Give it up for Dortch

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Fans pre season

5'7" 2nd round pick Moore is too small. Never going to make it. Kyler won't be able to see him.

Fans in season

5'7" UDFA Greg Dortch is great. Dudes making plays. So glad we have him.
You're not using Dortch's game to defend Moore, surely? Dortch had a great game, and it gives me a soft spot for the kid. Moore? Well, we're not even seeing what he's got because he's injured. Again.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Dortch is a cool story. Got to love a dude who came into the league as an UDFA, bounced around several practice squads, and is now leading the team in yards. The way he is performing, I can’t believe he was on the roster bubble. Dude should be considered a lock as a 4-6 receiver.

Just goes to show you that finding the right fit is key. So is the fire in a man’s heart.

Perhaps Isabella finds himself in a similar situation next season. I’d hope that for any dude out there trying to make it.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dortch is a cool story. Got to love a dude who came into the league as an UDFA, bounced around several practice squads, and is now leading the team in yards. The way he is performing, I can’t believe he was on the roster bubble. Dude should be considered a lock as a 4-6 receiver.

Just goes to show you that finding the right fit is key. So is the fire in a man’s heart.

Perhaps Isabella finds himself in a similar situation next season. I’d hope that for any dude out there trying to make it.
Using him and Hollywood with horizontal routes make them virtually impossible to cover, Especially if they can read the zones. Hopefully Kliff realizes this.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
No. I'm using him to call out the hypocrisy of the "Moore is too small" people.
Oh, that's just part of the Keim legend, preferring small 2nd round WRs lol If size were the only issue, no problem. But he's a short, often injured, and seemingly limited in skill set WR. Not a good combo.

Dortch looked decent in this game and played great. I hope he can continue.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Another waste of a second-round pick when he could easily be replaced by UFDA?
I love Dortch, but a guy like that is close to an anomaly at the position. No, one cannot easily replace that position with a UFDA, and Keim lucked the hell out. Matter of fact, I would trade Moore to buffer our draft picks right now because in my opinion Dortch is about what we wanted Moore to be, unless Keim is into securing his Russian miniature egg collection

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh, that's just part of the Keim legend, preferring small 2nd round WRs lol If size were the only issue, no problem. But he's a short, often injured, and seemingly limited in skill set WR. Not a good combo.

How is he "limited in skill set"?

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Dortch, but a guy like that is close to an anomaly at the position. No, one cannot easily replace that position with a UFDA, and Keim lucked the hell out. Matter of fact, I would trade Moore to buffer our draft picks right now because in my opinion Dortch is about what we wanted Moore to be, unless Keim is into securing his Russian miniature egg collection

I still think Rondale if he can get healthy is better than Dortch. I love Dortch but he doesn't have the acceleration and extra gear Rondale has.

But he's healthy and Rondale isn't and right now that's what matters

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still think Rondale if he can get healthy is better than Dortch. I love Dortch but he doesn't have the acceleration and extra gear Rondale has.

But he's healthy and Rondale isn't and right now that's what matters

He's obviously better than Dortch. If Rondale was healthy then Dortch would barely sniff a snap. There is a reason Dortch played every snap off pre season and Rondale didn't.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's obviously better than Dortch. If Rondale was healthy then Dortch would barely sniff a snap. There is a reason Dortch played every snap off pre season and Rondale didn't.

I was responding to the claim that a UDFA has replaced Rondale. It's only due to injury he hasn't replaced him because he's as good or better, he's replaced him beause Rondale is injured

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was responding to the claim that a UDFA has replaced Rondale. It's only due to injury he hasn't replaced him because he's as good or better, he's replaced him beause Rondale is injured

I know bud. I'm agreeing with you.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Yeah, so which... unless you thought he looked decent with how he wore his socks but played great at WR lol