Deonne Bucannon back to DB?

OP
OP
jlove

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Except you can't go "back" to something you have not ever done. Buc is not a safety and all this talk is nonsense.

Deonne is a Safety and was drafted as a safety by the Cards. Due to injuries to our LB's necessitated an addition to that group. They tested him there and tweaked their defense to make him $LB.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wills is a proven defensive minded coach. I think he will properly evaluate DB and put him where he needs to be. Or, cuts him if he doesn't fit.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Deonne is a Safety and was drafted as a safety by the Cards. Due to injuries to our LB's necessitated an addition to that group. They tested him there and tweaked their defense to make him $LB.
It all goes back to DWaste. That MFer really jacked this team up.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If I remember correctly - he had 6 INTs his last year at Washington state-. Didnt research just what I remember

I would say that was a safety role if I had to guess- but I do agree I like him better in the hybrid role

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

Maybe yes, maybe no, the media said he was moved there after D-weed fell out. I'll tell you this the day he was drafted I said there is our new A-DUB. It is all speculation, but the reason I thought A-dub was because I watched him in college and said the kid is good, but he wasn't first round good as a safety. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe yes, maybe no, the media said he was moved there after D-weed fell out. I'll tell you this the day he was drafted I said there is our new A-DUB. It is all speculation, but the reason I thought A-dub was because I watched him in college and said the kid is good, but he wasn't first round good as a safety. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Could be? After four years it’s safe to say you were wrong. It’s really not that hard to admit. See my Josh McCown thread for proof.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Please! The dude will be a pro bowl safety. Have been saying it for some time now. Hopefully Wilks can see this and make it happen.

He has never played a down at Safety at this level. He's 10, 15 lbs heavier than when he came in the League. His one-on-one coverage skills are poor at best.

In other terms.... He's a linebacker or a traditional at the line strong safety, a position that no longer exists in today's football.

Wellthatsjustfine

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I’m struggling to understand what you mean. You’re saying he’s not, can’t be and never was a safety. Then you said he was moved there when Washington screwed us again (which is also what I remember) then you say he reminds you of Adub who was a borderline HOF safety.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He could have been our next Adrian Wilson without a doubt. Instead, they said "hey kid, go be Dick Butkus in the middle. Cool. Thanks."

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
First he needs to take a huge paycut or be cut, traded period. He is an in the box safety period not a linebacker. It was a huge mistake by the Cardinals to try and make a linebacker out of him. He had to bulk up to play $LB which should have never happened and he is still too small to play linebacker. If he is kept he needs to lose 15 pounds, go back to strong safety and play for half of what he is getting paid. He was never good enough to be a first round pick and the Cardinals reached big time in the draft for him.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I’m struggling to understand what you mean. You’re saying he’s not, can’t be and never was a safety. Then you said he was moved there when Washington screwed us again (which is also what I remember) then you say he reminds you of Adub who was a borderline HOF safety.

I didn't say he was moved there because of D-weed, the media did. A-dub played a position that is basically obsolete and now considered a LB in a 3-4. I also didn't say he reminds me of A-dub, I said he would be A-dub replacement, as a guy who plays more at the LOS than in the back field. Which is now a LB position.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Goid point. They were probably still trying to find AW Jr. Not much chance they were going to find him in the middle stages of the draft like they did AW. But they did feel he had better ball skills then Adrian, one of the reasons he was drafted so high, so there's that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson