Cooper

Austin Zonie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You get the feel that there may be more going on with the injury/recovery. The team was contemplating his return for the final six games, but reports are he is still not 100% this far into the offseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
dominant without him? It was the weak link last year and that was WITH him being dominant last year. I think we upgraded the CB spot with Cromartie, but even there, he was pretty subpar last year and we lost our second best playmaker with HB. And Bucannon's a rook and Jefferson and Johnson are average players. nothing more, nothing less, IMO.

I disagree. I think Cromartie will be a HUGE upgrade. I also think Johnson is underrated, I think he did a great job last year. I think the addition of Bucannon will have a much larger impact than expected too. Considering how great we improved against the run, I think Bowles focused on that aspect last year. With another year with the team and the added talent, we should be quite good. Plus, with the improvements to our offense, our D should get more rest. Which will not only lead to having more energy and playing harder when they're out there, but also, the most obvious is that opposing offenses can't get yards from the sidelines. We should see improved play all around. But it's all speculation until they play.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I disagree. I think Cromartie will be a HUGE upgrade. I also think Johnson is underrated, I think he did a great job last year. I think the addition of Bucannon will have a much larger impact than expected too. Considering how great we improved against the run, I think Bowles focused on that aspect last year. With another year with the team and the added talent, we should be quite good. Plus, with the improvements to our offense, our D should get more rest. Which will not only lead to having more energy and playing harder when they're out there, but also, the most obvious is that opposing offenses can't get yards from the sidelines. We should see improved play all around. But it's all speculation until they play.

Yes we added talent but we LOST DWeed and Los which are huge talent losses. Now factor in HB's horrific injury and that's probably 3 major losses in the middle of the D. Hopefully Minter and Foote lesson the blow and HB is truly a honey badger and heals like one but that's a lot of ifs.

So at best we tread water talent wise on D but I think it's a net loss at this point.

I agree the Offense will be improve for several reasons and that will help the D. CP can't throw 1 1/2 picks a game again this year because this D won't be able to over come it like last year.

On to the topic of Cooper's injury. BA was on record expecting Cooper to return during his rookie season and stated it will help so he won't be a rookie in 2014.

I was more than a bit surprised when he was put on season ending IR because of BA's statements. I'm shocked that he isn't fully healed and back in shape at this point, again based on BA's comments after the surgery etc.

Hearing Cooper still isn't a 100% is more than a bit concerning for me.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Johnson coming out of Bama was known for his football smarts and leadership skills, unfortunately it is athletic skills which make you better than average. I think he is solid and Jefferson might be better than average because he has great instincts. I am content with both players, and would actually like HB not play at all and come back next season with the potential to be special for a long time as a Cardinal and not have something stupid happen to him after what I consider a severe injury. The Badger has such great instincts and tackling form that he could afford to lose a tad of his athletic ability and still be a stud... he is unable to do any of that if he gets hurt still fresh from what is only basically a year from major surgery :)

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
I sure hope that people remember that Cooper is still a rookie, (and now a very rusty one at that). He almost certainly will have some trouble adjusting to game speed, especially early on in the year. I'm so glad we have Veldheer next to him so he has someone to steady him down. I look for an O-line of Veldheer, Cooper, Sendlein, Watford, Massie. That is one heck of a lot of change for one year, and there will almost certainly be some discombobulation early on. As the year goes on however, and we can see them taking advantage of their strength, I believe we will come to love this line.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
I sure hope that people remember that Cooper is still a rookie, (and now a very rusty one at that). He almost certainly will have some trouble adjusting to game speed, especially early on in the year. I'm so glad we have Veldheer next to him so he has someone to steady him down. I look for an O-line of Veldheer, Cooper, Sendlein, Watford, Massie. That is one heck of a lot of change for one year, and there will almost certainly be some discombobulation early on. As the year goes on however, and we can see them taking advantage of their strength, I believe we will come to love this line.

Very reasonable assessment, Catfish!

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/113957/healthy-rookie-season-coopers-goal

Off the field and in the classroom, Cooper's not a rookie. On the field, however, he's a year behind but he's working as hard as any first-year player in the league to get back to where he was and where he should be.

"Rehabbing -- that's pretty much what I got on my agenda," Cooper said. "(I'll) be studying all that but just give my body a little bit of a break, otherwise just lifting and rehabbing."

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Seems even more peculiar when the team was contemplating not putting Cooper on IR after the initial diagnosis. Either poor initial diagnosis or poor rehab, IMO.

it's really hard to predict a broken leg's heal time. It's such a large bone, and with such a large man putting weight on it, it's tough to call

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard