Defense - Mid/Late Round Gems

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
Most of us here already know most of the top talent on the defensive side of the ball that will be entering the NFL draft come April. There have been alot of discussions about them and what have you, but there have been quite a few successful defensive players that have been drafted in the later rounds and it is my intent with this thread to name a few that I have studied, and hopefully many other posters on here will be able to add their own names and opinions on a few.

I have actually traveled to some of these colleges, as my business keeps me on the road, and spoken to members of their media departments and have been shown some actual game film on some of these players. I do not go off of youtube highlights alone because they tend to only show the players BEST moments. However, I will link to some youtube videos on some of these players as that is all I can find to post.

I will post by position and in no particular order of need as need is all relative. We can have our opinions of what our needs will be but our opinions and the Cardinals coaches and front office may see different. I will also not be posting players in any particular order.

Defensive Line

Linval Joseph - DT 6'6 322 East Carolina

A monster of a man with above average athleticism for his size. He is projected by most to be a NT in a 3-4. He has the size and strength to do so and has very long arms and a solid punch that can keep an offensive lineman out of his body. Solid lower body and good leg drive. Doesn't always play with good leverage however and this will present a problem when double teamed. Always plays hard and isn't known for taking plays off. Personally, I think he has the size, strength, style and athletic ability to be an extremely effective 3-4 DE as his height will allow the Center and Guard in the NFL to get under him and negate his purpose as a NT. He will also excel as both a rotational DE spelling Dockett and Campbell along with Branch giving us a deep rotation at the position. Moreover, he can be used as an extra DT in goal line and other short yardage situations.

Watch Lival Joseph #97 in action. Especially at the 2:27 mark on the interception return...his hustle is pretty evident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu9sFXqtPUk

Martin Tevaseu - DT 6'1 348 UNLV

UNLV does not produce many NFL stars, but I think that begins to change this year. I didn't pay too much attention to them before, but it is hard to miss this man. He was a 417lb sophmore and some questioned his work ethic. He committed to the program and has shown vast improvement in his weight management and ability. He is very vocal and some might mistake him for a cheerleader, minus the terrific body that most cheerleaders have, but he is always the first to root his team on. He is a mountain of a man who, while used in a 4-3, is mainly utilized as a NT. His sole purpose is to occupy 2 blockers which he does with relative ease. For a man his size he has excellent leg drive and while his weight may be an issue currently, his endurance is questioned by few now. Doesn't have the longest arms but he delivers one heck of a punch and is a very solid and consistent tackler. He does have the tendency to jump offsides as he is a very aggressive player who plays with a very mean spirit, but I like that in the big uglies who do battle in the trenches. Outside of Terrence Cody and Dan Williams, I think Martin will develop into one of the best NT's from this draft. He didn't play top opposition and he needs to improve a little on his hand techniques, and that will lower his stock, but I believe his stock is going to be much higher than some will expect. Is a team captain and is very respected among his peers. Vocal leader.

Here is a little info on Martin Tevaseu:

From Marty Schottenheimer
The 66-year old coach left the parking lot, ran up to Tevaseu, introduced himself and then said the words Tevaseu will never forget.

“I want to tell you, son,” Schottenheimer said, “you are doing a hell of a job. A hell of a job.” Moments later Tevaseu took a step back to reflect.

Said Tevaseu: “Coming from him ... especially to an unknown guy ... wow ... I guess I'm turning people's heads.”
Boo Robinson - DT 6'2 300 Wake Forest

He is a little on the light side currently to be an effective NT in a 3-4, but he had been playing effectively at 325 lbs. He was asked to drop a few pounds because his coach saw an almost freakish athletic ability in him that he wanted to utilize as a pass rushing and penetrating threat in their base 4-3. He can easily bulk back up to 320+ and become a very effective NT. He is very strong at the point of attack and constantly handles double teams. Plays with good leverage and has great side to side mobility for a man his size. He'd be very effective with a 2 gap assignment. Sometimes plays too emotional and can lose his concentration. With work and maturity this can be overcome. Is definitely an emotional leader on defense. Will be a project but should be more than capable of making a successful transition to the NFL. I really like this kid.

Linebackers

Jason Beauchamp - OLB 6'3 240 UNLV

I originally went to check out UNLV's massive NT (mentioned above), but when watching film, I couldn't help but notice this man. Jason Beauchamp. Watching the film, I noticed a very hard working, ultra aggressive LB that was playing some pretty sound football. No, he didn't load up on alot of sacks. No he didn't have many highlight worthy plays from what I saw. But he was playing very aggressive, yet very fundamentally sound football. He was maintaining his containment when called to do so, forcing the ball carrier back inside. His coverage was solid. His reaction to play action was good. When called to rush he laid some bone jarring hits on the opposing linemen. When he tackled, he hit hard AND wrapped up. Digging a little deeper with some students that know him, he is a very very bright kid with the desire to always learn and improve himself. He has a major in journalism and a minor in marketing. His dad was a Marine whom he is said to give alot of credit to for developing his discipline and hard work. His mom is a psychologist. He comes from a good pedigree. Did I mention that this guy hits extremely hard? He finished his senior campaign with 95 stops, 12 behind the line of scrimmage, and 6.5 sacks from the OLB position in their 4-3. With his smarts, his awareness and his overall ability to play the run and cover backs and tight ends, I really believe he can develop into an ILB in our 3-4 and eventually take over effectively for Karlos Dansby's role. He could stand to gain a few pounds. Is very active in the community and a very kind person off the field.

Micah Johnson - ILB 6'2 254 Kentucky

Many people including myself have already mentioned this guy a few times in the past. However, I do believe this guy is worth mentioning a few times more. He is very solidly built and very athletic. He has 1st round talent and is built very solidly. However he has been known to have lapses in concentration from time to time and is recovering from a sprained MCL. He is an emotional leader on defense that his team mates look up to and draw inspiration from. Very solid against the run and more than able to cover. His career college stats were pretty good but I believe after watching some clips on him, that he will flourish in a 3-4. Is aggressive by nature and his aggressive play will lead to big time stops or giving up big time plays. Needs to learn more discipline. If he does become more disciplined, look out. Very well has all the tools to become Gerald Hayes replacement and to become a top ILB in the NFL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nQ39u6xTrM

Reggie Carter - ILB 6'0 238 UCLA

A hard hitter and good tackler, he has been called a "tone-setter" by scouts at the practices. Reminds me very much of Wesley Woodyard, with the same nose for the ball, but more of a penchant for causing fumbles, and an even better tackler. Will play with emotion, and is tough. A very athletic linebacker. Has excellent speed and instincts. He is good at stopping the run and can also make plays in pursuit. Intelligent and coachable. Needs to add a little weight and although he is only 6'0, he does seem to have room to add another 10-20 pounds. He needs to improve on his coverage as that is not his strong suit. He seems lost at times when asked to cover a receiver, be it a TE or RB. Has the potential to be a solid backup and special teamer but could really develop into a pretty solid starter at some point in his career.

Defensive Backs

Crezdon Butler - CB 6'0 190 Clemson

Very instinctive kid. Has ideal height for the position, loose hips and an eye for the ball. Shows good closing speed and the ability to locate the ball. His forty times have fluctuated during his collegiate career but his game speed is what impresses me. He does not bite too much on double moves and is pretty sound in his technique. Has shown the willingness to come up and make a proper tackle against receivers and bigger running backs. Does have a tendency to be a little high in his backpedal but easily changes directions and stays close to his man. Not the strongest and will miss some tackles because he lacks the strength to bring them down, but at least tries to hold on until defensive help arrives to finish the tackle. Is dangerous with the ball in his hands. Needs to get a little more strength in his upper body so he can hold on and finish tackles. Could develop into a solid nickel corner and possible solid starter.

Mostly the same clips over and over but you can get a little feel for his game speed on a couple of them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhQucP7DjYE

Walter Thurmond - CB 6'0 185 Oregon

Alot of people know about this guy. If it weren't for his knee injury he would probably be a much higher pick. Maybe not the most physical CB but certainly effective. The year prior, he registered over 100 tackles 18 pass deflections and 5 interceptions. He is an effective tackler but it is his coverage that stands out. He is a difference maker, a playmaker. Certainly possesses the ability when healthy to be the CB that no QB wants to throw to. Has good size and is strong for his weight. He is a sturdy 185 lbs. He will occasionally give up the big play because he is going for a big play of his own, but that kind of discipline can be taught. He does like to mix it up with the receivers and he plays physical. Will get the occasional defensive holding, pass interference and illegal hands to the face call. He seems to be an owl when it comes to being able to turn his head and locate the ball. Has a good feel for the game. Can be a solid punt returner.

Darryll Stuckey - S 6'1 208 Kansas

Here is a guy whose overall collegiate stats don't reflect very well on him, but I feel was a victim of scheme and use rather than ability. Needs to show that he can improve his speed a little overall in order to be an effective FS in this league, but his instincts and reaction are pretty spot on. Always seems to know where to go. He is certainly not afraid to get his hat in the mix. Very physical and loves to hit. Needs to learn to wrap up a little better but that is teachable. Has the ability to play both safety positions and could be rotated in as relief or as part of a package. Is definitely a project but one that I feel could be worth undertaking. Likes to strip the ball. Steps up big in big games.

I like his hustle and his never give up attitude.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX2DlSp6-d0&NR=1

I'm pretty tired now and will add more when I feel like going through my notes a little more thoroughly. I've listed a few of my favorites here to start but I have plenty more players I will be adding to this. I'd like to see some of your thoughts on the ones I've mentioned, as well as some thoughts on some other mid to late round gems. Perhaps you all can save me a little trouble and post some thoughts on a few of the guys that remain on my list ;)

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
good write up. I know when i was looking through all the draft prospects, i came to one conclusion, there is a boatload of talent available this year. There are alot,i mean alot,of guys that will be going in the late rounds that could be viable starters.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Really good stuff here Hypothesis, ----- I really like your find on the UNLV linebacker.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thanks for the outstanding write ups. I am a leach during the draft process. I give nothing and simply drink up the knowledge so thanks again.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about an offensive mid rounder?

Jarrett Brown says no one can out-throw him

WVU quarterback Jarrett Brown is an intriguing prospect, especially after a strong Senior Bowl performance. He came across as quietly confident -- and funny, a rare player who looked completely at ease at this meat market.

He said he was looking forward to the throwing drills most Sunday. "I can throw any given day." He also said that he feels no one could out-throw him in the country.

I asked who was a more hot-headed coach to play for: Bob Huggins (Brown played basketball after the 2007 football season) or Rich Rodriguez.

"Man, they are head to head," Brown said. "Huggins . . . man, I love playing for that dude."

Silva thinks Brown has a little David Garrard in him and should be taken in the middle rounds of the draft.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I got one. Jim Dray TE out of Stanford. Does everything you want a TE to do and he does it all at a good to great level. Smart as heck. Big reason why their big Bruising RB had so many holes on the outside or downfield. Good route runner and good hands.

OP
OP
Hypothesis

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
Dang, Hypo! You need to post more often!!! Good stuff!

Thanks pal...I try my best to get on these boards and post, unfortunately my job keeps me on the road for about 300 days year, so my time is pretty constricted. I do however get out as often as I can to study on some of these guys. I'm trying my best to gain the experience as one day I hope to get into scouting.

I got one. Jim Dray TE out of Stanford. Does everything you want a TE to do and he does it all at a good to great level. Smart as heck. Big reason why their big Bruising RB had so many holes on the outside or downfield. Good route runner and good hands.

I haven't done alot of studying on the offensive side of the ball, as defense has always been my passion, but from talking to a friend of mine who is a Stanford fanatic, he speaks very highly of Dray. He likens him to a young, more athletic version of Anthony Becht in that they have a similar build and are very good blockers. He did say that Dray is a much better receiver than given credit for though, which is something Becht is not, but not to expect Dray to make many yards after the catch.

A young Anthony Becht in his prime with better hands is absolutely fine with me.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Most of us here already know most of the top talent on the defensive side of the ball that will be entering the NFL draft come April. There have been alot of discussions about them and what have you, but there have been quite a few successful defensive players that have been drafted in the later rounds and it is my intent with this thread to name a few that I have studied, and hopefully many other posters on here will be able to add their own names and opinions on a few.

I have actually traveled to some of these colleges, as my business keeps me on the road, and spoken to members of their media departments and have been shown some actual game film on some of these players. I do not go off of youtube highlights alone because they tend to only show the players BEST moments. However, I will link to some youtube videos on some of these players as that is all I can find to post.

I will post by position and in no particular order of need as need is all relative. We can have our opinions of what our needs will be but our opinions and the Cardinals coaches and front office may see different. I will also not be posting players in any particular order.

Defensive Line

Linval Joseph - DT 6'6 322 East Carolina

A monster of a man with above average athleticism for his size. He is projected by most to be a NT in a 3-4. He has the size and strength to do so and has very long arms and a solid punch that can keep an offensive lineman out of his body. Solid lower body and good leg drive. Doesn't always play with good leverage however and this will present a problem when double teamed. Always plays hard and isn't known for taking plays off. Personally, I think he has the size, strength, style and athletic ability to be an extremely effective 3-4 DE as his height will allow the Center and Guard in the NFL to get under him and negate his purpose as a NT. He will also excel as both a rotational DE spelling Dockett and Campbell along with Branch giving us a deep rotation at the position. Moreover, he can be used as an extra DT in goal line and other short yardage situations.

Watch Lival Joseph #97 in action. Especially at the 2:27 mark on the interception return...his hustle is pretty evident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu9sFXqtPUk

Martin Tevaseu - DT 6'1 348 UNLV

UNLV does not produce many NFL stars, but I think that begins to change this year. I didn't pay too much attention to them before, but it is hard to miss this man. He was a 417lb sophmore and some questioned his work ethic. He committed to the program and has shown vast improvement in his weight management and ability. He is very vocal and some might mistake him for a cheerleader, minus the terrific body that most cheerleaders have, but he is always the first to root his team on. He is a mountain of a man who, while used in a 4-3, is mainly utilized as a NT. His sole purpose is to occupy 2 blockers which he does with relative ease. For a man his size he has excellent leg drive and while his weight may be an issue currently, his endurance is questioned by few now. Doesn't have the longest arms but he delivers one heck of a punch and is a very solid and consistent tackler. He does have the tendency to jump offsides as he is a very aggressive player who plays with a very mean spirit, but I like that in the big uglies who do battle in the trenches. Outside of Terrence Cody and Dan Williams, I think Martin will develop into one of the best NT's from this draft. He didn't play top opposition and he needs to improve a little on his hand techniques, and that will lower his stock, but I believe his stock is going to be much higher than some will expect. Is a team captain and is very respected among his peers. Vocal leader.

Here is a little info on Martin Tevaseu:

Boo Robinson - DT 6'2 300 Wake Forest

He is a little on the light side currently to be an effective NT in a 3-4, but he had been playing effectively at 325 lbs. He was asked to drop a few pounds because his coach saw an almost freakish athletic ability in him that he wanted to utilize as a pass rushing and penetrating threat in their base 4-3. He can easily bulk back up to 320+ and become a very effective NT. He is very strong at the point of attack and constantly handles double teams. Plays with good leverage and has great side to side mobility for a man his size. He'd be very effective with a 2 gap assignment. Sometimes plays too emotional and can lose his concentration. With work and maturity this can be overcome. Is definitely an emotional leader on defense. Will be a project but should be more than capable of making a successful transition to the NFL. I really like this kid.

Linebackers

Jason Beauchamp - OLB 6'3 240 UNLV

I originally went to check out UNLV's massive NT (mentioned above), but when watching film, I couldn't help but notice this man. Jason Beauchamp. Watching the film, I noticed a very hard working, ultra aggressive LB that was playing some pretty sound football. No, he didn't load up on alot of sacks. No he didn't have many highlight worthy plays from what I saw. But he was playing very aggressive, yet very fundamentally sound football. He was maintaining his containment when called to do so, forcing the ball carrier back inside. His coverage was solid. His reaction to play action was good. When called to rush he laid some bone jarring hits on the opposing linemen. When he tackled, he hit hard AND wrapped up. Digging a little deeper with some students that know him, he is a very very bright kid with the desire to always learn and improve himself. He has a major in journalism and a minor in marketing. His dad was a Marine whom he is said to give alot of credit to for developing his discipline and hard work. His mom is a psychologist. He comes from a good pedigree. Did I mention that this guy hits extremely hard? He finished his senior campaign with 95 stops, 12 behind the line of scrimmage, and 6.5 sacks from the OLB position in their 4-3. With his smarts, his awareness and his overall ability to play the run and cover backs and tight ends, I really believe he can develop into an ILB in our 3-4 and eventually take over effectively for Karlos Dansby's role. He could stand to gain a few pounds. Is very active in the community and a very kind person off the field.

Micah Johnson - ILB 6'2 254 Kentucky

Many people including myself have already mentioned this guy a few times in the past. However, I do believe this guy is worth mentioning a few times more. He is very solidly built and very athletic. He has 1st round talent and is built very solidly. However he has been known to have lapses in concentration from time to time and is recovering from a sprained MCL. He is an emotional leader on defense that his team mates look up to and draw inspiration from. Very solid against the run and more than able to cover. His career college stats were pretty good but I believe after watching some clips on him, that he will flourish in a 3-4. Is aggressive by nature and his aggressive play will lead to big time stops or giving up big time plays. Needs to learn more discipline. If he does become more disciplined, look out. Very well has all the tools to become Gerald Hayes replacement and to become a top ILB in the NFL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nQ39u6xTrM

Reggie Carter - ILB 6'0 238 UCLA

A hard hitter and good tackler, he has been called a "tone-setter" by scouts at the practices. Reminds me very much of Wesley Woodyard, with the same nose for the ball, but more of a penchant for causing fumbles, and an even better tackler. Will play with emotion, and is tough. A very athletic linebacker. Has excellent speed and instincts. He is good at stopping the run and can also make plays in pursuit. Intelligent and coachable. Needs to add a little weight and although he is only 6'0, he does seem to have room to add another 10-20 pounds. He needs to improve on his coverage as that is not his strong suit. He seems lost at times when asked to cover a receiver, be it a TE or RB. Has the potential to be a solid backup and special teamer but could really develop into a pretty solid starter at some point in his career.

Defensive Backs

Crezdon Butler - CB 6'0 190 Clemson

Very instinctive kid. Has ideal height for the position, loose hips and an eye for the ball. Shows good closing speed and the ability to locate the ball. His forty times have fluctuated during his collegiate career but his game speed is what impresses me. He does not bite too much on double moves and is pretty sound in his technique. Has shown the willingness to come up and make a proper tackle against receivers and bigger running backs. Does have a tendency to be a little high in his backpedal but easily changes directions and stays close to his man. Not the strongest and will miss some tackles because he lacks the strength to bring them down, but at least tries to hold on until defensive help arrives to finish the tackle. Is dangerous with the ball in his hands. Needs to get a little more strength in his upper body so he can hold on and finish tackles. Could develop into a solid nickel corner and possible solid starter.

Mostly the same clips over and over but you can get a little feel for his game speed on a couple of them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhQucP7DjYE

Walter Thurmond - CB 6'0 185 Oregon

Alot of people know about this guy. If it weren't for his knee injury he would probably be a much higher pick. Maybe not the most physical CB but certainly effective. The year prior, he registered over 100 tackles 18 pass deflections and 5 interceptions. He is an effective tackler but it is his coverage that stands out. He is a difference maker, a playmaker. Certainly possesses the ability when healthy to be the CB that no QB wants to throw to. Has good size and is strong for his weight. He is a sturdy 185 lbs. He will occasionally give up the big play because he is going for a big play of his own, but that kind of discipline can be taught. He does like to mix it up with the receivers and he plays physical. Will get the occasional defensive holding, pass interference and illegal hands to the face call. He seems to be an owl when it comes to being able to turn his head and locate the ball. Has a good feel for the game. Can be a solid punt returner.

Darryll Stuckey - S 6'1 208 Kansas

Here is a guy whose overall collegiate stats don't reflect very well on him, but I feel was a victim of scheme and use rather than ability. Needs to show that he can improve his speed a little overall in order to be an effective FS in this league, but his instincts and reaction are pretty spot on. Always seems to know where to go. He is certainly not afraid to get his hat in the mix. Very physical and loves to hit. Needs to learn to wrap up a little better but that is teachable. Has the ability to play both safety positions and could be rotated in as relief or as part of a package. Is definitely a project but one that I feel could be worth undertaking. Likes to strip the ball. Steps up big in big games.

I like his hustle and his never give up attitude.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX2DlSp6-d0&NR=1

I'm pretty tired now and will add more when I feel like going through my notes a little more thoroughly. I've listed a few of my favorites here to start but I have plenty more players I will be adding to this. I'd like to see some of your thoughts on the ones I've mentioned, as well as some thoughts on some other mid to late round gems. Perhaps you all can save me a little trouble and post some thoughts on a few of the guys that remain on my list ;)

This is one of the best draft threads I have ever read on this board. Not only are the selections spot-on, your assessments of the players are fantastic. Great, great job, Hypothesis!!!

How about another round of the gems?

A few players that have caught my eye:

QB Mike Kafka, Northwestern
CB Akasi Owusa Ansah, Indiana (PA)
DT Mike Neal, Purdue
WR Andre Roberts, Citadel
WR Donald Jones, Youngstown St.
CB Terrence Johnson, Cal (PA)
OLB Adrian Tracy, William and Mary
FB Dorin Dickerson, Pittsburgh
LB Antonio Coleman, Auburn
TE Garrett Graham, Wisconsin
CB Alterraun Verner, UCLA
WR Kelton Tindal, Newberry
WR Trindan Holliday, Tennessee
LB Simoni Lawrence, Minnesota
LB Albert McClellan, Marshall
LB Ryan D'Imperio, Rutgers
DE John Fletcher, Wyoming

Your thoughts on any of these players? Anyone's?

OP
OP
Hypothesis

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
This is one of the best draft threads I have ever read on this board. Not only are the selections spot-on, your assessments of the players are fantastic. Great, great job, Hypothesis!!!

How about another round of the gems?

A few players that have caught my eye:

QB Mike Kafka, Northwestern
CB Akasi Owusa Ansah, Indiana (PA)
DT Mike Neal, Purdue
WR Andre Roberts, Citadel
WR Donald Jones, Youngstown St.
CB Terrence Johnson, Cal (PA)
OLB Adrian Tracy, William and Mary
FB Dorin Dickerson, Pittsburgh
LB Antonio Coleman, Auburn
TE Garrett Graham, Wisconsin
CB Alterraun Verner, UCLA
WR Kelton Tindal, Newberry
WR Trindan Holliday, Tennessee
LB Simoni Lawrence, Minnesota
LB Albert McClellan, Marshall
LB Ryan D'Imperio, Rutgers
DE John Fletcher, Wyoming

Your thoughts on any of these players? Anyone's?

Great list Mitch...I'll break down a couple that I've looked at.

Akwasi Owusu-Ansah - CB 6'1 205 Indiana University of Pennsylvania

I for one am really, really high on this kid. Sure he comes from a small school, but so did DRC and Toler. In fact, he is drawing many many comparisons between himself and DRC from many experts. His work ethic is amazing. He is very versatile and will do whatever is asked of him. His athletic ability really cannot be questioned. One of the most fluid transitions from backpedal to run I have seen and his change of direction is very good. He seems to always locate the ball and does not get fooled by pump fakes or double moves. Seems comfortable in both man and zone and while he is listed as a CB, he has also spent time playing centerfield as a FS. He gets physical and is very strong for his position. He is as shut down a corner as there is in any small school. Of course being in a small school division, that may hurt his stock. His very low tackle numbers may hurt his stock as well, but when all things are said and done, and he performs in the combine...he could very well find himself being called in the 1st round. With the possible departure of Rolle, AOA, whose name means born on Sunday, he can also play FS, and he is a dangerous return specialist. Teams will value him.

Here's a little tidbit of an interview between Chris Steuber from profootbal.scout.com and AOA.
CS: You just mentioned that you want to have more tackles this year; last year you only had 14 and this year you already have 11, what’s up with that? You’re a physical looking guy, is it the defensive scheme that doesn’t allow you to have an impact in that area or what?
Owusu-Ansah: I’d say it’s the defensive scheme. The way we run our defense, we have a boundary corner and a field corner; I play the field corner. Before the opposition gets to my level, we have the free safeties and linebackers make the tackle. Last season, we only allowed one run over 15 yards the whole season. So, I just think it’s a combination of scheme and good defense.
CS: So you’re saying that your tackle output is deceiving and not a reflection of your physicality?
Owusu-Ansah: Absolutely.
CS: In your defense, you play cornerback, but is it fair to say that you’re basically a free safety?
Owusu-Ansah: In our defense, we play a lot of two-deep. I play a lot of corner, but in this certain defense, in which we play a lot, I’m kind of in the free safety position. I know that’s a big question; why am I playing like a free safety? That’s just how we run our defense.

Antonio Coleman - OLB 6'2 261 Auburn

Although he put up some pretty decent numbers in Auburns 4-3, 44 total tackles, 29 solo, 16.5 TFL 10 sacks and 13 QB hurries, he was hampered by the 4-3. His explosiveness and variety of pass rush moves will be much better utilized as a 3-4 rush backer. Same body type as Will Davis he also has a similar skill set. Both are projects and Will Davis really started to come on pretty strong late in the year. Coleman has slightly better leg drive and plays with lower pads. He also has a stronger repertoire of pass rush moves and he uses his hands and arms well. Good at protecting his legs from oncoming blockers. However, what he lacks is any pass coverage skills. He gets lost out in the open and can't stay with his man and too often disengages his pursuit. This is something that will take alot of coaching to remedy, but he is coachable.

Simoni Lawrence - OLB 6'0 220 Minnesota

I've seen him on a few occasions and each time I've been pretty amazed. For being only 220 lbs soaking wet, he plays alot bigger than he is. He lays some monstrous hits on his opponents and is a fundamentally sound tackler. Seems to have good field awareness and plays within the scheme. He doesn't try to be the hero on every play rather he sticks to his assignements. But he is fast...very fast. He runs a solid 4.46 in the forty and his ability to stop on a dime and change direction is astounding. However...if a tackle can lock onto him, he is out of the play and often pancaked. He does not use his hands well to disengage blockers. Have seen on a few occasions where he is easily handled by TE's and RB's. Really does not have the frame to add much more bulk. I don't see him as a viable fit in our 3-4.

Mike Neal - DT 6'4 302 Purdue

Has good size and has an extremely strong lower body. He is a high motor kind of guy who will always keep his legs churning and has active hands. Gets into scuffles after the play often because of his competitive spirit. What impresses most about him though, is his quickness and speed. For such a big guy, he often beats o-linemen with his speed, shooting the gap before they can even react to him. Will fare better as a 4-3 under tackle or a 3-4 DE, as he will not push the pocket or be as effective being double teamed like a NT would be required to do. He will be valued by many teams though for his athletic ability.

Adrian Tracy - OLB 6'3 243 William and Mary

Has a very nice wing span. Many compare him to lawrence Sidbury for his long arms, impressive athleticism and his aggressive play. Drag down tackler and good in pursuit. Improved against the run and has a couple decent pass rush moves. Does protect his legs against blockers and is excellent at scraping down the line of scrimmage to chase down a runner or to seal any cutback lanes. Hits hard but doesn't always wrap up. Hasn't been asked to cover much so that will need some work. Due to his aggressive style of play, he will run himself out of plays and overpursue often. Needs to improve his technique and probably lacks the overall bulk needed to overpower blockers. Also doesn't have the flat out speed needed to run past OT. A solid developmental project.

Mitch

Reaction score

I for one am really, really high on this kid. Sure he comes from a small school, but so did DRC and Toler. In fact, he is drawing many many comparisons between himself and DRC from many experts. His work ethic is amazing. He is very versatile and will do whatever is asked of him. His athletic ability really cannot be questioned. One of the most fluid transitions from backpedal to run I have seen and his change of direction is very good. He seems to always locate the ball and does not get fooled by pump fakes or double moves. Seems comfortable in both man and zone and while he is listed as a CB, he has also spent time playing centerfield as a FS. He gets physical and is very strong for his position. He is as shut down a corner as there is in any small school. Of course being in a small school division, that may hurt his stock. His very low tackle numbers may hurt his stock as well, but when all things are said and done, and he performs in the combine...he could very well find himself being called in the 1st round. With the possible departure of Rolle, AOA, whose name means born on Sunday, he can also play FS, and he is a dangerous return specialist. Teams will value him.

Here's a little tidbit of an interview between Chris Steuber from profootbal.scout.com and AOA.

Antonio Coleman - OLB 6'2 261 Auburn

Although he put up some pretty decent numbers in Auburns 4-3, 44 total tackles, 29 solo, 16.5 TFL 10 sacks and 13 QB hurries, he was hampered by the 4-3. His explosiveness and variety of pass rush moves will be much better utilized as a 3-4 rush backer. Same body type as Will Davis he also has a similar skill set. Both are projects and Will Davis really started to come on pretty strong late in the year. Coleman has slightly better leg drive and plays with lower pads. He also has a stronger repertoire of pass rush moves and he uses his hands and arms well. Good at protecting his legs from oncoming blockers. However, what he lacks is any pass coverage skills. He gets lost out in the open and can't stay with his man and too often disengages his pursuit. This is something that will take alot of coaching to remedy, but he is coachable.

Simoni Lawrence - OLB 6'0 220 Minnesota

I've seen him on a few occasions and each time I've been pretty amazed. For being only 220 lbs soaking wet, he plays alot bigger than he is. He lays some monstrous hits on his opponents and is a fundamentally sound tackler. Seems to have good field awareness and plays within the scheme. He doesn't try to be the hero on every play rather he sticks to his assignements. But he is fast...very fast. He runs a solid 4.46 in the forty and his ability to stop on a dime and change direction is astounding. However...if a tackle can lock onto him, he is out of the play and often pancaked. He does not use his hands well to disengage blockers. Have seen on a few occasions where he is easily handled by TE's and RB's. Really does not have the frame to add much more bulk. I don't see him as a viable fit in our 3-4.

Mike Neal - DT 6'4 302 Purdue

Has good size and has an extremely strong lower body. He is a high motor kind of guy who will always keep his legs churning and has active hands. Gets into scuffles after the play often because of his competitive spirit. What impresses most about him though, is his quickness and speed. For such a big guy, he often beats o-linemen with his speed, shooting the gap before they can even react to him. Will fare better as a 4-3 under tackle or a 3-4 DE, as he will not push the pocket or be as effective being double teamed like a NT would be required to do. He will be valued by many teams though for his athletic ability.

Adrian Tracy - OLB 6'3 243 William and Mary

Has a very nice wing span. Many compare him to lawrence Sidbury for his long arms, impressive athleticism and his aggressive play. Drag down tackler and good in pursuit. Improved against the run and has a couple decent pass rush moves. Does protect his legs against blockers and is excellent at scraping down the line of scrimmage to chase down a runner or to seal any cutback lanes. Hits hard but doesn't always wrap up. Hasn't been asked to cover much so that will need some work. Due to his aggressive style of play, he will run himself out of plays and overpursue often. Needs to improve his technique and probably lacks the overall bulk needed to overpower blockers. Also doesn't have the flat out speed needed to run past OT. A solid developmental project.

Great, great stuff, Hypothesis! Thank you!

BTW, do you have a take on QB Mike Kafka, WR Kelton Tindal and LB Ryan D'Imperio?

Looks like Tennessee KR/PR/WR Trindan Holliday ran a 4.35 (some said 4.26) at the combine today. He's small and super fast...wasn't much of a factor as a WR, but quite a return man.

Mitch

Reaction score
Hypothesis, could you give us your Cardinals' mock draft? Thanks.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Nobody has mentioned this guy yet. Don't know if he fits for us. Kind of like Ohdrick from Penn St. , but you can get him later on.

By Doug Farrar - Yahoo Sports:

Tyson Alualu (Cal): Perhaps the most underrated player on this list, Alualu played end in Cal's 3-4 and some wide 3-technique (outside the guard) in 4-3 hybrid sets. While he'd be a good 3-4 end in the NFL, his ability to rush quickly through the middle from the inside makes him an intriguing tackle prospect. If he could add a few pounds to his 291-pound frame without losing any of his quickness in space, someone's going to get a steal on draft day.

Mitch

Reaction score
Nobody has mentioned this guy yet. Don't know if he fits for us. Kind of like Ohdrick from Penn St. , but you can get him later on.

By Doug Farrar - Yahoo Sports:

WildBB, Tyson Alualu is one of the top 3-4 DE prospects in a deep draft of 3-4 type players, great call! He was very impressive at the Senior Bowl. He's going to go, IMO, somewhere between picks 35-50.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

AOA has a shoulder injury that will cause him to fall on draft day. I don't think he has been able to participate in any post season events. Don't think he's performing at the combine either. Could probably be had in round 4 to 5, which could be a steal.

from NFL draftscout:
His first name means ``Born on Sunday.'' In a few short weeks, Akwasi Owusu-Ansah will find out if NFL scouts think he was born to play football on Sundays. Owusu-Ansah, who was born in Ghana, on the west coast of Africa, is preparing for the flurry of workouts and judgments he'll have to go through in the next few weeks, under a much brighter spotlight than he is familiar with at IUP. It's too bad, though, that a torn labrum in his right shoulder will keep Owusu-Ansah from really showing off for the NFL scouts, who have flocked to IUP in recent months to watch the Crimson Hawks' All-America cornerback work out. Despite the injury, Owusu-Ansah has a body of work through four years with IUP that has garnered him all kinds of national attention. Various draft Web sites rank him from as high as a projected second-round pick to a fourth-round choice, which is quite an accomplishment for a player from what most scouts consider to be a small school. Owusu-Ansah has gained a lot of attention not just for his size and speed at cornerback, but for his special teams heroics. He scored nine touchdowns in his career on returns, including four on punts and three on kickoffs, making him an attractive prospect for NFL teams. ``Nobody can argue about his height, nobody can argue about his weight, nobody can argue about his speed,'' IUP head coach Lou Tepper said in November. ``Then he has that body of work in special teams that makes him intriguing. But he can be more than that.'' Owusu-Ansah has been invited to play in three all-star games: the Cactus Bowl, Texas vs. Nation Bowl and East-West Shrine Game. But the shoulder injury, which he suffered in IUP's final game of the season in November, will keep him from playing in them. But, he has reportedly been invited to the NFL Scouting Combine in February, which will give him a chance to show his skills to all 32 teams. - Matthew Burglund, The Indiana Gazette

Last edited:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Late round defensive gems (5,6,7th round), other than rookie Will Davis, drafted by the Cards, on the Cards roster in 2009.

None.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hypothesis

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
AOA has a shoulder injury that will cause him to fall on draft day. I don't think he has been able to participate in any post season events. Don't think he's performing at the combine either. Could probably be had in round 4 to 5, which could be a steal.

from NFL draftscout:
His first name means ``Born on Sunday.'' In a few short weeks, Akwasi Owusu-Ansah will find out if NFL scouts think he was born to play football on Sundays. Owusu-Ansah, who was born in Ghana, on the west coast of Africa, is preparing for the flurry of workouts and judgments he'll have to go through in the next few weeks, under a much brighter spotlight than he is familiar with at IUP. It's too bad, though, that a torn labrum in his right shoulder will keep Owusu-Ansah from really showing off for the NFL scouts, who have flocked to IUP in recent months to watch the Crimson Hawks' All-America cornerback work out. Despite the injury, Owusu-Ansah has a body of work through four years with IUP that has garnered him all kinds of national attention. Various draft Web sites rank him from as high as a projected second-round pick to a fourth-round choice, which is quite an accomplishment for a player from what most scouts consider to be a small school. Owusu-Ansah has gained a lot of attention not just for his size and speed at cornerback, but for his special teams heroics. He scored nine touchdowns in his career on returns, including four on punts and three on kickoffs, making him an attractive prospect for NFL teams. ``Nobody can argue about his height, nobody can argue about his weight, nobody can argue about his speed,'' IUP head coach Lou Tepper said in November. ``Then he has that body of work in special teams that makes him intriguing. But he can be more than that.'' Owusu-Ansah has been invited to play in three all-star games: the Cactus Bowl, Texas vs. Nation Bowl and East-West Shrine Game. But the shoulder injury, which he suffered in IUP's final game of the season in November, will keep him from playing in them. But, he has reportedly been invited to the NFL Scouting Combine in February, which will give him a chance to show his skills to all 32 teams. - Matthew Burglund, The Indiana Gazette

Wow...for the first time, a little video clip of him has appeared on youtube. Doesn't show a whole lot, but it's better than nothing.

As far as his shoulder injury, all appears to be fine now and according to him, he will participate in drills at the combine.

From an interview done on 2/20/2010

Alex Khvatov: You missed the East/West Shrine Game because of a shoulder injury that you suffered in the season finale, how is your recovery coming along?

Akwasi Owusu-Ansah: It is coming along great. If I had a game this weekend, I would play in it. I had a tissue problem, but I feel 100% right now.

Alex Khvatov: Will you be ready for the Combine?

Akwasi Owusu-Ansah: Oh yeah, I am at a 100% right now. I am ready for the Combine. I am ready to go.

With his size, skill set and his versatility, being able to play CB, FS and KR/PR, I'm still of the opinion that he could easily sneak right into the bottom of round 1. I wish I owned or had in my possession the video I've seen of him. This kid is amazing and extremely smart.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Looks like Tennessee KR/PR/WR Trindan Holliday ran a 4.35 (some said 4.26) at the combine today. He's small and super fast...wasn't much of a factor as a WR, but quite a return man.

He went to LSU, I love this guy but not sure if his lack of size will cause him to be undrafted. He is a dynamic--I also like Dexter McCluster, he is another small guy who is great in the open field and could be special on return teams, he is 5-8 172 and will probably run in the 4.3 range...he was recruited and started his Ole Miss career at WR so he has decent hands.

I seriously doubt we draft either guy but I think either one would upgrade our return game.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Question. Why are the Cardinals so passing offense oriented? They've been that way for 45 years. The only decent defenses they've had since 1970 were '93 and '94. And until Beanie came along OJ Anderson was their only really top level RB over a 25 year stretch. Yet they always seem to have WRs who could play.

That goes all the way back to the days of Charley Johnson and Sonny Randle/Bobby Joe Conrad. Follows up to the days of Air Coryell and then to Neil Lomax/Roy Green, then Plummer and David Boston, and finally the Warner/Fitz/Boldin combination.

OP
OP
Hypothesis

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
Great, great stuff, Hypothesis! Thank you!

BTW, do you have a take on QB Mike Kafka, WR Kelton Tindal and LB Ryan D'Imperio?

I don't really have much in the way of offensive talent, with the exception of John Skelton. I've always played and have coached at the high school level on the defensive side of the ball and that's where my passion lies.

As far as Ryan D'Imperio, I don't have anything on him at the moment. I do have alot of family in New Jersey and they may know someone from Rutgers that may have more info on him. I'll see what I can dig up.

Hypothesis, could you give us your Cardinals' mock draft? Thanks.

I'm not very good at Mock drafts and trying to predict where people will fall, but I'll give it a shot. Again it's mostly going to consist of names I've already mentioned.

1. Akwasi Owusu-Ansah - People will think I am crazy for having him go in the first round, but I think he really is that good. Especially with our lack of DB depth and the possible void left by Rolle, AOA will help solidify our backfield either as a CB or FS, for years to come. DRC, Toler and AOA will be very formidable.

2. A.J. Edds - Love them Iowa boys. This one in particular. His knowledge of the game far exceeds his years. He's a pretty special athlete too, but he won't shock anyone with his tangibles. He is a proven tackler and whats more, maybe the best coverage LB in this years draft. Would easily take over the spot Dansby vacates. Though knowing Whis, he would find a vet to help groom Edds for most of this year. I don't think Edds lasts into the third round.

3. Micah Johnson - Exceptional athlete and terrific against the run. Almost perfect size for an ILB. Emotional and aggressive. His big hits amp up the team around him as he injects motivation and aggressiveness into those around him. Will play behind Hayes until Hayes' back problems arise again, or will take over for Hayes the following year.

4. Boo Robinson - There is going to be a hard run on the top NT's in this years draft. Dan Williams, Terrence Cody, Cam Thomas and Torrell Troup will all be gone by this pick. Don't worry though, we'll be getting one heck of a player. Right now at 6'2 300 lbs, he won't be our starter at NT, but rather he'll be rotated in and out as in pass rush situations as he can wreak massive havoc with his combo of strength and athletic ability. He will get back up to his 320-325 range within John Lotts prescribed work out program and will be one heck of a steal at NT. Will eventually be a 3-down NT.

5. Martin Tevaseu - A never ending pool of energy and willingness to sacrifice stats just to make the center and guard who are unlucky enough to pull the assignment of trying to double team this guy suffer. 6-1 348 lbs and ever improving technique to go along with a nasty streak. He is the perfect project at NT. Though he is really only a 2 down type NT.

6. John Skelton - A QB in the mold of one Whis is very familiar with in Big Ben. Great size, strong arm, seems to go through progressions well and has a howitzer for an arm. Very smart kid who should learn well under Whiz's tutelage.

7. Crezdon Butler - The need for quality, play making defensive backs is never ending. This will further strengthen our pool of talent at the position and also prepare us for when McFadden leaves be it this year or next. Will be an upgrade over Adams.

There ya have it. Kinda boring considering its everyone I've already mentioned, and its pretty much all defense, but I think that this being one of the deepest defensive drafts in years, and seeing as our defense needs some real work done to improve it, I can easily see a near entire defensive draft.

As far as UDFA's:

Jim Dray - TE Stanford
Dedrick Epps - TE Miami
Keith Buckman - OT North Dakota State
Chris Scott - OT Tennessee
Matt Clapp - FB Oklahoma
Cory Jackson - Maryland
Jason Beauchamp - LB UNLV - will be groomed as an ILB backing up Edds ;)

If we trade Boldin for extra pick(s), I'd really like to pick up Linval Joseph for additional depth at DE and for our big packages.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score

With his size, skill set and his versatility, being able to play CB, FS and KR/PR, I'm still of the opinion that he could easily sneak right into the bottom of round 1. I wish I owned or had in my possession the video I've seen of him. This kid is amazing and extremely smart.

I have no idea who this kid is, but the Cards have had great success in drafting hyphen-names. I'm all for it!

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hypothesis if you have it what is your info on the following:

ILB
D. Butler - Washington

J. Chaney - Miss St.

R. Muckelroy - Texas

N. Triplett - Minn

L. Cambell - Minn

M. Johnson - N. Alabama

D. Batten - S.D. St.

DT

Abe Koroma - W. Ill.

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't really have much in the way of offensive talent, with the exception of John Skelton. I've always played and have coached at the high school level on the defensive side of the ball and that's where my passion lies.

As far as Ryan D'Imperio, I don't have anything on him at the moment. I do have alot of family in New Jersey and they may know someone from Rutgers that may have more info on him. I'll see what I can dig up.

I'm not very good at Mock drafts and trying to predict where people will fall, but I'll give it a shot. Again it's mostly going to consist of names I've already mentioned.

1. Akwasi Owusu-Ansah - People will think I am crazy for having him go in the first round, but I think he really is that good. Especially with our lack of DB depth and the possible void left by Rolle, AOA will help solidify our backfield either as a CB or FS, for years to come. DRC, Toler and AOA will be very formidable.

2. A.J. Edds - Love them Iowa boys. This one in particular. His knowledge of the game far exceeds his years. He's a pretty special athlete too, but he won't shock anyone with his tangibles. He is a proven tackler and whats more, maybe the best coverage LB in this years draft. Would easily take over the spot Dansby vacates. Though knowing Whis, he would find a vet to help groom Edds for most of this year. I don't think Edds lasts into the third round.

3. Micah Johnson - Exceptional athlete and terrific against the run. Almost perfect size for an ILB. Emotional and aggressive. His big hits amp up the team around him as he injects motivation and aggressiveness into those around him. Will play behind Hayes until Hayes' back problems arise again, or will take over for Hayes the following year.

4. Boo Robinson - There is going to be a hard run on the top NT's in this years draft. Dan Williams, Terrence Cody, Cam Thomas and Torrell Troup will all be gone by this pick. Don't worry though, we'll be getting one heck of a player. Right now at 6'2 300 lbs, he won't be our starter at NT, but rather he'll be rotated in and out as in pass rush situations as he can wreak massive havoc with his combo of strength and athletic ability. He will get back up to his 320-325 range within John Lotts prescribed work out program and will be one heck of a steal at NT. Will eventually be a 3-down NT.

5. Martin Tevaseu - A never ending pool of energy and willingness to sacrifice stats just to make the center and guard who are unlucky enough to pull the assignment of trying to double team this guy suffer. 6-1 348 lbs and ever improving technique to go along with a nasty streak. He is the perfect project at NT. Though he is really only a 2 down type NT.

6. John Skelton - A QB in the mold of one Whis is very familiar with in Big Ben. Great size, strong arm, seems to go through progressions well and has a howitzer for an arm. Very smart kid who should learn well under Whiz's tutelage.

7. Crezdon Butler - The need for quality, play making defensive backs is never ending. This will further strengthen our pool of talent at the position and also prepare us for when McFadden leaves be it this year or next. Will be an upgrade over Adams.

There ya have it. Kinda boring considering its everyone I've already mentioned, and its pretty much all defense, but I think that this being one of the deepest defensive drafts in years, and seeing as our defense needs some real work done to improve it, I can easily see a near entire defensive draft.

As far as UDFA's:

Jim Dray - TE Stanford
Dedrick Epps - TE Miami
Keith Buckman - OT North Dakota State
Chris Scott - OT Tennessee
Matt Clapp - FB Oklahoma
Cory Jackson - Maryland
Jason Beauchamp - LB UNLV - will be groomed as an ILB backing up Edds ;)

If we trade Boldin for extra pick(s), I'd really like to pick up Linval Joseph for additional depth at DE and for our big packages.

Another Iowa ILB to consider for Dansby's replacement is Pat Angerer. He might be a bit short at 6'1" 235 lbs but he's really fast (4.52 - 40) and good in coverage

OP
OP
Hypothesis

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
Hypothesis if you have it what is your info on the following:

ILB
D. Butler - Washington

J. Chaney - Miss St.

R. Muckelroy - Texas

N. Triplett - Minn

L. Cambell - Minn

M. Johnson - N. Alabama

D. Batten - S.D. St.

DT

Abe Koroma - W. Ill.

Donald Butler - ILB 6'1 244 Washington

A very quick and instinctive LB with a good eye for the direction of the play. He is a penetrating force who gets alot of TFL. High motor kind of guy that will give you 100% every play. Will sometimes get a little lost in traffic and lose track of where the play is going due to his height but also because he plays low to the ground. Plays with good leverage however he lacks overall strength and relies on out running opponents and using his speed to split the gaps between guard and tackle most times. Most NFL clubs are considering him to be an OLB from what I have been hearing.

Jamar Chaney - ILB 6'1 241 Mississippi State

Very versatile linebacker capable of playing both inside and out. He is very fundamentally sound and uses great angles when chasing a ball carrier. Plays very well in space and is good in zone coverage. Has a very high sense of awareness and a very quick reaction time. Has above average speed for his position and can play sideline to sideline very well. Picks and chooses his gaps when trying to get pressure in the backfield very well. Solid tackler using his arms to always wrap up and legs to drive through the ball carrier. Is not very strong and will struggle against blockers at the next level. Is not a pass rusher and is not very aggressive. Has a hard time keeping blockers off his legs. Broken leg appears to have healed nicely, so that should not be much of a concern.

Abe Koroma - DT 6'3 317 Western Illinois

Has good size and a good frame. Fairly long arms to keep potential blockers at bay. He has excellent physical attributes, skills and instincts and has the potential to become a solid pro. However, many people question where his head is at. While he was at Penn State, he was known, along with former teammate Andrew Quarless, to get into trouble. He was caught with marijuana and I believe he even failed a drug test once. He since transferred to Western Illinois citing "personal reasons" and has seemed to clean up his act off the field. On the field however, he is either hot or he is cold. He is not a 100% effort type player and seems to take many plays off. If he can get selected by a team that will keep on him and keep his mind in the game and keep him motivated, they will be getting a good deal as said before, this kid has all the physical tools to be real good.

Roddrick Muckelroy - LB 6'2 235 Texas

Very talented and overshadowed LB prospect. Sergio Kindle may be the athletic freak who is garnering most peoples attention, but it is Muckelroy who was the defensive leader on that squad. He was the one that was constantly in everyone's ear getting them pumped. Muckelroy is a very versatile LB who has spent most of his collegiate career as an OLB. He just recently was moved inside. Is instinctive and diagnosis plays very well. Quick to react and has enough short distance burst to plug gaps and make tackles. Good form tackler and can deliver a pop. Can drop into coverage but is better in a zone scheme than versus man coverage. He does lack desired speed and strength. Struggles to disengage blocks from linemen. Could be coached up and with the proper strength and conditioning program, he could become a solid player.

These are the only ones I have anything on from your list. Hope it helps.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard