EVALUATION at the 3/4 pole...

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Thought I'd do this BEFORE Sun. nite's game...

Ok! My 1st thought is we've ALREADY accomplished ALOT just to be in the position we are now. We started the year with "new" Off. AND Def. co-ordinators. MOST experts would agree that that's a daunting challenge in and of itself. Add-in the dreaded Super-Bowl "curse" and we were facing some pretty long odds on being successful at all this year.

Well, here we are at the top of the stretch w/ a 2-game lead in our division and in-control of our "own" destiny. We DON'T need a kazillion things to happen to make the play-offs which is EXACTLY the position you want to be in. It's pretty simple now...JUST WIN!! :) I think we can all honestly say that once again we have drafted VERY WELL. Beanie, LSH, and even W. Davis, who really seemed to be coming on as of late, have been making signifigant contributions. ..And next year we should have C. Brown and possibly H. Johnson to strengthen our line.

Over-all I'd say we have been VERY competitive in save just a couple of our games (ie; Colts, Panthers). ...And could ANY of us have predicted our road success?? I think that's probably the BIGGEST shock of the year, so far. Now, I know our expectations were HUGE this year. ...And that's to be expected after we got a taste of near-Glory last year. I'm just saying, IF you honestly look at WHERE this franchise is NOW, as compared to say, a few years ago, how can you not see that things are BETTER?? Still need improvement in certain areas?? ABSOLUTELY!! BUT, think of the areas THAT have been strengthened. Wasn't it just a short time ago that we wanted Neil Rackers run out of town?? How was our punting game doing?? Our running-game?? Special-Teams?? I'll let you "add" your own insights on this one.

Summing up, my friends. With 5 games to go we have opportunity squarely in front of us. ...And I'll take that ANY day over...Man, I hope so-and-so's still available when we pick. GO CARDS!! :D

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am very happy with this team, but also diasppointed that they have shot themselves in the foot so much already this season. This team could very easily be 9-2 right now and already have the division wrapped up, yet thanks to boneheaded mistakes and poor play at critical times, they have still left the 9ers enough room to come back and steal the division. Regardless if they win or lose Sunday (I think the Cards will win), the season will come down to the game at SF. I am just so pissed at how close this team is to being 9-2 and playing for the #2 seed and a bye week in the playoffs instead of playing for the division title and the #4 seed.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am very happy with this team, but also diasppointed that they have shot themselves in the foot so much already this season. This team could very easily be 9-2 right now and already have the division wrapped up, yet thanks to boneheaded mistakes and poor play at critical times, they have still left the 9ers enough room to come back and steal the division. Regardless if they win or lose Sunday (I think the Cards will win), the season will come down to the game at SF. I am just so pissed at how close this team is to being 9-2 and playing for the #2 seed and a bye week in the playoffs instead of playing for the division title and the #4 seed.

Just about every team in the league aside from N.O., Minni, and the Colts have shot themselves in the foot somewhere along the line. Keep in mind we have just went thru a stretch where 4 of our last 6 games were on the road. In the past we would have gone 2-4 AT BEST!

I still believe we win our division and I accept the fact that it's not going to be a cake walk. As always this team will have us on the edge of our seats and many of us will be talking each other off the ledge these last 5 weeks.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Went into this season thinking that we'd improve by one game (10-6) and win the division. So far, we are on track.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Went into this season thinking that we'd improve by one game (10-6) and win the division. So far, we are on track.

That was my expectation as well...a one or 2 game improvement on last years record.

One thing that is a bit disappointing I expected our offense to keep up the scoring and efficiency they displayed in the playoffs in a more consistent basis this year and with very few exceptions we haven't seen the big plays.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That was my expectation as well...a one or 2 game improvement on last years record.

One thing that is a bit disappointing I expected our offense to keep up the scoring and efficiency they displayed in the playoffs in a more consistent basis this year and with very few exceptions we haven't seen the big plays.

I'm overall pleased with the "D". And, yes, like you - keep waiting for the "O" to break out.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
It's a wonderful feeling knowing that this team can make the playoffs two years in a row. We still have to work on our pass rush and the o-line but we are strong in many area's. I've watched this team for a long time and I can't remember when we have won our division two years in a row.

As far as the Titan game. I want to say that I was very impressed with the defensive play calling. I am starting to like our new D-coordinator.

I was also impressed with the play of Matt Leinart. I think we will be very happy with him for years to come. I think this is just the beginning of what we are going to see from him and he will only get better and better.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard