Dbacks vs. Nationals series thread

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not a bad inning after it looked like CoJack was going to go down looking with the bases loaded but we ended up on the good end of a questionable ball call by the umpire. Bergman had a 50 pitch first inning.

B1 3-0 D-Backs.

Wonder what would have happened if Snyder had actually swung at one of those 3 straight strikes.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Their pitcher threw 50+ pitches in the 1st. Good news for us, their bullpen will be in by the 3rd inning. If we geek this one I won't know what to say

Gonzalez has got to throw strikes...don't get fancy. As you say, this game is completely set up perfect. Also, once the Nationals are forced into their pen, hammer them too and get them worn out for the rest of the series.

PHXSportsFan4

Time for baseball season.
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out why they opened the season in Denver and Washington when they could have just played the games in Phoenix where it's like 88 outside. It's like 40 in DC right now...

PHXSportsFan4

Reaction score
1st and 2nd 1 out and Belliard up... Not lookin good

Edit... Belliard flies out to center. 2 outs.

PHXSportsFan4

Reaction score
Phew we get out of the jam... Luckily Bergmann the pitcher was up after Belliard or we could've been in some trouble.

T3, 3-0 D-Backs.

PHXSportsFan4

Reaction score
hmm interesting stat... The Nationals are 15-4 against the D-Backs since '04.

PHXSportsFan4

Reaction score
B3 4-0 after the solo HR by Hudson.

I can't get over how nice our road jerseys look. The red looked great the other night too. I hope the home white's look as good as these do. I mean I know what they look like and all but it's not the same until you see them worn in the game.

PHXSportsFan4

Reaction score
Byrnes, Jesus Christ can you not just normally catch a fly ball... Byrnes makes a routine fly ball look like a circus catch but he puts it away and we get out of the jam.

T4 4-0 D-Backs

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just got home from work. Does anyone know how serious Hairston is hurt? Nice to see the Diamondbacks up 4-0!

PHXSportsFan4

Reaction score
Just got home from work. Does anyone know how serious Hairston is hurt? Nice to see the Diamondbacks up 4-0!
It looked bad at first... like real serious. He ended up getting up and walking around but obviously left the game. I don't think it's as serious as it initially looked but I haven't heard anything just going by what I saw. Hopefeully he will be ok.

btw, Byrnes just had his routine fly ball made into a circus catch for tonight's game.

PHXSportsFan4

Reaction score
Dang, Hudson 2 out hit but Gonzalez isn't able to score from 2nd. A base hit right here could blow this one wide open.

PHXSportsFan4

Reaction score
Nationals make a pitching change so we are getting to their bullpen early, it's the top of the 4th. Things are looking pretty good so far tonight.

PHXSportsFan4

Reaction score
Ahh geez Tracy swings at strike 3 in the dirt leaving the bases loaded. We could have pretty much put them away early on if we could have capitalized there. Still in good shape though.

B4 4-0.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tracy needs to get some hits for his confidence.

PHXSportsFan4

Reaction score
CoJack with a nice diving play... Nice to see him make a good play on defense for a change.

PHXSportsFan4

Reaction score
Wow Bowie hits one literally almost off the plate and grounds out for the RBI.

4-1.

PHXSportsFan4

Reaction score
Ump missed that one... If anyone wonders why I always mention calls by umpires a lot, it's because I'm an aspiring umpire and I currently umpire at the little league level so I always like to make calls myself and then compare them to what the actual umpire made and then watch the replay to see who was right lol.