Reaction score
quoted as saying "going to let my finger heal."

WTF? everyone and their mama kept saying it was fine. :shrug:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

I expected nothing less. There's a reason he had tape on his finger...it was dislocated & popped back into place. I still say it had an affect on how he performed the last 4 games regardless what others think.

Still a disappointing ending to I season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

those guys all use whatever excuse they can to get out of the Pro-Bowl. Rodger's officially bailed last week because his ego was bruised after not getting to recall the coin flip.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not going either... I can't afford it.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I said in another thread that I think he has some torn ligaments in that finger and may require a procedure to fix.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I am not so sure CP wasn't playing a lot of that game with a mild concussion. Maybe I am wrong, but I would bet there was more wrong besides his finger. As the game went on and he kept throwing passes that were not explainable, it reminded me of players playing with a concussion and not knowing it. Doesn't mean he will ever say though, or try to make up other excuses. Whatever the reason, he and others picked a bad time to have a horrible game. They will be back, and remember .... revenge is best served at home. Our time will come.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I am not going to the Pro Bowl. My eyes haven't healed from watching it last year.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
those guys all use whatever excuse they can to get out of the Pro-Bowl. Rodger's officially bailed last week because his ego was bruised after not getting to recall the coin flip.

Agree, top players bail constantly on going to the ProBowl. Nothing new here.

Buckybird

Reaction score
BA said it was affecting him in the Seattle game & said he shouldn't have played him. I know nobody wants to hear excuses but more & more keeps coming out though this is the last I'm sure we will hear of it.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

of course it was not fine, ever since the injury the majority of his balls were too high or in the ground. It was obvious it was hurt they just didnt want to make excuses.

Buckybird

Reaction score
of course it was not fine, ever since the injury the majority of his balls were too high or in the ground. It was obvious it was hurt they just didnt want to make excuses.

Yep he was a totally different QB the last 4 games IMO.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Then they should of played Stanton.

They didn't tell the whole story IMO and that IMO cut the heart out of the team. I know what they were doing but it was never going to work.

The medical reality of that injury should of told them so. What happened was always going to happen and faking it through a Super Bowl run was NOT going to happen.

So it was a horrible chicken poop decision that isn't reflective of manning up and just being honest.

I know why they tried to hide it from the world to protect the illusion they could win but then can you blame the team for not wanting to play out a manufactured story?

That and then still asking him to throw deep was not the best idea IMO.

The other teams knew and smelled blood. We were doomed when he hurt it.

In fact Stanton was our best chance that moment on. Either he rose to the occasion or we were toast like you just saw.

Now you just took 10 steps backwards IMO on telling it like it is and the whole team calls BS on you.

Really unnecessary when the truth would of solved the entire thing.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not so sure CP wasn't playing a lot of that game with a mild concussion. Maybe I am wrong, but I would bet there was more wrong besides his finger. As the game went on and he kept throwing passes that were not explainable, it reminded me of players playing with a concussion and not knowing it. Doesn't mean he will ever say though, or try to make up other excuses. Whatever the reason, he and others picked a bad time to have a horrible game. They will be back, and remember .... revenge is best served at home. Our time will come.

Hopefully, it is served on the road first since we play them in Carolina the next time...

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Seems obvious the way it all played out that they have no faith in Stanton.

Obviously but that's not what BA said last year. I would watch saying one thing then doing another that tends to erode your credibility fast.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Then they should of played Stanton.

They didn't tell the whole story IMO and that IMO cut the heart out of the team. I know what they were doing but it was never going to work.

The medical reality of that injury should of told them so. What happened was always going to happen and faking it through a Super Bowl run was NOT going to happen.

So it was a horrible chicken poop decision that isn't reflective of manning up and just being honest.

I know why they tried to hide it from the world to protect the illusion they could win but then can you blame the team for not wanting to play out a manufactured story?

That and then still asking him to throw deep was not the best idea IMO.

The other teams knew and smelled blood. We were doomed when he hurt it.

In fact Stanton was our best chance that moment on. Either he rose to the occasion or we were toast like you just saw.

Now you just took 10 steps backwards IMO on telling it like it is and the whole team calls BS on you.

Really unnecessary when the truth would of solved the entire thing.

Personally, I'd rather have Palmer with his hand in a cast, than to have Stanton in there with the game on the line.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Personally, I'd rather have Palmer with his hand in a cast, than to have Stanton in there with the game on the line.

We weren't going to win the SB once he hurt his finger. Asking him to go out there and do what he did served no purpose other than to get into his head further.

BA gambled on the Palmer idea, his idea is that a highly functioning Palmer is good enough to drag the team to a SB. He's probably right but even a mildly inaccurate Palmer is not.

His strategy or gamble is that he could keep Palmer healthy long enough in a season to get that done.

I've made the point before that the fundamental problem with his strategy is that IMO that's a very improbable ask to start with.

It will work but it has no room for error in terms of Palmers health.

OP
OP
DeAnna

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I would watch saying one thing then doing another that tends to erode your credibility fast.

This.

I've come to the conclusion you can't believe anything he says. Later in the same radio broadcast he offered up this beauty:

"DJ Humphries as come a long way and has gotten much better. I would've felt comfortable playing him in the 2nd half of the season." Mmmm ... why didn't you then? because Massie was so much better?

On JCooper: "he's going to be fine." What does that even mean?

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Stanton overthrows everybody when his hand is fine. I wouldn't have put him in either.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His wife is due to deliver their child on Super Bowl Sunday. That may have something to do with his not wanting to go to Hawaii.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
as the starter, no way. Did you? He was a marginal fill in but he wasnt great by any means any time he has played.

As much as BA has loved himself some Stanton, I don't think he'll be back next season...Barkley will be QB 2 and another mid-round project will be brought in as QB 3...

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't blame Arians for not playing Stanton. For all the grief the Cards are getting about Palmer today, and the second-guessing on starting him, Palmer DID throw for 349 and three TDs just the week before. Yeah, he had a couple of INTs and a couple more could've been picked, but he also made some really good throws against the Packers.

I think not a single coach in the NFL would've benched Palmer for the NFC championship in favor of Stanton coming off a playoff win. The more questionable start was the Seattle game.