Did we trade to get a 6th round pick??

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pat Tillman wasn't a very good player. I know that isnt a PC take. He would struggle to makr the current Cardinals team.

I wouldn't argue the point although he made the Cardinals. However, the NFL was different back then.

The reason I brought up Tillman, he changed my way of thinking about drafting late round players and free agents

They have a legitimate chance of making the team as a contributors or even better. There are a ton of examples but he seems to come to mind the most often.

I fear I use the Tom Brady example too often. ;)

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't argue the point although he made the Cardinals. However, the NFL was different back then.

The reason I brought up Tillman, he changed my way of thinking about drafting late round players and free agents

They have a legitimate chance of making the team as a contributors or even better. There are a ton of examples but he seems to come to mind the most often.

I fear I use the Tom Brady example too often. ;)

The only players who truly NEVER have a chance to turn out to be good players are those who are never drafted and never signed as UDFA.

Frankly, it's my perception that you are better off as an UDFA than getting picked in the 7th round. Does anyone know the numbers comparing the percentage to make the NFL as 7th round picks to UDFA?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only players who truly NEVER have a chance to turn out to be good players are those who are never drafted and never signed as UDFA.

Frankly, it's my perception that you are better off as an UDFA than getting picked in the 7th round. Does anyone know the numbers comparing the percentage to make the NFL as 7th round picks to UDFA?

We agree.

I don't have the numbers but as free agents they can pick their team.

I'm always a fan of the underdog.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison