problem with this football team, then there must be something wrong with the people of those cities in the midwest too.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Houdini----you missed the whole point of my post. It has absolutely nothing to do with football. It has everything to do with people set in their ways and not wanting to change. If you are going to live in AZ, you have to accept continuous changes and most midwesterners don't have that mindset. That's all I was saying and it was in response to questions asked as to why people move out here and then start bad-mouthing the area.

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by 40yearfan
Houdini----you missed the whole point of my post. It has absolutely nothing to do with football. It has everything to do with people set in their ways and not wanting to change. If you are going to live in AZ, you have to accept continuous changes and most midwesterners don't have that mindset. That's all I was saying and it was in response to questions asked as to why people move out here and then start bad-mouthing the area.

I understood what you meant in your post. I wasn’t referring to anything you posted. :thumbup:

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, we've all vented our frustrations at Houdini's expense, perhaps unfairly.

For the record, I'm a transplant too, from New Jersey. I can honestly say I've liked every place I've ever been or visited, except Nebraska and Houston.

If it was a little less crowded and a lot cheaper, I'd probably choose to live in San Diego.

I'm closing down this thread now. Time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.