Defense - Mid/Late Round Gems

OP
OP
Hypothesis

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
Another Iowa ILB to consider for Dansby's replacement is Pat Angerer. He might be a bit short at 6'1" 235 lbs but he's really fast (4.52 - 40) and good in coverage

I'm interested in what his vertical is going to be. And I think that listing him at 6'1 is a little generous. From many people that speak about him, they put him closer to 5'11. If anything I think he would be more suited to fill Gerald Hayes' spot. I do like him though...he plays angry and he is fast. Both he and Edds have shown great ability both against the run and especially against the pass.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I just found out AOA went to high school here in Columbus. There's an article in today's paper about him. He played at a city league school which is pretty bad level of competition around here. He seems like a good kid and has done well for himself. The article said he first got noticed when they were being timed for 40's at his college. They didn't have an indoor facility so he ran on a tile floor and they timed him at 4.38.

Here's the article:

http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten...28/whetstone-grad-aiming-for-nfl.html?sid=101

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I just found out AOA went to high school here in Columbus. There's an article in today's paper about him. He played at a city league school which is pretty bad level of competition around here. He seems like a good kid and has done well for himself. The article said he first got noticed when they were being timed for 40's at his college. They didn't have an indoor facility so he ran on a tile floor and they timed him at 4.38.

Here's the article:

http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten...28/whetstone-grad-aiming-for-nfl.html?sid=101

Hey, we used to run our 40s on tile floors in high school. I topped out at 4.38 too! Oh wait, that was 4.83. Oh, no, that was 4.96. Oh well :(

OP
OP
Hypothesis

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
Arthur Moats - OLB 6'0 246 James Madison

I really meant to post this guy with my first batch of players profiled but I forgot.

He is a small, very densely built DE for James Madison. He is very explosive and demonstrates tremendous leg drive. Plays with very good pad level and has a very strong club and rip move and has a pretty spin move to beat blockers. Has active hands that he uses well in conjunction with his footwork. Has some pretty good flexibility and balance when trying to get around his blockers. He is dedicated to his craft as a pass rusher. Is a liability against the run at this point but this past year has committed to improving that aspect of his game. Has the flexibility in his hips to drop back into coverage and the speed to stay with a RB or TE, just needs to work on pass coverage more as he was rarely asked to do so. Could be a liability in coverage. Needs to prove he can make the conversion to OLB in a 3-4 as he is probably too small to stay at DE in this league. In college he has run a 4.58 in the forty yard dash. Player in the mold of Elvis Dumervil, he is a natural pass rusher. Being from a small school who faced no stout competition, his size, the inability to predict whether he'll make a successful transition as a OLB in a 3-4 and seeing that he is almost strictly a pass rusher will cause him to drop to the 6th - 7th round or possibly even be an UDFA. Great in interviews and a very high character kid. I would love to add him to the Cardinals. The Ravens and Bills are said to be very high on him as well as a late round pick or possible UDFA.

2009: Finished the season with 90 tackles, 23.5 tackles for loss, 11 sacks, and one fumble recovery for a touchdown

2008: Arthur was also the team’s defensive lineman of the year and was No. 3 overall on the team and first among defensive linemen in tackles with 65. He tallied 25 solo stops and team highs of 15.5 tackles for loss and 11.5 quarterback sacks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Akwasi Owusu-Ansah - CB 6'1 205 Indiana University of Pennsylvania

I had to get in on this - this kid is from my alma mater! Woo hoo! :)

Another video link: a completely sick punt return TD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch#v=zhqOcr4rTsM&feature=related

Some of you no doubt recall another Cardinal from IUP a few years ago - WR - LeRon McCoy. McCoy was no where as highly considered as is Owusu-Ansah. Btw, LeRon is the older brother of Eagles RB - LeShon McCoy.

Stout

Reaction score
Akwasi Owusu-Ansah - CB 6'1 205 Indiana University of Pennsylvania

I had to get in on this - this kid is from my alma mater! Woo hoo! :)

Another video link: a completely sick punt return TD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch#v=zhqOcr4rTsM&feature=related

Some of you no doubt recall another Cardinal from IUP a few years ago - WR - LeRon McCoy. McCoy was no where as highly considered as is Owusu-Ansah. Btw, LeRon is the older brother of Eagles RB - LeShon McCoy.

CardLogic, you went to IUP?! My alma mater is Edinboro! And, for a very short time, I was in the reserves stationed in Indiana, PA! Small frickin' world, eh?

Reaction score
CardLogic, you went to IUP?!
Yep. Loonnnng time ago... I was at IUP when Jim Haslett (recently hired as Redskins DC) was terrorizing opposing QB's and the campus coeds! :D

I grew up and spent the first half of my life in NW PA. Hometown: St. Marys in Elk County, location of Straub Brewery - home of the eternal tap! Check it out some time!

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
Yep. Loonnnng time ago... I was at IUP when Jim Haslett (recently hired as Redskins DC) was terrorizing opposing QB's and the campus coeds! :D

I grew up and spent the first half of my life in NW PA. Hometown: St. Marys in Elk County, location of Straub Brewery - home of the eternal tap! Check it out some time!

You must be registered for see images

LOL Awesome! I was raised in Western PA and still live here, unfortunately in New Castle.

Reaction score
LOL Awesome! I was raised in Western PA and still live here, unfortunately in New Castle.

Like you say small world... I have lived in AZ/CA/AZ since 1981. I now work with a guy who has been here as long or longer that hails from Butler Pa.

I used to run wild all over Western PA. Good times! :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard