Going Into The Draft

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In past years, and based upon the opinion of Draft Guru's and posters whose opinions I respected, I always watched the Draft with a specific player or position in mind. This often led to disappointment. And this year about 99% of those people have us taking Anderson or trading down. So I'm going to try a different approach.
I'll watch with an open mind. Since we have so many needs almost any player will fill the position of need category. Since we know almost nothing about MO and whether he is good at drafting or trading, until TC or the season, we won't know how good the picks are. So, by not targeting a specific player, I'll miss out by saying, "nailed it" when our pick gets announced, but will come away not being disappointed when my choice goes a pick before.
I haven't tried this approach before so I'll think of it as the "Lower ceiling but higher floor" draft.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No matter who we draft that player more than likely will underperform because the lack of talent surrounding the player.
I’ve always said this years draft is for next years roster. I hate the idea of passing on a guy like Anderson but geez, we need a lot of help. Would it be worth trading down and land Van Ness and Gonzales( example) and Schmitt?