Headlines on Monday…

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are all looking forward to the return of KM and how the team responds to him being back

Is he still a pumpkin or has he returned to the old KM?

The Oline with all the backups will make it tough

He needs time to get comfortable in this offense

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
We are all looking forward to the return of KM and how the team responds to him being back

Is he still a pumpkin or has he returned to the old KM?

The Oline with all the backups will make it tough

He needs time to get comfortable in this offense
Yeah, all of this. I mean, if it's just constant defenders in his face, not much you can do. I will expect him to hang in the pocket, even if it's collapsing, if he can step forward and make a play. Gotta be willing to take that hit. If I see him bailing with that stupid spin move from a clean enough pocket, that will be a bad sign. As far as running, I don't expect much, if anything. Rushing yards would just be gravy for him at this point. If, without a true threat of running from him, he can still hang in there and make some plays, that'll go a long way to solidifying his position on this roster.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, all of this. I mean, if it's just constant defenders in his face, not much you can do. I will expect him to hang in the pocket, even if it's collapsing, if he can step forward and make a play. Gotta be willing to take that hit. If I see him bailing with that stupid spin move from a clean enough pocket, that will be a bad sign. As far as running, I don't expect much, if anything. Rushing yards would just be gravy for him at this point. If, without a true threat of running from him, he can still hang in there and make some plays, that'll go a long way to solidifying his position on this roster.
The fear is him getting forced into his old habits with the defenders being in his face so quickly

If he can make some quick throws to slow the rush he may be able to work within the pocket

That's what we can hope

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The fear is him getting forced into his old habits with the defenders being in his face so quickly

If he can make some quick throws to slow the rush he may be able to work within the pocket

That's what we can hope
im more curious how Kyler operates on 3rd down (particularly 3rd and 5ish)

Is he going to find the underneath man for the first down. Or does he target a WR on the outside down the field on a 50/50 ball.

That was a bad tendency for Kyler trying to replicate Hopkins plays with no Hopkins level talents on the outside.

Was that him refusing to take whats there or not believing in the Kliff offense enough to methodically move down the field.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone expecting Kyler to be some magic elixir is fooling themselves and I’m not saying that because I think Kyler sucks. I’m saying that knowing this is his first game action and so timing may be off and being on the same page will almost certainly be off

Kyler will help but this is still a pretty bad offense in many respects. I look forward to getting to see him playing again. My expectations for this first game are very low

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Anyone expecting Kyler to be some magic elixir is fooling themselves and I’m not saying that because I think Kyler sucks. I’m saying that knowing this is his first game action and so timing may be off and being on the same page will almost certainly be off

Kyler will help but this is still a pretty bad offense in many respects. I look forward to getting to see him playing again. My expectations for this first game are very low
I think the team should be better, but I am at best, cautiously optimistic.

The team should be better, but I think it will take Murray a bit to hit his stride.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm #1 wondering if he has the same level of short area agility/escapability he had before injury because he's going to need it. My expectations of what he is capable of baseline around that.

Can a Murray without that, or 80% of that, succeed in the NFL? I hope that's a question we don't see play out because he is indeed, physically back (or very close).

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Here's my Monday headline prediction, based on a close game that could go rather way:

"Cards/Falcons Have Wings Clipped With Last Minute Score"

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard