Give it up for Dortch

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t believe DHop only had one catch. I know mcsorely sucks but our “genius” coach can’t scheme a way to get him more involved. If Dortch can catch 10 of 11 targets, why is DHop only catching 1 out of 10. Talk about low percentage throws. Sometimes you need to modify the system.
It’s crazy to see what SF is doing with their 3rd string qb. Mr irrelevant no less.
It's not like McSorely didn't try. He just sucked. If Kyler was playing they would've hit some of the deep sideline throws. It looked like McSorely doesn't even know how to throw back shoulder. It was Streveler deja Vu but he's not as good at running.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It's not like McSorely didn't try. He just sucked. If Kyler was playing they would've hit some of the deep sideline throws. It looked like McSorely doesn't even know how to throw back shoulder. It was Streveler deja Vu but he's not as good at running.
Assumes facts not in evidence

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He'd be a lot better than McSorely, but I'm pretty sure Kyler didn't complete a single deep pass this year. He had plenty of attempts too.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He'd be a lot better than McSorely, but I'm pretty sure Kyler didn't complete a single deep pass this year. He had plenty of attempts too.
Murray had a bad year no doubt about it. At least Hopkins would have had a chance on some of those with Murray instead. Maybe they would've been INTs too. But almost everything being thrown out of bounds is no chance for anybody.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So based on what Kliff said the issue with Dortch dropping so much PT when Rondale came back wasn't just Rondale it was that Dortch was having issues with lining up and running the right routes. He specifically mentioned route depth.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hop was the sole focus of the Bucs defense. He was still targeted 10 times.

Hollywood is supposed to be drawing attention from Hop so this doesn’t happen as often.

This is third-string QB football, folks.
Third-string QB football doesn’t seem to be slowing down the 49ers. It’s amazing what competent coaching will do.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Third-string QB football doesn’t seem to be slowing down the 49ers. It’s amazing what competent coaching will do.
Shanahan has had plenty of QB failures such as Beathard and Mullens (and probably Lance), it's why his win/lose ratio is barely over .500. The other seasons where Jimmy got hurt it completely tanked them. I'd give credit to the GM over Shanahan, I think he found a legitimately good QB in Purdy.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
yes

its also a testament to having a very good other 10 guys, and having them on the field

Shanahan might be able to take the current starting Cardinal offense and get more production out of them -- but it would only be a marginal improvement

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Shanahan has had plenty of QB failures such as Beathard and Mullens (and probably Lance), it's why his win/lose ratio is barely over .500. The other seasons where Jimmy got hurt it completely tanked them. I'd give credit to the GM over Shanahan, I think he found a legitimately good QB in Purdy.
They also have obscenely good skill players and best defense in the league. Their GM (who Shanahan oversees and has a lot of input) has done an excellent job. Everyone is kinda on the same page and the players mostly fit the system and culture.

Keim and Kliff just threw darts and didn’t understand roster construction.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So based on what Kliff said the issue with Dortch dropping so much PT when Rondale came back wasn't just Rondale it was that Dortch was having issues with lining up and running the right routes. He specifically mentioned route depth.
I don’t understand how that consistently happens. Should be something that’s easily coachable.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoever the new GM is, they should give Dortch a nice 2 year contract. His hard work, attitude and then actually balling out when given the chance ---- that's the type of player you need on a roster.

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He was probably was running past the line of scrimmage for positive yards instead trying to catch the ball for negative yardage like KK likes to call every other play.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man I remember a LOT of posters giving me crap for believing shanahan was a good coach . . .

I remember a few here saying they didn't get why the CMC trade was made and that it didn't really make sense.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't stand him either, but he's a great coach who somehow is able to be a bit of a 'player's coach' but still command respect
His teams have always played very hard for him. As long as he has been doing this, it is impressive. Cardinals coaches get like 2 or 3 years of great effort, tops.

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I still think Pete Carroll is the best coach in our division... now that will give you something to chew on
I agree he just seems to plug and play players every year. He has a system and knows what players to sign or draft. The system works and you have to believe in it. ;)

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I agree he just seems to plug and play players every year. He has a system and knows what players to sign or draft. The system works and you have to believe in it. ;)

Maybe that comes with age and dedication over many years to his trade/craft. This youth movement in hiring young head coaches with less experience will run its course as more and more fail. NFL is a copy league, so when one or two young coaches succeeded every dumb GM, like Keim, was looking for the next Mozart to take over coaching his team.

Give me previous success and lots of experience every time.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember a few here saying they didn't get why the CMC trade was made and that it didn't really make sense.
I still don't believe that it makes sense, unless SF wins the SB.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard