Give it up for Dortch

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still don't believe that it makes sense, unless SF wins the SB.

They've won 8 in a row, 8-1 with him, 8-0 since he became the fulltime starter. He's such a good receiver for a RB he changed an offense that already used their RB's as receivers and then when Jimmy G went down it allowed them to put in a rookie, who's admittedly good, and not really miss a beat.

His stats don't blow you away with the 49ers but the impact of having a guy who teams have to account for on every play he's in is huge IMO.

Wilson was very good but CMC is a much bigger redzone threat

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It still doesn't make sense.
It’s what a very good team does as the go all in. I think the 49 era are going to the Super Bowl. They are built to win on the road in all types of weather. The only player that can derail them if JG.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I don’t understand how that consistently happens. Should be something that’s easily coachable.
Or just spend time in the playbook/iPad.

Coaches shouldn’t be responsible for study habits. Lining up in the right place is a study issue IMO.

Provided this is all true (what kk says about him lining up wrong), this is all on Dortch.

THAT said, maybe he has trouble reading a playbook. If so, this is where he could use a “coach.” I don’t think the franchises in the league give much time/thought/money to “tutoring” dudes along. You either are, or you’re not in this league.

Dortch is obviously a talented guy. It is my hope he is willing to invest in himself with time and his own money for the right help. I’m assuming (based on reports) his deficit is more learning based than x/o football ish. The dude has natural football ability.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I agree he just seems to plug and play players every year. He has a system and knows what players to sign or draft. The system works and you have to believe in it. ;)
Not entirely sure who’s the best coach in the NFC West, but I believe we all, for sure, know who the worst is….

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It’s what a very good team does as the go all in. I think the 49 era are going to the Super Bowl. They are built to win on the road in all types of weather. The only player that can derail them if JG.
When he breaks down and isn't playing and they flame out of the playoffs with Mr. Irrelevant, and he starts next season on IR, it'll be a great trade, especially with all the other draft capital they traded away.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Josh McCown is the answer.
yeah... here's the difference, I admitted I was wrong there.

you continue to live in fantasy land where the 28th ranked defense was GREAT for the Bengals when they got Burrow.

and that somehow, the trade that has helped propel the Niners to an 8-1 record was a bad one, DESPITE the trade being so good, it's helped the Niner's overcome losing their starting QB AND best WR.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah... here's the difference, I admitted I was wrong there.

you continue to live in fantasy land where the 28th ranked defense was GREAT for the Bengals when they got Burrow.
I admitted I was wrong in that thread. Apparently the last time you admitted you were wrong was back in McCown was the QB? Good stuff.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson