DeeJay Dallas welcome to the desert

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm fine with it. I still would like to see a player brought in to assist when Conner is hurt/runs out of steam, which is often/soon, respectively.

More like a "toss a 3rd rounder at Trey Benson or Blake Corum if they fall in the 3rd" concept though, not anything in free agency.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
You keep saying not a needle mover, but the question is does the cap space used move the needle whether that be 1 player or 10 players.

Every player that gets playing time that is an improvement over last year is by definition a needle mover, and upgrading 5 spots as opposed to 1 can be especially beneficial if that one high priced guy were to get injured or not perform up to expectations.

Our kick return absolutely sucked last year IMO so it is hard for me to believe this guy won't make a difference.
Only two teams in the NFL had a player who returned ball more than 18 times over the season. The Cardinals were tied for 4th at 17. Dallas had an average of 4.7 yards better than Dortch on the same number of returns. That equated to an extra 79.9 yards over the entre season.

My point is the impact of kick returns is fading and the difference between bad and good is minimal at best.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cool. We haven't had a real kick/punt returner in quite a while. He can definitely fill that role. Dortch seems like more of a big play threat as a returner, but he also has too many weird mental lapses back there. Dallas should be an improvement.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You keep saying not a needle mover, but the question is does the cap space used move the needle whether that be 1 player or 10 players.

Every player that gets playing time that is an improvement over last year is by definition a needle mover, and upgrading 5 spots as opposed to 1 can be especially beneficial if that one high priced guy were to get injured or not perform up to expectations.

Our kick return absolutely sucked last year IMO so it is hard for me to believe this guy won't make a difference.
I'm fine with the signing. Like I said, not a needle mover, but not going to stop us making other signings. If he helps us out, great. With needle mover, I'm talking about big time impact.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
i like field position so i obviously like this signing

but everytime scores the westside of the stadium needs to "that's my deejay" followed by the Eastside repeating it

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only two teams in the NFL had a player who returned ball more than 18 times over the season. The Cardinals were tied for 4th at 17. Dallas had an average of 4.7 yards better than Dortch on the same number of returns. That equated to an extra 79.9 yards over the entre season.

My point is the impact of kick returns is fading and the difference between bad and good is minimal at best.
That could lead to a few more FGs throughout the year if we actually kicked them when we should, maybe resulting in an extra win. Again though, we'd have to kick those.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It is, but one good return can be the difference between a win and a loss.

Quite frankly I will go so far as to say the position might make more difference than a slightly better than street free agent DT will.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Can he scare defenses?
You must be registered for see images attach

With as much as Deejay Dallas has lived through, you can understand his psycho eyes.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I'm a Deejay Dallas fan, I'll admit it.

I liked him at the U, was happy with him in Seattle.

A lot of hawk fans were down on him as he does have some of decision making at odd times during returns - he's mostly steady there though. He's not going to break one or flip the field, but is shifty enough and stout enough that he'll give something positive more often than not

Solid 3rd down back. Can run gadget plays as well. Think Seattle could have used him more creatively as a pass option.

I'm happy with his time in Seattle and wish him the best going forward - I also would hope that Seattle can upgrade in those roles as well

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Only 12 million cap hit so far. Lotsa cap space left.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only 12 million cap hit so far. Lotsa cap space left.
With the rookie pool included, Sportrac says we have $25 million left in space.

There are still a few names out there to fill some holes.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would love CC but doesn't seem to be a Monti age appropriate player.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard